Author Topic: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?  (Read 162232 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Can Vol fans get a wiki on why Currie is a horrible hire at Tennessee?
« Reply #1350 on: April 02, 2018, 08:57:27 AM »
The most alarming thing about reading these emails/texts is discovering just how incredibly delusional their fans are. Their massively inflated sense of self-worth is truly a sight to behold. It may very well be worse than Nebraska's. Here's an email to Reid Sigmon (Currie's right hand man at UT, and also a guy who worked in the athletic department at K-State for a number of years). They redacted the guy's name and email address for some reason, no idea why -- but this email is just crammed full of doozies. You could start a Gems of This Guy's Email Thread. The subject line of the email is dumpster fire.

Mr. Sigmon,

I am probably not what you would consider a major contributor to the school. However, for several years I've purchased season tickets (you can look me up - I believe my customer number is [REDACTED]. My wife and I had a daughter two years ago and it became too difficult to attend games and the amount we were donating to the school, while probably not significant in the grand scheme of things on your end, was very significant to our budget, so we decided not to renew our tickets for the 2017 season.

I live in [REDACTED], and even though I didn't go to UT, people who know me describe me as the biggest UT fan they know. I bleed orange and white. My wife and I have very serious negotiations about what color we dress my daughter in on Saturdays in the fall (my wife is an AL fan).

I have been closely following the search for a new coach and I have to say I have never been so disappointed. I don't think Mr. Currie could do a worse job if he was actively trying to sabotage our football program. The term dumpster fire has been used many times in the last few days to describe the handling of the situation and now I have adopted that term as I discuss the situation with others. The fact that Mr. Currie took a trip to the Bahamas in the midst of this situations makes my orange and white blood boil.

I am writing to ask that the university dismiss Mike Currie and appoint either Philip Fulmer or David Blackburn as AD.

I also hope that the University rescind the offer to NC State's Doeren so that new leadership can take over the search.

I understand UT hasn't even reached out to Mr. Gruden about coaching for us. Please at least have the conversation.

If that doesn't work out, please stop pursuing 2nd and 3rd tier candidates.

I hope that the university will seriously consider hiring Les Miles. I understand that this may help LSU because it will reduce the buyout they are currently paying as a part of his contract. My advice would be that we get over that as quickly as possible.

I also hope that the university will pursue Tee Martin as offensive coordinator under the assumption that he could take over as HC if things don't work out with Les.

I can't believe I am saying this but I would rather see Lane Kiffen as our Head Coach rather than the
second and third tier candidates we are pursuing.

I always thought that as my daughter grows up and becomes old enough to attend games I would renew my season tickets (except this time I would purchase 3 instead of just 2). The thought of holding her tiny hand as we walk into Neyland Stadium that first time warms my heart. But with no end in sight for this disgrace I just don't see that happening. If we don't get our act together, I have decided to stop following Tennessee football because the disappointment just hurts too much.

This is painful to watch. I am asking that you do whatever you can to encourage the dismissal of Mr. Currie so that we can restore pride to our football program. You know more than most that a strong football program generates funds to help all student athletes, not just those participating in football. This is why these decisions are so important.

Sincerely,
[REDACTED]
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 02, 2018, 08:59:23 AM »
v disappointed he didn't add a 'praying for you' at the end

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 02, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »
Subject: FIRE JOHN CURRIE

Get in touch with a real coach and stop the madness. Gruden or Les Miles

That's all his email said.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 02, 2018, 09:04:54 AM »
This is what John Currie is bringing to be the face of UT football. I have lived and died Tennessee since I listened to George Mooney when we beat No. 1 LSU in 1959. I have 2 degrees from UT (74 & 77). I have always been proud to be a Tennessee Vol. Even in our worst years, including yesterday's epic loss to Vanderbilt, I have never been ashamed of University until now. It breaks my heart to say it but the leadership of our University is abysmal. How can we make an enabler of child sex abuse the head of our once storied program. Our football program was on life support yesterday, John Currie just pulled the plug today. John Currie will be deservedly remembered as the Dr. Kevorkian of UT Football.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 02, 2018, 09:19:43 AM »
v disappointed he didn't add a 'praying for you' at the end

Would've been too perfect. Oh I forgot to mention, a lot of these texts/emails also end with "Make UT Great Again!"

