Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 159941 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #1125 on: December 03, 2017, 07:56:40 AM »
I was hoping somebody would listen....

It WAS really entertaining.  I too am not the world's biggest Clay Travis fan, but I do tend to believe his side of this story.....which is that this is all just one big revolt against the Hasslem family and their stooge John Currie. 

I actually admire the UT fans for doing that.  I wish that it didn't have to have involve the Penn State stuff, but oh well.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: December 03, 2017, 08:06:43 AM »
That part seems incongruous with the part about Schiano being the guy that the Haslams wanted for Tennessee.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: December 03, 2017, 08:09:48 AM »
That part seems incongruous with the part about Schiano being the guy that the Haslams wanted for Tennessee.

Meh, the rich family wants who they want.  It's not for us to understand, only to observe.

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: December 03, 2017, 08:12:51 AM »
As much as i hate to admit it, Fulmer will probably actually land a good hire.  Now that Currie is gone, he will go after candidates "too dirty" for ole clean as a moneys ass Currie.  Plus he can sell them on the idea that the crap show was JC, not UT nation.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: December 03, 2017, 08:23:19 AM »
it’s might be Petrino unless Gus goes to Ark and Auburn finally gets him

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: December 03, 2017, 08:28:36 AM »
it’s might be Petrino unless Gus goes to Ark and Auburn finally gets him

IIRC, media types had speculated that Petrino had some sort of a man-to-man promise to Tom Zurich, the Louisville AD, that he wouldn't eff him over again.

If suspended University of Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich never returns to his job, head football coach Bobby Petrino could save millions of dollars should he leave Louisville before his contract expires.

That's because Petrino's employment contract specifies that he has to pay a penalty if he leaves the Cardinals. The amount varies over time. This year, it would cost him $8 million. In 2023, the final year of the deal, the bill would be $5 million.

But there's a catch: The penalty drops by half if Jurich is not the athletic director.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/10/05/university-louisville-bobby-petrino-buyout-tom-jurich-football-cardinals/708580001/

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: December 03, 2017, 08:42:10 AM »
there are middle aged multi millionaires lining up from Mobile to Murfreesboro to play that buyout

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1132 on: December 03, 2017, 08:51:25 AM »
I like Clay's insights here, but I think Schiano to KSU was a stretch. JC was just haslams puppet on that one.

Interesting to hear of the Peyton Manning theory on franchise ownership as well.

FTR, I am not a fan of Clay but he does bring good hot takes on the UT dumpster fire.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: December 03, 2017, 10:09:58 AM »
As much as i hate to admit it, Fulmer will probably actually land a good hire.  Now that Currie is gone, he will go after candidates "too dirty" for ole clean as a moneys ass Currie.  Plus he can sell them on the idea that the crap show was JC, not UT nation.

If this is true, UT fans can start rolling out the red carpet for Briles.

Offline big orange

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: December 03, 2017, 10:17:48 AM »
Manning's image was tarnished quite a bit in the last 10 days. He had to call other Vol players to inform them about (and sell them on) the potential Schiano hire. Speculation is that he is aligning himself with the also tarnished Haslams in order to get into NFL franchise ownership down the road.

Many were hoping that the golden boy would be the one to lead us out of the wilderness.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: December 03, 2017, 10:24:30 AM »
It goes on for at least 12 minutes? Yeah DEFINITELY not watching that

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: December 03, 2017, 12:55:16 PM »
I like Clay's insights here, but I think Schiano to KSU was a stretch. JC was just haslams puppet on that one.

Interesting to hear of the Peyton Manning theory on franchise ownership as well.

FTR, I am not a fan of Clay but he does bring good hot takes on the UT dumpster fire.

0% chance Currie was going to hire Schiano at K-State or at least had it preplanned. Schiano had just been DC for 1 year at OSU and was out of coaching for 3 years before that

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: December 03, 2017, 01:43:43 PM »
I was hoping somebody would listen....

