Author Topic: Kids  (Read 285719 times)

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #1925 on: March 01, 2017, 09:23:10 PM »
Anyone else have a sitch where their daycare wasn't letting their kid come back even though they're not meeting any of the criteria for illness in the handbook and they have a doctor's note saying that their child is perfectly fine? This has been going on for over a week now, and we're on the hook financially for each of those days he has missed as well. I'm about to rage, but am really trying not to, because I have to deal with these people for another 2.5 years. Thoughts?

Have you already paid, or are you just theoretically "on the hook" for those days?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 01, 2017, 09:29:08 PM »
Anyone else have a sitch where their daycare wasn't letting their kid come back even though they're not meeting any of the criteria for illness in the handbook and they have a doctor's note saying that their child is perfectly fine? This has been going on for over a week now, and we're on the hook financially for each of those days he has missed as well. I'm about to rage, but am really trying not to, because I have to deal with these people for another 2.5 years. Thoughts?

what exotic crazy disease is your kid carrying?

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 01, 2017, 09:50:00 PM »

what exotic crazy disease is your kid carrying?

They told us he was pooping too much, we told them that he just transitioned to solids and that probably was the cause, along with giving them doctor's note to that effect.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 01, 2017, 09:59:24 PM »

Have you already paid, or are you just theoretically "on the hook" for those days?

Already paid. A month in advance kind of deal. No option to pay just for the days you attend.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 01, 2017, 10:01:30 PM »
Sounds to me like you're getting boned.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 01, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »
Sounds to me like you're getting boned.
Oh yeah, we definitely are, just trying to handle it like a responsible adult. College grapefruit would march in there and burn some rough ridin' bridges, I'm trying to avoid that if possible. I also want to stop the boning from happening though.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 01, 2017, 10:05:02 PM »

Already paid. A month in advance kind of deal. No option to pay just for the days you attend.

Just ask the administrator (or whatever) for an adjustment next month, and if they are unreasonable, find a new daycare.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 01, 2017, 10:09:15 PM »

Just ask the administrator (or whatever) for an adjustment next month, and if they are unreasonable, find a new daycare.

That's probably the correct thing to do, but this daycare is within walking distance of my wife's work so she can go visit him whenevs, which has been very convenient when they haven't been dicking us around. Hopefully they'll see reason, but the vibe we have gotten from everyone else there is that there are never adjustments made for missed time. We'll see I guess. Time to get a good night's sleep and get ready for an uncomfortable conversation in the morning.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 02, 2017, 07:24:16 AM »
sounds like it could be ebola

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 02, 2017, 08:02:37 AM »
It's probably super-ebola.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1935 on: March 02, 2017, 08:20:39 AM »
does the kid have ass gravy or is it solid stool mania?  if it's ass gravy i can't  blame them for wondering if it is sick but, i mean,  solid stool mania, who cares?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 02, 2017, 08:23:27 AM »
Just get a nanny.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 02, 2017, 08:48:54 AM »

This is pretty standard policy for most places.  They're only allowed to have a certain number of kids so they have to make the most of each spot.

It definitely sucks though.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 02, 2017, 09:42:02 AM »
The whole daycare thing is a racket. You don't take your kid - still have to pay. They are closed for some reason - still have to pay.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 02, 2017, 09:59:59 AM »
Orphanages are great daycare?

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 02, 2017, 10:01:09 AM »

Post the mommy blog this was c&p'd from
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 02, 2017, 10:34:49 AM »
does the kid have ass gravy or is it solid stool mania?  if it's ass gravy i can't  blame them for wondering if it is sick but, i mean,  solid stool mania, who cares?

A mixture of both, I don't fault them for wondering if he's sick really. I do fault them for not letting him come back after two doctor's notes telling them that he's in no way sick. They took him back today, for no real apparent reason, and they were all like "Oh buddy, you look so much better!"...lots of  :facepalm: and  :dubious: and  :Roll Eyes: from the Mrs. and I. Oh well, if it happens again we're more prepared, started looking at different options.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 02, 2017, 10:35:29 AM »

Post the mommy blog this was c&p'd from

libsmom.com

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 02, 2017, 10:39:28 AM »
Neighbors have an in-home sitter all summer. kids get to play in their pool all day. Sitter gets paid to tan. Sweet gig, imo. You should look in to it.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 02, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »
sounds like they were finger poppin you assholes

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 02, 2017, 10:41:47 AM »
Just get a nanny.

Not really in the budget, but it does make me realize how great being rich would probably be.

This is pretty standard policy for most places.  They're only allowed to have a certain number of kids so they have to make the most of each spot.

It definitely sucks though.

Yeah, it seems like the enormous daycare centers are the only place where they have a different policy.

The whole daycare thing is a racket. You don't take your kid - still have to pay. They are closed for some reason - still have to pay.

It does suck, especially when they seem to be violating the agreement you signed, but in general I can see their perspective. They can't just plug some other kid in on the days your kid isn't there.

Orphanages are great daycare?

That's more of a 24/7 care facility. We do enjoy seeing him sometimes. Do they have visiting hours?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 02, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »
Haha probably play sessions like the Humane Society

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 02, 2017, 12:42:57 PM »
accidentally locked my two year old in my car this morning.  luckily it was running so she had some heat.  called wife with neighbors cell phone and then realized the passenger door was unlocked.  WHEW

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 02, 2017, 01:06:05 PM »
Was the ankle bitter strapped in to the car seat?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 02, 2017, 01:32:48 PM »
accidentally locked my two year old in my car this morning.  luckily it was running so she had some heat.  called wife with neighbors cell phone and then realized the passenger door was unlocked.  WHEW

terrifying. sister in law did this and called the FD and they busted out the window because the locksmith was going to take like 45 minutes to get there.