Author Topic: Unions  (Read 9519 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Unions
« Reply #250 on: September 22, 2023, 07:14:54 PM »
maybe i'm missing some context or should listen to what scott actually said, but he said something about how he thought striking workers should be fired, as reagan famously did with traffic controllers, right?

so that's not a threat to fire the striking autoworkers, because scott isn't an automaker.  he doesn't currently have the ability to fire anyone, he's just laying out his views, which strikes me as an appropriate thing for a person running for the presidency to do.  maybe he should be asked to clarify whether he means firing federal workers if some went on strike or if he's offering advice to the automakers or whatever but i don't see any way it can be credibly viewed as a threat to the autoworkers currently on strike.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 22, 2023, 10:40:34 PM »
maybe i'm missing some context or should listen to what scott actually said, but he said something about how he thought striking workers should be fired, as reagan famously did with traffic controllers, right?

so that's not a threat to fire the striking autoworkers, because scott isn't an automaker.  he doesn't currently have the ability to fire anyone, he's just laying out his views, which strikes me as an appropriate thing for a person running for the presidency to do.  maybe he should be asked to clarify whether he means firing federal workers if some went on strike or if he's offering advice to the automakers or whatever but i don't see any way it can be credibly viewed as a threat to the autoworkers currently on strike.
Tim Scott is an employer.

Here is the relevant info:

“The complaint was filed against Scott in his capacity as a representative for Tim Scott for America. In addition to being a senator representing the state of South Carolina, Scott is running for president, making him an employer as well. The premise of the complaint is that Scott’s comments could be construed as a direct threat against his campaign staffers, whose right to strike is enshrined in federal law.

Scott’s comments appear to violate those laws, said Benjamin Sachs, a professor of labor law at Harvard University. “A statement as direct as ‘if you strike, you’re fired’ is textbook unfair labor practice language because workers can’t be fired for striking,” Sachs told The Intercept. “If a reasonable employee could interpret the statement as ‘if I strike, I’m fired,’ then it is without a doubt an unfair labor practice violation.”

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 22, 2023, 10:48:58 PM »
that's clearly a law that should be changed.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 22, 2023, 11:00:17 PM »
Maybe you should run for office and put your money where your mouth is?
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 22, 2023, 11:01:00 PM »
Careful, uncle Joe will lock your ass up.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 23, 2023, 12:50:14 PM »
Being a peon who supports management over fellow peons will never make sense to me ever in my life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 24, 2023, 06:56:46 AM »
Being a peon who supports management over fellow peons will never make sense to me ever in my life

Unless it's a ploy to get in tight with upper management, they are very stupid people with no idea of what they're saying.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 24, 2023, 11:02:55 AM »

American’s empathy towards money causes the lack of empathy towards many other things.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 24, 2023, 11:12:02 AM »
I saw video of a guy doing an in car rant. He was basically like, "I don't blame the owners; they're taking all the risk. I blame the MIDDLE MEN!" Rich people in this country have a hell of a con going.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 24, 2023, 12:20:37 PM »
I think most americans are just thinking they'd like to have a new car someday and not pay 6 figures for a explorer

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 24, 2023, 10:48:54 PM »

American’s empathy towards money causes the lack of empathy towards many other things.

perfectly said

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 26, 2023, 07:03:43 PM »

Powerful statements indeed.  I don’t think either one of you have the slightest idea of what is going on with the uaw situ though.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Unions
« Reply #262 on: September 26, 2023, 09:25:01 PM »
They’re clueless

Move on and don’t bother.

Did GM ever restructure that crushing pension plan that even had Federal executive pool retirees awash with jealousy?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 27, 2023, 06:50:44 PM »

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 27, 2023, 06:54:53 PM »
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Unions
« Reply #265 on: September 27, 2023, 09:24:30 PM »
Ol Pedo Pete:  Given the union guy the ol what for - now tryin to be their BFF and launder money through the UkroGrifters

#onbrand