Author Topic: Kids  (Read 285710 times)

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #2475 on: November 19, 2020, 01:16:18 PM »
we're still in the first week and it really has been manageable. Still working on finding his "bedtime" lay down spot. Still loves being held right now.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: November 19, 2020, 01:26:12 PM »
Yeah I get that.  Our kid wouldn't sleep in the basinet for about the first month.  He would only sleep in one of those baby pillows.  First few months are just survival mode.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 19, 2020, 03:36:52 PM »
my 1 month old does not much care for her bassinette but loves her boppy. probably b/c she's not supposed to sleep on the boppy. she is a rebel.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 19, 2020, 04:05:29 PM »
my 1 month old does not much care for her bassinette but loves her boppy. probably b/c she's not supposed to sleep on the boppy. she is a rebel.

Yes! The boppy... that's what we had to use as well. And then we progressed to the doc-a-tot, all things babies aren't supposed to sleep in.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 19, 2020, 11:04:42 PM »
we're still in the first week and it really has been manageable. Still working on finding his "bedtime" lay down spot. Still loves being held right now.

Awww, I'm so happy for you. My oldest came out as a great sleeper, we would have to wake her up to eat because my wife's boobs were rock hard. The middle kid woke up just to eat. The "baby" is one and a half and three or four days a week and the little [redacted] wakes up like 5 or 6 times a night, wakes up pissed too. He's actually getting worse with age.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 20, 2020, 08:27:34 AM »

i'm really worried about this...grandma has been staying with us for a while to help out and she is firmly in the camp of "go pick up the baby anytime she makes a peep" and im like yes of course i want to run over and pick you up but maybe you need to be allowed to fuss for like a minute and then you'll calm yourself down. I dunno maybe it makes me a ghoul...but i've seen her other grandchildren that were coddled from day one and they are absolute terrors and i can't help but think these things are at least in some way related.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 20, 2020, 08:34:40 AM »

i'm really worried about this...grandma has been staying with us for a while to help out and she is firmly in the camp of "go pick up the baby anytime she makes a peep" and im like yes of course i want to run over and pick you up but maybe you need to be allowed to fuss for like a minute and then you'll calm yourself down. I dunno maybe it makes me a ghoul...but i've seen her other grandchildren that were coddled from day one and they are absolute terrors and i can't help but think these things are at least in some way related.
yes, don't let your kid be a vag

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 20, 2020, 08:56:01 AM »

in the little research ive done (my google search history has taken quite a turn the last week), it is pretty much agreed cuddling and soothing immediately during the first 6 weeks of life has no ill effects. past 6 weeks there have been varying results in studies
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 20, 2020, 08:59:37 AM »
just wait until you start going to playgrounds you two.. that's where you get to see who the helicopter parents are.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 20, 2020, 09:04:12 AM »

Awww, I'm so happy for you. My oldest came out as a great sleeper, we would have to wake her up to eat because my wife's boobs were rock hard. The middle kid woke up just to eat. The "baby" is one and a half and three or four days a week and the little [redacted] wakes up like 5 or 6 times a night, wakes up pissed too. He's actually getting worse with age.

several people we've talked to have had similar experiences, their 2nd kid acts completely different. my brain just laughs at me right now thinking about having a 2nd kid
- chunkles

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 20, 2020, 09:06:39 AM »
How old is your first one WW?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2486 on: November 20, 2020, 09:32:04 AM »
In a few years, you'll be laying in bed unable to sleep because they're not home. The pendulum will swing.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 20, 2020, 09:44:36 AM »
- chunkles

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 20, 2020, 09:48:40 AM »
sleep as you know it will never be the same, in a couple years, you'll be amazed at how well you can function on limited sleep.  you'll set an alarm, but even without distraction you will wake up without getting to the alarm.  at least that's my experience.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 20, 2020, 09:50:30 AM »
How old is your first one WW?

1 week

Wow yes I’m sure the thought of two is not even fathomable right now, congrats!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: November 20, 2020, 09:53:06 AM »
WW, what a wonderful time, congrats bud.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: November 20, 2020, 10:13:07 AM »
ALL of this sounds awful.  :don'tcare:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: November 20, 2020, 06:58:09 PM »

It's so great though. Even though my 18 month old doesn't sleep, he's amazing. Nothing better than having a toddler learning how to talk and interact with his environment. I was the proudest dad in the world last weekend when he intentionally sprayed water out of his water bottle then walked two rooms into the kitchen, get the towel off of the oven handle, and come back to clean the water he sprayed out. It's almost enough for me to get this snip and clip reversed.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: November 20, 2020, 07:13:22 PM »
my wife has been amazing though. Just an absolute stud.

I'm sure i'll look back at my posts in several months and laugh, but I just had to vent a bit.
I knew it would be difficult, but it has been harder in ways I didn't expect. More anxiety and worry about how this will all work once we have to go back to work in several weeks.
- chunkles

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: November 20, 2020, 07:29:01 PM »

It's so great though. Even though my 18 month old doesn't sleep, he's amazing. Nothing better than having a toddler learning how to talk and interact with his environment. I was the proudest dad in the world last weekend when he intentionally sprayed water out of his water bottle then walked two rooms into the kitchen, get the towel off of the oven handle, and come back to clean the water he sprayed out. It's almost enough for me to get this snip and clip reversed.
Not to sound cheesy, but it’s been an absolute game changer. Kids are pretty rad.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: November 20, 2020, 08:07:59 PM »

kids are absolutely the greatest thing ever. and the most emotionally wrecking thing ever. but also emotionally best thing ever. it's just more of everything.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: November 20, 2020, 08:10:54 PM »
My 9 year old daughter is a train wreck right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout