Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #3100 on: October 06, 2022, 03:11:52 PM »
Was catching up on this thread about how much/at what age should your kids get more freedom etc and it reminded me of this.

When I was in elementary school and South Park came out their shirts were banned in school and I couldn't display my Cartman clay figurine I made in art class along with everyone else's.

Now at work people post south park gifs in our slack channel all the time. (mainly the "nicccee" gif).

Kind of crazy looking back on it.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: October 06, 2022, 03:43:07 PM »
Was catching up on this thread about how much/at what age should your kids get more freedom etc and it reminded me of this.

When I was in elementary school and South Park came out their shirts were banned in school and I couldn't display my Cartman clay figurine I made in art class along with everyone else's.

Now at work people post south park gifs in our slack channel all the time. (mainly the "nicccee" gif).

I had the Bart Simpson "Underachiever and Proud of it Man" shirt in grade school. I was told to stop wearing it because it sent a bad message. The last day of school I wore a "I'm Bart Simpson Who the Hell are You" shirt.  :gocho: Yes, I had horrendous parents

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: October 13, 2022, 08:38:57 AM »
baby 'blast started daycare recently and whole house has been SICK AF so a lot of fun here

still riding the bug train baby. fevers, coughs, experienced our first night of puking this week. lil baby 'blast sounding like a smoker all through the night. we are going to be bulletproof in not too long :crossfingers:

last week's flavor of the week was RSV. apparently it's all over the place right now. good stuff!

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Kids
« Reply #3103 on: October 30, 2022, 05:14:53 PM »
I know this is a common gripe, but has anyone else’s daycare tuition rate increased 15% (Johnson Co)? 

Ive gotten hit with the increase 2 years in a row, and it seems like services offered by the school are the same (if not technically less).  We’re starting to tour daycares again, but I’m preparing to be on a wait list for eternity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 30, 2022, 10:01:02 PM by wiley »
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: October 30, 2022, 05:43:05 PM »
I know this is a common gripe, but has anyone else’s daycare tuition rate increased 10% (Johnson Co)? 

Ive gotten hit with the increase 2 years in a row, and it seems like services offered by the school are the same (if not technically less).  We’re starting to tour daycares again, but I’m preparing to be on a wait list for eternity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biden

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: October 30, 2022, 06:48:32 PM »
Biden's daycare also went up?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: October 30, 2022, 07:50:35 PM »

I had the Bart Simpson "Underachiever and Proud of it Man" shirt in grade school. I was told to stop wearing it because it sent a bad message. The last day of school I wore a "I'm Bart Simpson Who the Hell are You" shirt.  :gocho: Yes, I had horrendous parents

I had strict parents but The Simpson’s were good because in one of my mom’s Catholic magazines it said how the show sets a good example for kids because no matter how many problems the family had/fought with each other, at the end they stayed together & genuinely cared for each other.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: October 31, 2022, 01:45:23 PM »
x-post brag about some stud thing thread:

Went to a local park and took our annual family pics yesterday afternoon. They pics look pretty awesome and didn't have to pay a pro to do it. Bokeh'd the crap out of the fall colors in the backgrounds with my 85mm prime lens. Kids still liked me when we were done. Felt good.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: November 03, 2022, 03:02:55 PM »
nice job. nothing better than a good prime in the fall

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: November 15, 2022, 11:29:32 PM »
Christmas is coming up & no one has a single idea for what to get the kids. Neither us nor them can think of anything.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: November 16, 2022, 02:13:32 AM »
they're kids. they like anything.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: November 16, 2022, 09:43:21 AM »
Christmas is coming up & no one has a single idea for what to get the kids. Neither us nor them can think of anything.

do a Disney.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: November 16, 2022, 10:54:42 AM »
Ms. Rachel is now a regular in our house. She is like crack to lil WW, even more than baby shark was.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: November 16, 2022, 11:49:44 AM »

this is the answer. Also, just know that it doesn't even really matter and no matter what you buy them, they will stop playing with 98% of the stuff one day later.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: November 16, 2022, 11:52:09 AM »
Not true! When I come back from work trips, I always bring something back for lil wacks and he only likes 50% of the crap I comeback with. He liked my works free teeth paperclips better than his Ohio State race car last trip.  :curse: #OnlyChildSyndrome #Spoiled

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: November 16, 2022, 11:55:43 AM »
lil wacks is obsessed with "Cars" the movies toys, race tracks, etc. and anything paw patrol. The worst thing I ever did was bring home a color changing McQueen car and now he has a whole set of them (Manor, Doc, etc.) When I get home from picking him up from day care, I have to setup a bowl of cold and hot water for him to change colors, while also filling up my dogs water bowl and food.  :lol:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: November 16, 2022, 12:23:07 PM »

this is the answer. Also, just know that it doesn't even really matter and no matter what you buy them, they will stop playing with 98% of the stuff one day later.

Yes, this x1,000. Unless it’s a gaming cpu, tablet, Xbox, etc. Or a sports ball of some sort.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: November 16, 2022, 12:26:46 PM »
Not true! When I come back from work trips, I always bring something back for lil wacks and he only likes 50% of the crap I comeback with. He liked my works free teeth paperclips better than his Ohio State race car last trip.  :curse: #OnlyChildSyndrome #Spoiled

Stop spoiling your child and teach him the value of hard work and a dollar.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: November 16, 2022, 12:40:25 PM »
Lol. We’re trying. He’s just having his terrible 2’s at 3. He gets his crap taken from him all the time when he’s acting up.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: November 16, 2022, 12:42:06 PM »
Lol. We’re trying. He’s just having his terrible 2’s at 3. He gets his crap taken from him all the time when he’s acting up.

Three years old seems like the perfect time to get him a bucket and squeegee, then drop him off downtown and tell him to come back when he’s made $100, then take $20 of it from him.

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #3120 on: November 16, 2022, 12:57:53 PM »
 :D :lol:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: November 28, 2022, 10:00:44 AM »
baby 'blast started daycare recently and whole house has been SICK AF so a lot of fun here

still riding the bug train baby. fevers, coughs, experienced our first night of puking this week. lil baby 'blast sounding like a smoker all through the night. we are going to be bulletproof in not too long :crossfingers:

September: Stomach bug
October: RSV
November: Hand, Foot, Mouth

i got the HFM. sores all over my hands, feet, open sores in my mouth. eating/drinking anything is excruciating. this crap sucks!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: November 28, 2022, 10:17:00 AM »
Little WW had RSV and ear infection last week.
Ms WW has COVID. Fun stretch for me trying to dodge everything.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: December 02, 2022, 01:59:59 PM »
Lucia Diane is on her way!

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #3124 on: December 02, 2022, 02:26:23 PM »