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 02, 2018, 10:49:28 AM »
Mike Currie  :lol:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 02, 2018, 02:12:10 PM »
Dlew, when you're busy bleeding orange/white, and tearing up at the thought of walking your daughter by her little hand into Neyland Stadium one day, you don't have time to remember such pithy things as the first name of a guy you’re writing hate mail about.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 05:57:51 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 02, 2018, 03:59:34 PM »
The most alarming thing about reading these emails/texts is discovering just how incredibly delusional their fans are. Their massively inflated sense of self-worth is truly a sight to behold. It may very well be worse than Nebraska's. Here's an email to Reid Sigmon (Currie's right hand man at UT, and also a guy who worked in the athletic department at K-State for a number of years). They redacted the guy's name and email address for some reason, no idea why -- but this email is just crammed full of doozies. You could start a Gems of This Guy's Email Thread. The subject line of the email is dumpster fire.

Mr. Sigmon,

I am probably not what you would consider a major contributor to the school. However, for several years I've purchased season tickets (you can look me up - I believe my customer number is [REDACTED]. My wife and I had a daughter two years ago and it became too difficult to attend games and the amount we were donating to the school, while probably not significant in the grand scheme of things on your end, was very significant to our budget, so we decided not to renew our tickets for the 2017 season.

I live in [REDACTED], and even though I didn't go to UT, people who know me describe me as the biggest UT fan they know. I bleed orange and white. My wife and I have very serious negotiations about what color we dress my daughter in on Saturdays in the fall (my wife is an AL fan).

I have been closely following the search for a new coach and I have to say I have never been so disappointed. I don't think Mr. Currie could do a worse job if he was actively trying to sabotage our football program. The term dumpster fire has been used many times in the last few days to describe the handling of the situation and now I have adopted that term as I discuss the situation with others. The fact that Mr. Currie took a trip to the Bahamas in the midst of this situations makes my orange and white blood boil.

I am writing to ask that the university dismiss Mike Currie and appoint either Philip Fulmer or David Blackburn as AD.

I also hope that the University rescind the offer to NC State's Doeren so that new leadership can take over the search.

I understand UT hasn't even reached out to Mr. Gruden about coaching for us. Please at least have the conversation.

I hope that the university will seriously consider hiring Les Miles. I understand that this may help LSU because it will reduce the buyout they are currently paying as a part of his contract. My advice would be that we get over that as quickly as possible.

I also hope that the university will pursue Tee Martin as offensive coordinator under the assumption that he could take over as HC if things don't work out with Les.

I can't believe I am saying this but I would rather see Lane Kiffen as our Head Coach rather than the

I always thought that as my daughter grows up and becomes old enough to attend games I would renew my season tickets (except this time I would purchase 3 instead of just 2). The thought of holding her tiny hand as we walk into Neyland Stadium that first time warms my heart. But with no end in sight for this disgrace I just don't see that happening. If we don't get our act together, I have decided to stop following Tennessee football because the disappointment just hurts too much.

This is painful to watch. I am asking that you do whatever you can to encourage the dismissal of Mr. Currie so that we can restore pride to our football program. You know more than most that a strong football program generates funds to help all student athletes, not just those participating in football. This is why these decisions are so important.

Sincerely,
[REDACTED]

See, what's funny to me is this guy more than likely believed A. his two season tickets mattered in a 100K person stadium and B. thought this email would somehow sway the future of UT football and the university as a whole.

And what is even more entertaining is I bet you his wife (the Alabama fan) probably never went to AL just like he never went to UT.

