Author Topic: Kids  (Read 285641 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #1525 on: February 25, 2016, 02:32:20 PM »
One time my left ear was like almost deaf or something for a few weeks and finally I went digging around in there and pulled out a huge ball of wax and then I could hear again and now I'm like super obsessive about getting the wax out of my ears
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: February 25, 2016, 02:34:56 PM »
One time I pulled a gigantic crusty hardened booger out of my kid's nose and placed it on time of a dime (for scale) and took a picture and proudly distributed it to my friends and family.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: February 25, 2016, 02:35:27 PM »
I am no cop, but:

this chart tells us that the lord of the rings movie referenced in emo's link would have had to have been more than twice as loud and someone would have had to watch it three times in a row for it to even begin to creep into an area considered to be potentially dangerous.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:38:33 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: February 25, 2016, 02:35:57 PM »
OMG Emo!  :Yuck:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: February 25, 2016, 02:55:43 PM »
Get effed bloody nipples guy!  :shakesfist:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: February 25, 2016, 02:56:34 PM »
 :curse:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 25, 2016, 03:20:00 PM »
Post the picture Emo!!!!

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 25, 2016, 03:22:58 PM »

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 25, 2016, 03:23:25 PM »
Good grief

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 25, 2016, 03:24:28 PM »
So disrespectful to the country
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 25, 2016, 03:27:34 PM »
My parents kept making boundaries for me and slowly worked me back to my own room. Like I couldn't sleep in the bed. Then I couldn't sleep in the room. Etc. I'm not sure what the time frame between the changes was though.

So your parents made you sleep on their bedroom floor?
Said I wasn't allowed in the bed. So I slept next to it. Then I wasn't allowed past a certain part of the floor then another part. Til they slowly worked me out of their room, down the hall, and back into my own bed. It worked very well.

So you slept in the hallway too?
Yes. As close as I was allowed to be to my parents.

this is a great story. in my mind the measurements were so incremental each night that you went from your parents bed to your own bed without ever realizing you were being pushed out.

How long of a process was this?  Like a couple days? a week?  I'm hoping for months..

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 25, 2016, 03:29:43 PM »
I bet ole Cat Nipples comes back on here and says that I should not be proud of such a measly booger.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 25, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »
funny side story. when my oldest son was one week old, I took him to kstate/mu the year huggins coached. one of if not the loudest games I've ever been to. he slept in his carseat the whole time.

I did the same thing with a 3 week old with KSU/OU football in 2011. Slept the whole time too in a baby sling. Although that game wasn't v loud after halftime.

My oldest son's first game. http://newsok.com/article/2727487

He was just over 5 weeks. I stood in the front row of the student section and held him the entire game. Probably not the best idea looking back.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 25, 2016, 03:38:37 PM »
I bet ole Cat Nipples comes back on here and says that I should not be proud of such a measly booger.
I picked bigger ones when I was a kid.  :don'tcare:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 25, 2016, 03:42:07 PM »
funny side story. when my oldest son was one week old, I took him to kstate/mu the year huggins coached. one of if not the loudest games I've ever been to. he slept in his carseat the whole time.

I did the same thing with a 3 week old with KSU/OU football in 2011. Slept the whole time too in a baby sling. Although that game wasn't v loud after halftime.

He was just over 5 weeks. I stood in the front row of the student section and held him the entire game. Probably not the best idea looking back.

what was the alternative? miss the game? I think you made a great choice and it makes for a pretty good story for him. old ball cats will talk about that game and he can be like "yeah I was there for that one too".

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 25, 2016, 03:48:05 PM »
My parents kept making boundaries for me and slowly worked me back to my own room. Like I couldn't sleep in the bed. Then I couldn't sleep in the room. Etc. I'm not sure what the time frame between the changes was though.

So your parents made you sleep on their bedroom floor?
Said I wasn't allowed in the bed. So I slept next to it. Then I wasn't allowed past a certain part of the floor then another part. Til they slowly worked me out of their room, down the hall, and back into my own bed. It worked very well.

So you slept in the hallway too?
Yes. As close as I was allowed to be to my parents.

this is a great story. in my mind the measurements were so incremental each night that you went from your parents bed to your own bed without ever realizing you were being pushed out.

How long of a process was this?  Like a couple days? a week?  I'm hoping for months..
Just called mom. It was over the course of 3 weeks. I had a big kid bed, but we still had my crib mattress. So they said if you wake up from your own bed you csn sleep on the crib mattress and they kept moving it further from their bed until eventually I was just like what's the point and stayed in my own bed. :gocho:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 25, 2016, 03:49:02 PM »
She said it was cute when they'd open their door and I'd be outside their door or down the hall a bit. :D

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 25, 2016, 03:52:27 PM »

what was the alternative? miss the game? I think you made a great choice and it makes for a pretty good story for him. old ball cats will talk about that game and he can be like "yeah I was there for that one too".

Good point. It was fun actually, but these guys talking about hearing loss caused concern.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 25, 2016, 04:02:56 PM »

the headlines reads
Sooner magic Price guides OU past K-State in overtime

before i read the article i thought the headline was referring to brent price

:buh-bye:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 25, 2016, 04:04:32 PM »
I think you can do that stuff just take precautions if you think it's necessary.  I see kids with hearing protection on all the time at games.  In a family with a former artilleryman and a stupid kid who liked to be first row at concerts, hearing loss is a real thing.  #dontletithappentoyou #protectthedrum #whatthefuckdidyousayicanthearyoufucker

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: February 25, 2016, 04:11:39 PM »

Good point. It was fun actually, but these guys talking about hearing loss caused concern.

just like a loud movie, no sporting event is causing hearing loss.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 25, 2016, 04:16:43 PM »
I think you can do that stuff just take precautions if you think it's necessary.  I see kids with hearing protection on all the time at games.  In a family with a former artilleryman and a stupid kid who liked to be first row at concerts, hearing loss is a real thing.  #dontletithappentoyou #protectthedrum #whatthefuckdidyousayicanthearyoufucker

I mean you can take precautions on stuff like that if you want, but it's a ridiculous overreaction and not necessary. but yolo so you do you.

also, my hunch is that most kids with hearing protection on at games that you have seen don't have them to protect their hearing, but because they have hyperacusis or some other sensory processing issue and hpds are the only way they would be able to tolerate a setting like that. just a guess.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 25, 2016, 05:01:18 PM »

I mean you can take precautions on stuff like that if you want, but it's a ridiculous overreaction and not necessary. but yolo so you do you.

also, my hunch is that most kids with hearing protection on at games that you have seen don't have them to protect their hearing, but because they have hyperacusis or some other sensory processing issue and hpds are the only way they would be able to tolerate a setting like that. just a guess.

:lol: like some mid level Manhattan cop would know this crap.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 25, 2016, 05:43:27 PM »
Art Briles recommended hearing protection, and I trust Art Briles.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: March 08, 2016, 10:57:44 AM »