Author Topic: new AD Hire (next door neighbor dad looking guy from iowa)  (Read 115891 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New AD List
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2017, 12:39:26 PM »
promoting from within means you are a huge loser organization

That's just stupid.  We rough ridin' promoted Frank from within. 

By never looking within you're admitting you have nothing but incapable idiots on your staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's much better to take someone so you can then downsize that loser organization by being more desirable

The thing is, friend.   The one internal guy who is a legit candidate, is, well, a legit candidate.   My Triple AAA Triple + sources say our interim AD was the guy with the contacts who sold the vision.    As has been stated, his issue may be totality of picture, but a good second in command and good leadership from our Pres, BOD's and major donors can help with that straight out.   After him, no other internal candidate should be considered. 

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2017, 12:48:17 PM »
if you bring back weiberg and put him in charge you have #2, #3 and #4 that were there the majority of the time that all this money was being raised and were doing a vast majority of the work to raise it. if we liked that aspect of things then offer weiberg today. it's not like laird is leaving so you'd keep laird and get weiberg. chad and his family loved manhattan and his wife is from kansas. combine that with the fact that weiberg is as hard working as anyone, has contacts, has worked at 3 big 12 schools and is universally liked by everyone and I'd offer him today. I'd be fine with hocutt as well.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2017, 12:55:44 PM »
Has Missouri hired an AD?

Stiff competition...
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2017, 12:55:45 PM »
Sounds like people here like a few strong, in the family candidates.....so who will we eff up and hire?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2017, 01:03:45 PM »
if you bring back weiberg and put him in charge you have #2, #3 and #4 that were there the majority of the time that all this money was being raised and were doing a vast majority of the work to raise it. if we liked that aspect of things then offer weiberg today. it's not like laird is leaving so you'd keep laird and get weiberg. chad and his family loved manhattan and his wife is from kansas. combine that with the fact that weiberg is as hard working as anyone, has contacts, has worked at 3 big 12 schools and is universally liked by everyone and I'd offer him today. I'd be fine with hocutt as well.

Good points there. I like the idea of hiring Weiberg at 500-600K per year and saving the money we'd have to pay Hocutt for other stuff (like a new basketball coach), especially if we keep Veatch in that deal.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2017, 01:06:33 PM »
how about a triple boner combo PAK?  hocutt, weiberg, and veatch, make them co-ADs

let's bring our boys home, boys

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2017, 01:07:13 PM »
how about a triple boner combo PAK?  hocutt, weiberg, and veatch, make them co-ADs

let's bring our boys home, boys

BOING!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2017, 01:22:23 PM »
I'm completely down with Weiberg, I think he would be an excellent choice and it's doubtful (unless there's something I don't know) that Veatch would have a problem with it. 

So can our premium content guys (that I and others pay high dollar for) get on the case of this reported "bad blood" that caused Weiberg to jettison for TT???   :impatient:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2017, 01:24:08 PM »
Would Weiberg share intimate details of the AD goings on with DR Rick Daris? If so I'm on board that train.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
New AD List
« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2017, 01:25:49 PM »
Is it asinine to believe a reinvigorated basketball program would more than pay for Weber's buyout and any salary difference for the new staff (both bball and AD), through increased ticket revenues?

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2017, 01:28:11 PM »
Is it asinine to believe a reinvigorated basketball program would more than pay for Weber's buyout and any salary difference for the new staff (both bball and AD), through increased ticket revenues?

Also football would be an even bigger money maker with Venzy.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2017, 01:30:19 PM »
I'm completely down with Weiberg, I think he would be an excellent choice and it's doubtful (unless there's something I don't know) that Veatch would have a problem with it. 

So can our premium content guys (that I and others pay high dollar for) get on the case of this reported "bad blood" that caused Weiberg to jettison for TT???   :impatient:

very overworked and underpaid would probably be a pretty good guess. same reason most people leave jobs.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2017, 01:46:56 PM »
FY 2016 Revenue for Basketball was $12.3 million

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »

Not asinine at all

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2017, 02:30:27 PM »

Not asinine at all

I agree

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2017, 02:57:53 PM »

Not asinine at all

through increased ticket revenues?
increasing ticket revenues can be accomplished by selling more tickets or raising ticket prices (which would result in selling less tickets).  i thought we already were selling a lot of tickets1

what does oscar's buy out + new staff salary delta total up to?  i'm not sure i'm buying what you're laying down

1 captain crap posts + ad's released ticket sales numbers

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2017, 06:19:47 PM »
hocutt

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »
Hocutt or bust.  If nothing else to mush Dennis dodd.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2017, 08:18:23 PM »
Hocutt or bust.  If nothing else to mush Dennis dodd.

i think you might have meant denise dodd :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2017, 09:05:43 PM »

Not asinine at all

increasing ticket revenues can be accomplished by selling more tickets or raising ticket prices (which would result in selling less tickets).  i thought we already were selling a lot of tickets1

what does oscar's buy out + new staff salary delta total up to?  i'm not sure i'm buying what you're laying down

1. We are selling a good amount of tickets, we can absolutely sell more, a lot more
2. We sell a lot of tickets at reduced prices
3. When we sell tickets but people don't show up we are missing out on revenue from parking and concessions.
4. This info is hard to find but I'm guessing were selling less apparel when people have given up on the program.
5. Decreased direct donations and we can't raise Ahearn Fund seat fees if people aren't buying the tickets. I know for a fact that you can buy individual tickets to games in seats we should be getting donations from.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2017, 09:31:53 PM »
hocutt

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2017, 10:00:23 PM »
yeah 3-5 aren't ticket revenues
1-2 don't equal $2m
i was 100% right so i assume you were agreeing w me in your post even though it didn't seem like it. if not we can pretend you were

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2017, 10:19:55 PM »
1-2 don't equal $2m
i was 100% right so i assume you were agreeing w me in your post even though it didn't seem like it. if not we can pretend you were

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I didn't take emo literally when he said "ticket revenue," I assumed he meant revenue. If you're going to take him literally I'm assuming you have the numbers to back up your assertion that we can't make an additional $2 million in ticket revenue. I'm also assuming you know what the university considers ticket revenue, I don't see it on the equity in athletics report. I look forward to being taken to school on K-State Athletics ticket revenue.

Offline Harry Dunne

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2017, 06:24:40 AM »

Not asinine at all

1. We are selling a good amount of tickets, we can absolutely sell more, a lot more
2. We sell a lot of tickets at reduced prices
3. When we sell tickets but people don't show up we are missing out on revenue from parking and concessions.
4. This info is hard to find but I'm guessing were selling less apparel when people have given up on the program.
5. Decreased direct donations and we can't raise Ahearn Fund seat fees if people aren't buying the tickets. I know for a fact that you can buy individual tickets to games in seats we should be getting donations from.
Can confirm #4

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2017, 08:11:26 AM »
1-2 don't equal $2m

I wasn't disagreeing with you. I didn't take emo literally when he said "ticket revenue," I assumed he meant revenue. If you're going to take him literally I'm assuming you have the numbers to back up your assertion that we can't make an additional $2 million in ticket revenue. I'm also assuming you know what the university considers ticket revenue, I don't see it on the equity in athletics report. I look forward to being taken to school on K-State Athletics ticket revenue.

my god :lol: