Author Topic: NIT or NOT?  (Read 4394 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: NIT or NOT?
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 09:34:53 AM »
Absolutely. There's a billion reasons to hate oscar, but a guy fighting for his job/wanting his team in the tourney is not one of them for me. Even tho he has some of the lamest excuses of all time.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2017, 09:36:56 AM »
FWIW, I'm not a oscar fan and still want him gone, I've just come to grips with our current reality. An interim AD is going to be hard pressed to fire oscar in our current situation and the task of hiring a new quality coach would be even more difficult. I don't see us having a new AD in place before the end of March. At this point the best hope is that oscar decides to Altman us after the season.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2017, 09:43:09 AM »
The state of cats hoops is depressing.  My outlet has been unrelenting pessimism, but even that is becoming less therapeutic.  Maybe time to become a manic sunshine pumper?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2017, 09:46:33 AM »
The state of cats hoops is depressing.  My outlet has been unrelenting pessimism, but even that is becoming less therapeutic.  Maybe time to become a manic sunshine pumper?

If you need a primer subscribe to Wildcat Salute. Its the best source of sunshine pumping for K-State I've ever seen.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2017, 09:47:58 AM »
At this point the best hope is that oscar decides to Altman us after the season.

this is so depressing.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2017, 09:52:15 AM »
At this point the best hope is that oscar decides to Altman us after the season.

this is so depressing.

To me we're still better off long term. Who knows what Currie would have done, but I still didn't trust him to hire a much better option. We may have a 1 year delay for oscar because its tough to see next year being much different than this one, so we'll get our new AD making a decision to hire his own guy. Also, its very likely next year will provide a larger talent pool to choose from because this year isn't great IMO.

Offline Joker

• Katpak'r
  • Resident Play-Hard Chartologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2017, 10:03:42 AM »
Absolutely. There's a billion reasons to hate oscar, but a guy fighting for his job/wanting his team in the tourney is not one of them for me. Even tho he has some of the lamest excuses of all time.

I would normally agree.  I just think the billion other reasons completely negate his legitimate efforts.  When he constantly makes excuses it gets to a point where everything he says just sounds like whining.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2017, 07:36:37 PM »

this is so depressing.

To me we're still better off long term. Who knows what Currie would have done, but I still didn't trust him to hire a much better option. We may have a 1 year delay for oscar because its tough to see next year being much different than this one, so we'll get our new AD making a decision to hire his own guy. Also, its very likely next year will provide a larger talent pool to choose from because this year isn't great IMO.
That talking point has always been so weird to me. Outside the shot we squandered away on Brad last year, I feel like every year is the exact same when it comes to coaches to choose from.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2017, 07:39:15 PM »
Some years seem better than others to me, I could be wrong.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2017, 07:40:56 PM »
Nah, it's probably to personal opinion. Nothing wrong with how you view things.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2017, 08:06:21 PM »

this is so depressing.

To me we're still better off long term. Who knows what Currie would have done, but I still didn't trust him to hire a much better option. We may have a 1  year delay for oscar because its tough to see next year being much different than this one, so we'll get our new AD making a decision to hire his own guy. Also, its very likely next year will provide a larger talent pool to choose from because this year isn't great IMO.
That talking point has always been so weird to me. Outside the shot we squandered away on Brad last year, I feel like every year is the exact same when it comes to coaches to choose from.
that is probably true, maybe the one thing unique about this year is Illinois, Missouri and maybe KSU all in the market at the same time. 

To me we will keep oscar because most coaches with options want to know who they will be working for - a Kstater who will come anyways, as will an up and comer that wants to cash in while he is hot or an established guy that needs to hit the reset button.  The last guy is what a lot of p5 football schools seem to do but it is even worse for us considering the general doesn't seem to be a long term UP. 

Offline ELL3

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2017, 08:12:38 PM »
I think Oscar Weber stays even after we lose to Baylor and get no NCAA invite. Next season will be crash to 10th place and we get a new coach in the Spring of 18

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2017, 09:07:58 PM »
I think Oscar Weber stays even after we lose to Baylor and get no NCAA invite. Next season will be crash to 10th place and we get a new coach in the Spring of 18

I'm thinking the same now. And I hate it!
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2017, 09:22:34 PM »
The NIT would be damn lucky to have us.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2017, 10:46:32 PM »

this is so depressing.

Forbes and Keatts will be gone for sure Sampson 50/50.