Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 162714 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #1325 on: March 30, 2018, 09:48:44 PM »
:lol: There's like 3 or 4 straight pages that are basically just transcripts of this big group chat featuring a bunch of friends who must've looped Currie in for fun. Mostly they're talking about how Domino's had 50% off delivery that day, and how a random Pizza Hut pizza showed up at their door, then they're debating whether or not there's an engagement ring hidden in the stuffed crust, then it hops to this:

Y'all lil steve just texted me w/ a pic of my 1st student ID from Troy .. I lost that bitch like first month of school .. it showed up on his gfs front porch tonight

God, I hope this stuff made it into depositions or something
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 30, 2018, 09:54:24 PM »
11/28/201716:09(UTC+0) From:+16154802530    Jay-Z nominated for a lot of Grammys what a morning
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 30, 2018, 10:05:23 PM »
:lol: There's like 3 or 4 straight pages that are basically just transcripts of this big group chat featuring a bunch of friends who must've looped Currie in for fun.

eff, not even Currie deserved that.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 30, 2018, 10:08:06 PM »
I disagree. As his university and entire life crumbled around him, as the student body at his school was chanting "Fire Currie" at a basketball home game, one hero in that text chain did him a favor from afar by keeping him abreast of pertinent issues:

1/30/201701:32(UTC+0) From:+17702892697   Property brothers are on

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 30, 2018, 10:11:08 PM »
1/30/201703:49(UTC+0) From:+14072345704
    The Vols signed Uncle Rico to a multiyear contract. $18,500 a year plus deluxe grand caravan and year supply of Omaha steaks!

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 30, 2018, 10:12:56 PM »
11/30/201705:00(UTC+0) From:+14236934525 Have you tried Bofa?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 30, 2018, 10:21:19 PM »
11/30/201705:00(UTC+0) From:+14236934525 Have you tried Bofa?
What's bofa?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 30, 2018, 10:21:57 PM »
BOFA DEEZ NUTZ IN UR MOUTH

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 30, 2018, 10:22:12 PM »
1/30/201717:44(UTC+0) From:+16154802530    i should FOIA John Curries call records

Someone text him and ask if he's our hero

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 30, 2018, 10:23:15 PM »
BOFA DEEZ NUTZ IN UR MOUTH
:alleyoop:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: March 30, 2018, 10:24:55 PM »
1/30/201718:23(UTC+0) From:+14234625859
  There’s an old jazz tune called I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My Sister Kate and it’s getting creepier every time I listen

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 30, 2018, 10:28:27 PM »
This one I just had to screenshot. Apparently someone signed him up for a service that texts you daily sexy Christmas messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 30, 2018, 10:34:05 PM »
2/1/201714:42(UTC+0) From:+18645042583To:   You fired Frank Martin you're the worst athletic director ever can you resign please

In the end, EMAW always wins. :gocho:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 30, 2018, 10:40:24 PM »
Damn. Right after Currie gets fired and there are a million texts taunting him, there's this:

2/2/201720:11(UTC+0)    ButchJones:   Just wanted u to know I was thinking of u.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 30, 2018, 10:44:11 PM »
 :sdeek:

2/3/201723:08(UTC+0) From:  So sorry about the news! Tenn loses a good one! Sounds like you were undermined badly by Fulmer! If I can ever be of help to you please let me know! I know you will bounce back and do well! Dirty deal!

Your friend,
Del Miller

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 30, 2018, 10:46:28 PM »
The very last text on 643 pages of transcripts just says this:

2/6/201713:54(UTC+0) From:+18653203126:       Bahhhhh

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: March 30, 2018, 10:56:24 PM »
Ok. So. I finished reading (skimming) the gigantic record of his texts from Phone #1, which he turned off (and eventually replaced) when Clay Travis leaked his phone number and the wackos went nuts at the Schiano hire.

The log from his second phone (the replacement) is much, much shorter and presented in a much more readable format.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ojyeg96gwsqfml0/AABTaH8am8iLi7BD_G8y91i9a?dl=0&preview=JOHN+CURRIE+TEXTS+(2ND+PHONE).pdf

Nothing too interesting until page 19, which is where he start texting with the pilot of the charter jet that he was using to fly all around the country to interview people like Gundy, Leach, etc. He's telling the pilot of the new plans but urging him to not file the flight plan reports until after they've landed or whatever.  Mr. Currie I think maybe the FAA would see this as a big deal, maybe even big enough that you should get suspended for your tourney game against Syracuse. :nono:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: March 30, 2018, 11:12:04 PM »
go to page 35

Ooooh I think I got to some of the good stuff. Pretty sure this is what I'm reading right now:

Currie heads off on a cross-country flight to court Leach (a flight that doesn't have wifi) without telling his boss Beverly Davenport, she frantically tries to get in touch with him (through Reid Sigmon) to figure out wtf is going on, he doesn't answer for 6 hours, and Davenport gets pissed at Currie for going rogue without her permission. She got no updates because he couldn't text/email her from the air.

When she finally figures out what happened, she gets in touch with him while he's in L.A. and tells him to fly back immediately, where she promptly fires his ass. (Figuratively)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:15:19 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 30, 2018, 11:20:33 PM »
Okay so it turned out to not be all that juicy in the following pages, because lots was redacted or just didn't show up for whatever reason.

But after the news broke that Currie had been fired, there were a lot of heartfelt, sympathetic messages that people from the department texted him. And then, always drunk and loud Brady Hoke texted him this:

JOHN VERY SORRY TO HEAR WHAT HAS HAPPENED THIS IS THE BULL CRAP THAT COLLEGE FOOTBALL HAS BECOME IF I CAN BE OF ANY HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: March 31, 2018, 10:35:59 AM »
After Currie announced they wouldn't be hiring Schiano after all, and he released a statement thanking fans for their patience:

To:jcurrie
Subject:Your statement
Date:Monday, November 27, 2017 12:15:55 PM

Whose patience? Nobody is patient! Quit shopping at Big Lots for a coach and go to Nordstrom! We deserve a greatcoach not a third or fourth tier leftover. You had better make a great hire and do it yesterday or your career is over! Cutliff is a great person but not enough!

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: March 31, 2018, 10:45:51 AM »
I enjoyed the exchange of Currie arranging beverages for Mike Gundy at a Dallas hotel.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: March 31, 2018, 01:31:11 PM »
remind me, who did tennessee actually get as a coach?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 31, 2018, 01:50:53 PM »
Bama defensive coordinator

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: March 31, 2018, 03:00:57 PM »

Not Schiano

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 31, 2018, 08:20:41 PM »
Bama defensive coordinator

Pretty dece hire, lol currie
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite