Author Topic: Kids  (Read 285608 times)

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Kids
« Reply #2600 on: March 15, 2021, 03:47:47 PM »
Looks like I'm gonna be paying for a wedding to occur next summer.  Sweet suffering Jesus.
Make a joke and I will sigh, and you will laugh and I will cry.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #2601 on: March 15, 2021, 04:03:58 PM »
I took a two hour nap today.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: March 15, 2021, 04:07:32 PM »
My kids normally wake up between 7:00-7:30, but they aren’t allowed to get is until 8:30. Yesterday they slept until 8:30 & I was awake, so nothing changed to them. They just thought they just slept in. I changed the clocks after lunch when they weren’t paying attention. They probably laid in bed awake an extra 30 minutes last night, but the time they actually fall asleep is always changing anyway. They never noticed they lost an hour.

Why is the time change so secretive in the hamburglar household?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 04:11:36 PM by star seed 7 »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: March 15, 2021, 04:27:36 PM »
Please change name to TheTimeburglar.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: March 15, 2021, 05:04:36 PM »
Looks like I'm gonna be paying for a wedding to occur next summer.  Sweet suffering Jesus.

Your kid's?  Congrats!  However, try and talk them into eloping and using the money for a down payment or just save it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: March 15, 2021, 05:26:28 PM »

Congrats dad!

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: March 15, 2021, 05:32:46 PM »
My kids normally wake up between 7:00-7:30, but they aren’t allowed to get is until 8:30. Yesterday they slept until 8:30 & I was awake, so nothing changed to them. They just thought they just slept in. I changed the clocks after lunch when they weren’t paying attention. They probably laid in bed awake an extra 30 minutes last night, but the time they actually fall asleep is always changing anyway. They never noticed they lost an hour.

My kids are little schemers that try to negotiate everything to their advantage. Easier to just change the clocks without them knowing rather than have them try to negotiate a new bed time or something.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: March 15, 2021, 05:39:19 PM »

Your kid's?  Congrats!  However, try and talk them into eloping and using the money for a down payment or just save it.

Yes. I’m already working on Mrs.Hamburg to normalize stuff like this with our daughters. I’m already planning on offering them each $500 to skip prom, not buy a prom dress & instead take someone to an expensive dinner/pocket the rest.  If they want to do it on a non-prom weekend & pay someone to do something fancy with their hair when rates aren’t tripled, great.

I’m also in the camp of normalizing tiny weddings, families should just have a big family reunion every 3-4 years & groups of friends should have a group vacation every 2-3 years.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: March 15, 2021, 06:19:08 PM »

My kids are little schemers that try to negotiate everything to their advantage. Easier to just change the clocks without them knowing rather than have them try to negotiate a new bed time or something.

Well done then.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: March 15, 2021, 06:29:44 PM »
Given that The Hamburgler daughters can still be tricked into missing time changes, you probably have time to set aside some cash so that they can cover the prom weekend makeup markup and participate in one of the major touchstone memory events :dunno:
:adios:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2610 on: March 15, 2021, 07:25:47 PM »
Given that The Hamburgler daughters can still be tricked into missing time changes, you probably have time to set aside some cash so that they can cover the prom weekend makeup markup and participate in one of the major touchstone memory events :dunno:

They can go if they want. Most people I know would have more fun/memories doing most of the same stuff, but instead after dinner doing something else with that money rather than wearing uncomfortable clothes to go to an over-chaperoned event.

Both Mrs. Hamburg and would have much rather had a tiny wedding and spent 1/10 of the money on party with ours friends rather than using our marriage to host an overly stressful family reunion.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: March 15, 2021, 07:29:22 PM »
I don't think a wedding and prom are very comparable other than fancy dresses and hair. Never thought prom would be such a pain that kids would be encouraged to do some version of eloping

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: March 15, 2021, 07:33:37 PM »
I don't think a wedding and prom are very comparable other than fancy dresses and hair. Never thought prom would be such a pain that kids would be encouraged to do some version of eloping

The two aren’t related other than just two examples of pains in the ass that I/we would have had more fun doing on a smaller scale that we had more control over. The wedding example after the prom example was more of an “in addition too”.

If they want the big stuff then I’ll happily help them do that. Just giving them other options.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: March 15, 2021, 11:03:44 PM »

The two aren’t related other than just two examples of pains in the ass that I/we would have had more fun doing on a smaller scale that we had more control over. The wedding example after the prom example was more of an “in addition too”.

If they want the big stuff then I’ll happily help them do that. Just giving them other options.

I think the larger the scale the more fun prom would be and it also does not seem like a pain in the ass

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: March 16, 2021, 08:57:20 AM »
Wife and I both agreed we should've just eloped and thrown a party instead.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: March 16, 2021, 09:08:32 AM »
Got married in Vegas.  Told friends and family that they were welcome to attend if they wanted but no biggie if they didn't.  Ended up with about 30 guests and everyone had a great time.

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: March 16, 2021, 02:49:28 PM »

Yes, sir. 

I would love to send them to Vegas, but the wife and daughter have different ideas.  Like spending a shitload of money. 

Offline Jobu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: March 16, 2021, 02:54:26 PM »

Congrats dad!

Thanks!

She's actually marrying a decent guy.  They are both graduating from college, and he already has a sweet job lined up.  So, that's cool.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: March 24, 2021, 08:55:26 AM »
 :)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: March 24, 2021, 09:21:05 AM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: March 24, 2021, 12:15:43 PM »

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: April 02, 2021, 10:26:03 AM »
Vacation question: any recommendations for a warm beach to take kids to this summer? Someplace where you could stay in a cabin/cottage thing, wake up, eat pancakes, walk outside and play/swim on the beach all day. Not in a resort/hotel. Small numbers of people nearby okay. Would not need to have any other activities nearby.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: April 02, 2021, 10:32:23 AM »
Vacation question: any recommendations for a warm beach to take kids to this summer? Someplace where you could stay in a cabin/cottage thing, wake up, eat pancakes, walk outside and play/swim on the beach all day. Not in a resort/hotel. Small numbers of people nearby okay. Would not need to have any other activities nearby.

high end airbnb around destin

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: April 02, 2021, 10:59:53 AM »
are kids like, a lot of work and stuff?

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: April 02, 2021, 11:15:10 AM »
are kids like, a lot of work and stuff?

Not really
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best