Lastly, can you consider purchasing season tickets as a donation? Is that tax deductible? If so then I really need to hop on the season ticket bandwagon just for tax purposes.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 02, 2018, 04:11:20 PM »
I've written similarly futile (though cathartic) letters in the past. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: April 02, 2018, 04:13:17 PM »
Season tickets themselves aren’t tax deductible but the required donation (which for KSU is about twice as much) is. At least was in 2017. I know it was a point of contention with the new tax bill but am not sure how that worked out.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 02, 2018, 07:44:22 PM »
I saw Mike Currie and had to think to myself if that was his name or not
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 03, 2018, 08:37:06 AM »

Mr. Sigmon,

Sincerely,
[REDACTED]

See, what's funny to me is this guy more than likely believed A. his two season tickets mattered in a 100K person stadium and B. thought this email would somehow sway the future of UT football and the university as a whole.

And what is even more entertaining is I bet you his wife (the Alabama fan) probably never went to AL just like he never went to UT.

Lastly, can you consider purchasing season tickets as a donation? Is that tax deductible? If so then I really need to hop on the season ticket bandwagon just for tax purposes.

You can't argue with the result, though.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 03, 2018, 12:43:33 PM »

One time in my Canadian friend's younger years, he wrote an angry letter to the Manhattan Chipotle telling them they weren't filling their burritos big enough. :facepalm:

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 03, 2018, 03:10:44 PM »
He should have just made a video where Phil Fulmer shoots John Currie Old Yeller style.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 03, 2018, 04:37:04 PM »

One time in my Canadian friend's younger years, he wrote an angry letter to the Manhattan Chipotle telling them they weren't filling their burritos big enough. :facepalm:
That's a worthwhile cause.  Not gE'ing.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: April 03, 2018, 10:17:06 PM »

That's a worthwhile cause.  Not gE'ing.

Why not just ask them to put more in the burrito?  I've never had a problem getting them to put more in when I ask nicely.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 03, 2018, 10:20:36 PM »
That’s now. This was Chipotle in its infancy, at least in Manhattan. Times were very different back then, my friend.

Offline Justwin

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 03, 2018, 10:25:37 PM »
That’s now. This was Chipotle in its infancy, at least in Manhattan. Times were very different back then, my friend.

Chipotle brought free burrito samples to my place of residence when they first opened when I was an undergrad at K-State.  Times were not different then, my friend.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 03, 2018, 10:32:13 PM »
i bet our guy kat kid never understuffed ‘reets when he was a part of the ‘potle empire

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline highway61

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 03, 2018, 11:01:12 PM »
Since most people are no longer oscar haters does that mean we no longer believe Currie destroyed the basketball program? Seems like you can't have it both ways.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 03, 2018, 11:26:33 PM »
I very much think Currie still destroyed the basketball program. He ran off the winningest coach in my lifetime and placed us in basketball purgatory for six years (maybe more). And even if you don’t think he destroyed it, I think 95% of people would agree that Currie made our basketball program significantly less fun. eff Currie. I enjoyed every second of schaudenfreude I got from watching him crash and burn for bungling the UT hire.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 11:33:56 PM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 04, 2018, 12:14:41 AM »
oscar has won more games at k state during your lifetime than frank did

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 04, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »
oscar has won more games at k state during your lifetime than frank did

Lol @ 6 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 04, 2018, 09:26:43 AM »

Every person has a right to complain about perceived injustices, but if a Chipotle burrito does not fill you up sans extra toppings you may to see a specialist. Because that's a pretty serious burrito.

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 04, 2018, 11:54:36 AM »
Season tickets themselves aren’t tax deductible but the required donation (which for KSU is about twice as much) is. At least was in 2017. I know it was a point of contention with the new tax bill but am not sure how that worked out.

There was a small blurb on my 2017 KSU contribution summary thing they send out for tax purposes that said no more deductions for contributions that go towards athletics rewards in 2018. Which really sucks because I don't care about the points or whatever you accumulate for the Ahearn Fund donations since I live out of state and don't go to games anyway.