Author Topic: Time to talk extension  (Read 4146 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Time to talk extension
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2017, 03:36:52 PM »

I believe he well not get fired next year either. Most outside observers would probably think this team will take a step backwards.  Being a bubble team would be seen as an accomplishment. 

The year after, that's when his job will be on the line.

You think outside observers prognosis' have any bearing on how an athletic director will assess the second most important position in the department?

Yes I do. Maybe not a blogger from Connecticut, but preseason polls, local media and opinions of other coaches will likely affect the assessment.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2017, 04:01:42 PM »
Maybe not a blogger from Connecticut, but preseason polls, local media and opinions of other coaches will likely affect the assessment.

i agree with mir.  whatever impact any of that has will be more than balanced out in the other direction by the fact that a sizeable portion of the fanbase doesn't like him.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2017, 04:09:00 PM »
Maybe not a blogger from Connecticut, but preseason polls, local media and opinions of other coaches will likely affect the assessment.

i agree with mir.  whatever impact any of that has will be more than balanced out in the other direction by the fact that a sizeable portion of the fanbase doesn't like him.

IMO its hard to tell how big that portion of the fanbase really is. I don't think this board or twitter are good indicators. Maybe facebook a little more but I'm not sure.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2017, 04:20:55 PM »

IMO its hard to tell how big that portion of the fanbase really is. I don't think this board or twitter are good indicators. Maybe facebook a little more but I'm not sure.

The players feel it. The coaches feel it. There shouldn't be much doubt the administration feels it. Winning a game in the NCAA doesn't really resolve the issue imo.

KK was shooting the crap with Stan Friday talking about how the donors have the money lined up for Brad. Now lets say that is true. If Veatch gets that done, he will be the next AD at K-State. Everything is resolved.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2017, 05:10:49 PM »

All you have to do is read all of the quotes and tweets from the program to know how they think the fan base feels. Also the attendance is being reported as noticeably low.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2017, 05:13:28 PM »
An NCAA appearance will maintain or increase season ticket sales

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2017, 05:15:37 PM »

All you have to do is read all of the quotes and tweets from the program to know how they think the fan base feels. Also the attendance is being reported as noticeably low.

Yeah, but I'm assuming they get their feel for the fanbase from Twitter.

Also, on the reports of fan attendance, it wasn't great for the week night Big 12 games, I'd guess 8Kish, but the final home Saturday was 10-11K.

Next year will be interesting if oscar is retained.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2017, 05:57:35 PM »
i think gpc is a pretty decent representation of the fanbase.  more intense than the fanbase as a whole, but reflects the mood about right.

they waited and saw for four years, but after 5-13 they were ready to bring back brad and once you get something like that in your head, an 8-10 doesn't get it out.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2017, 10:07:00 PM »

Why do you assume you're more discerning than everyone else?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2017, 10:13:07 PM »

Maybe. I think Greg is the only person left on this board who still buys tickets and goes to the games.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2017, 11:05:25 PM »

I just think that most people who stopped buying would have stopped this year for the team picked 9th in the league

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2017, 11:14:09 PM »

I just think that most people who stopped buying would have stopped this year for the team picked 9th in the league

I have been told that seat donations decreased which means a reduction in season tickets. I don't know about overall ticket revenue, I guess we'll see when the revenue numbers are released. Walk ups and single game sales will likely be increased from last season while season ticket numbers will be down.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2017, 12:04:03 AM »
Extending him because you don't think you can make a move is super weird. I would imagine if we don't want to make a move. We will not make a move.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2017, 01:20:03 AM »

Mich is quite discerning, and nobody else around here really is.... weird question, I thought everybody knew this.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.