Author Topic: VOICE  (Read 3290 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
VOICE
« on: March 01, 2017, 08:15:52 AM »
So what exactly does this new governmental office do that our other crime enforcement isn't doing already?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: VOICE
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 08:47:22 AM »
Is DHS already publishing a list of crimes committed by illegal aliens? I think that's what this person's job is going to be. Seems like something we should be keeping track of as we re-evaluate our immigration policies and enforcement priorities.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 08:50:09 AM »
So there's no change in enforcement? The "E" stands for enforcement so I thought maybe they would do something differently.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 09:14:53 AM »
It's a new propaganda machine. That's all you really need to know.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 09:41:41 AM »
How much bigger is Donald's budget going to be than the continuing resolutions Obama was working under? Between new government departments, the largest military spending increase in US history, and the wall, it's hard to tell.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 11:10:42 AM »
It's not a house. It's a lifestyle.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 11:18:49 AM »
Is DHS already publishing a list of crimes committed by illegal aliens? I think that's what this person's job is going to be. Seems like something we should be keeping track of as we re-evaluate our immigration policies and enforcement priorities.

As long as we're also keeping a naughty list of when citizens attack immigrants (legal or illegal), like the one in Olathe.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2017, 01:21:23 PM »
I don't think it's ever legal to attack immigrants, or anyone for that matter.  Maybe in self defense (not really an attack) or in a boxing match is it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2017, 02:23:26 PM »

As long as we're also keeping a naughty list of when citizens attack immigrants (legal or illegal), like the one in Olathe.

I think the point is to call attention to crimes committed by people who shouldn't be here.

Democrats were sooooooper pissed about this last night, btw. There was an audible "hissssss" when he said it. Keep on keepin' on Dems. You're propelling Trump to a landslide reelection.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 02:26:03 PM »
I'm not a Democrat, and I think it's disgusting. :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2017, 02:41:15 PM »
Why not deport the criminals?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 03:36:26 PM »
I don't see a problem with keeping stats on illegal immigrant criminals. Deporting them. Etc.

I'm curious how low or high the bar will be to warrant deportation

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
VOICE
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 03:42:27 PM »
It's not about keeping stats or deporting, it is about publishing a list of offenders to scare people into thinking the problem of crimes committed by immigrants is more prevalent than it actually is. It's not like they're going to post this information right next to crimes committed by citizens, even though presumably they have to sift through the same data to get the info they want to promote.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 03:53:05 PM »
I don't know whether crime is more prevalent among illegal immigrants than citizens and legal residents, but I'm not sure why that is relevant. We have crime prevention method for illegal immigrants - deportation and border enforcement - that are not available for citizens.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2017, 04:05:20 PM »
I don't know whether crime is more prevalent among illegal immigrants than citizens and legal residents, but I'm not sure why that is relevant. We have crime prevention method for illegal immigrants - deportation and border enforcement - that are not available for citizens.
What happened to you in your life? Why do you hate brown people so much?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 09:00:26 PM »

Do you realize that "brown people" and the poor are particularly impacted by illegal immigration and the associated crime, drugs, and depressed wages? What happened in your life to hate your fellow Americans just because they're brown or poor?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 09:05:58 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 09:01:48 PM »

Do you realize that "brown people" are particularly impacted by illegal immigration depressing wages and increasing crime?

They are positively impacted, just like everyone else.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »

Do you realize that "brown people" are particularly impacted by illegal immigration depressing wages and increasing crime?

Don't be a dumbass. Read the article just posted in the immigration thread.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 09:09:46 PM »

The author believes that in the absence of immigrant labor, all of those jobs would exist at higher wages. The reality is that most of those jobs would no longer exist and the overall economy would be significantly smaller.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2017, 09:11:24 PM »
The "illegal immigrants are increasing crime" argument is stupid.  You can use the same justification for literally anything.

"We need to kick out the black/white/brown/yellow people because they are committing crimes"

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2017, 09:12:17 PM »

The author believes that in the absence of immigrant labor, all of those jobs would exist at higher wages. The reality is that most of those jobs would no longer exist and the overall economy would be significantly smaller.

Ok, you're smarter than the Harvard economist.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 09:12:49 PM »
Clearly. That guy should be ashamed of himself.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2017, 09:13:49 PM »
The "illegal immigrants are increasing crime" argument is stupid.  You can use the same justification for literally anything.

"We need to kick out the black/white/brown/yellow people because they are committing crimes"

Citizens? I don't think you are grasping the difference in how we can handle citizens versus illegal aliens.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2017, 09:14:36 PM »
I genuinely had no idea there were people who believed illegal immigration resulted in a net positive economically. That's lol levels of Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Of course it's a net positive, just like free trade and fewer regulations are a net positive.

:lol:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2017, 09:24:04 PM »
I genuinely had no idea there were people who believed illegal immigration resulted in a net positive economically. That's lol levels of Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!).

Of course it's a net positive, just like free trade and fewer regulations are a net positive.

:lol:

What part did you disagree with?