It WAS really entertaining.  I too am not the world's biggest Clay Travis fan, but I do tend to believe his side of this story.....which is that this is all just one big revolt against the Hasslem family and their stooge John Currie. 

I actually admire the UT fans for doing that.  I wish that it didn't have to have involve the Penn State stuff, but oh well.

One of the reasons I didn't listen is that he's lied/been wrong about some of this Tennessee stuff more than once, he has no credibility. He's just a fan that has some donors as sources. There is no way possible he could tie Schiano and K-State with any certainty, he's guessing. It never got close to that point here, if it did the Capital-Journal would have uncovered something about him when their open records request was honored.

He's a loudmouth, dipshit, liar and I'd love to tell him so but he'd get hard from the attention.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1138 on: December 03, 2017, 01:44:56 PM »
LOL. That would be interesting.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: December 03, 2017, 01:46:45 PM »

Is he banking on hiring a hearing impaired illiterate? Their ceiling is Lane, they will be hiring either Tee Martin or one of the coaches I have on my K-State list in one of the Sean threads.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Whisker Biscuit

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: December 04, 2017, 02:34:56 PM »
Does this count as a sliverbacking?
https://twitter.com/AustinStanley81/status/937324235902603264

This makes me happy.  I'm happy that it happened but even more happy that people found out about it and it's now "public" knowledge.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: December 04, 2017, 02:58:45 PM »
So bill forced currie out at kstate and then ultimately got him fired from the next gig?  That is just poetry.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline gowildcatwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: December 04, 2017, 04:34:46 PM »
What booster let Currie take his plane all over?

Moreover, per sources, UT has initiated the process to dispatch Currie with cause on the heels of insubordination claims. Among the most egregious of the claims, per multiple sources including some in the legal community and on the Tennessee campus, when urged to return home last week as the search dissolved into a national punchline, Currie instead opted to utilize the private aircraft of a Kansas State booster to continue trying to find Butch Jones’ replacement.

“That’s why no one knew where he was after he left (being turned down by N.C. State head coach Dave Doeren,” a source explained.

http://gridironnow.com/phil-fulmer-continuing-interview-candidates-volunteers-opening/

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: December 04, 2017, 04:42:51 PM »
Austin Stanley is a Vols lackey. Of course sources are telling him this. Fulmer and the university want to save face and blame it all on others. I’m sure some people talked to Bill. I’m also sure Fulmer actively prevented any coaches from going to UT

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #1146 on: December 04, 2017, 04:48:26 PM »
LOL. What in the world? Ain't no KSU booster sharing his plane with JC.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: December 04, 2017, 04:53:33 PM »

Moreover, per sources, UT has initiated the process to dispatch Currie with cause on the heels of insubordination claims. Among the most egregious of the claims, per multiple sources including some in the legal community and on the Tennessee campus, when urged to return home last week as the search dissolved into a national punchline, Currie instead opted to utilize the private aircraft of a Kansas State booster to continue trying to find Butch Jones’ replacement.

“That’s why no one knew where he was after he left (being turned down by N.C. State head coach Dave Doeren,” a source explained.

http://gridironnow.com/phil-fulmer-continuing-interview-candidates-volunteers-opening/
Anyone else have big issues with this from a purely K-State perspective?
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: December 04, 2017, 05:28:09 PM »

Why is that an issue for K-State?   Likely the boosters who are tired of the annual vigil on the decision.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: December 04, 2017, 05:35:46 PM »

Why is that an issue for K-State?   Likely the boosters who are tired of the annual vigil on the decision.
Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about it.  The situation doesn't feel "right" to me.  Like we shouldn't have well placed members of our community messing around in the internal workings of another AD, especially something like a coaching search where things can get nasty (ie Tennessee's crap show). 
Also I'm not sure what you mean by the annual vigil on the decision.  Not trying to be snarky, mind is not working right now with a headache.