Author Topic: new AD Hire (next door neighbor dad looking guy from iowa)  (Read 115842 times)

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New AD List (acceptable- weiberg, hocutt. not acceptable-veatch)
« Reply #375 on: April 03, 2017, 10:06:41 AM »
They haven't started interviews yet. Let's calm down. Surely they are conducting a nationwide search for highly qualified candidates that can move our Athletic Department forward at this critical juncture and understand the importance of making a hire that is prepared to make decisions that will chart a successful course for our revenue sports for the next 10 years.

Come on guys!
it isn't like we just hire internal candidates with no other previous experience in important administrative roles at Kansas State.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 03, 2017, 10:28:06 AM »
:lol: You guys sure do ask a lot from a fill in AD not firing a coach that just got them to the tournament. Good grief.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 03, 2017, 10:38:57 AM »
I know, it's embarrassing.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 03, 2017, 10:40:54 AM »
wacky are you a mormon? soaking seems to be right in your wheelhouse
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 11:04:28 AM by kslim »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 03, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »
I have no idea what you just tried to type there, but i'm definitely not someone who just goes with the cool kids to be liked on this board. Having your own opinion is pretty great.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:49:05 AM by WackyCat08 »

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 03, 2017, 10:44:03 AM »
I don't have a problem with the experience. GA at Texas, Missouri, Iowa State, Learfield, and K-State. I like that there is some diversity of experience, but I also like that he was here during a major time or building up facilities.

I get that there is risk in his connection with Currie, but I'm going to assume that Veatch is his own person with his own ideas not only on fundraising and facilities, but also on relationships with coaches. If he does get the job, I don't think he's under qualified by any means.

As for the statement, I really don't care. Given oscar's situation if we were going to keep him the AD had to come out and say something. I was only surprised that it took Veatch/K-State so long to make as statement. Plenty of ADs have given a vote of confidence and made a move after that.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 03, 2017, 10:55:38 AM »
I've always viewed a vote of confidence from the AD as sort of a kiss of death. It seems like the coach is almost always fired shortly after.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 03, 2017, 11:03:44 AM »
I have no idea what you just tried to type there, but i'm definitely not someone who just goes with the cool kids to be liked on this board. Having your own opinion is pretty great.
and your opinion of oscar is? my point was soaking is what mormons do instead of sex, its like an over the pants hand job for non mormons. it might feel decent but its not the real thing

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 03, 2017, 11:11:14 AM »
and your opinion of oscar is? my point was soaking is what mormons do instead of sex, its like an over the pants hand job for non mormons. it might feel decent but its not the real thing
My opinion is that he shouldn't have been fired, unless we had a sure thing candidate worth a crap locked up. We didn't and he still made the tourney. Let him coach out his contract instead of paying a buyout and over paying for Brad Underwood.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 03, 2017, 11:12:35 AM »
I know Laird is the "acting AD" instead of just interim or whatever the hell they mean by that all, but why TF would he come out and say anything at all?

I'd be pissed if I'm the AD that's just been hired and I hear it's a PR nightmare to fire the basketball coach because he simply made the tourney and the interim AD just publicly backed him another year minimum.

Shut your ass Veatch and let the new AD make any public announcements when it's time. If you get hired, make your losery ass comments and keep him.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2017, 11:14:32 AM »
My opinion is that he shouldn't have been fired, unless we had a sure thing candidate worth a crap locked up. We didn't and he still made the tourney. Let him coach out his contract instead of paying a buyout and over paying for Brad Underwood.
was frank a sure thing candidate? is oscar a good or bad coach? do you not see in the grand scheme of things what is happening to this program?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2017, 11:18:19 AM »
was frank a sure thing candidate? is oscar a good or bad coach? do you not see in the grand scheme of things what is happening to this program?
I have no clue wtf you're trying to get at. My point was that a guy that is simply subbing in to make sure crap doesn't burn down, shouldn't be rough ridin' accountable for oscar rough ridin' Weber. Also, if I was said person, I would try not to be noticed at all until the next guy is hired. You know how you eff that up? Firing a guy that just made the tourney without having a credible candidate ready to fill in for him.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 03, 2017, 11:22:53 AM »
I have no clue wtf you're trying to get at. My point was that a guy that is simply subbing in to make sure crap doesn't burn down, shouldn't be rough ridin' accountable for oscar rough ridin' Weber. Also, if I was said person, I would try not to be noticed at all until the next guy is hired. You know how you eff that up? Firing a guy that just made the tourney without having a credible candidate ready to fill in for him.
then he shouldn't have backed him for the next year. hell cbb isn't even over yet

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 03, 2017, 11:24:24 AM »
The AD should always back the coach until the day he's fired.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 03, 2017, 11:25:36 AM »
People have been bitching for confirmation whether we were keeping him or not. You think he was blind to this? People wanted an answer and he gave one that ppl didn't like and now they're bitching about him saying anything. SMDH. Shoot me in the face this crap is so dumb.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 03, 2017, 11:26:47 AM »
The AD should always back the coach until the day he's fired.

Yup
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 03, 2017, 11:27:51 AM »
People have been bitching for confirmation whether we were keeping him or not. You think he was blind to this? People wanted an answer and he gave one that ppl didn't like and now they're bitching about him saying anything. SMDH. Shoot me in the face this crap is so dumb.
i want whatever gets oscar the eff out of mhk. i dont give a crap who the AD is

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 03, 2017, 11:28:27 AM »
Looks like you're in the wrong thread then.

Offline manpow5

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 03, 2017, 11:28:59 AM »
I think the fact that it has taken this long to start interviewing means the search committee is actually taking the time to find a good candidate and not just rushing through a few idiots and making the easy hire (Veatch). Also, the fact it took them so long to get behind Weber for a new year probably means Veatch looked through what was available and decided it was better to go one more year with Weber than take a sub-par candidate and continue the dunpster fire for even longer.

To EMAW or Not to EMAW

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 03, 2017, 11:31:24 AM »
I know most people don't put much stock in it, but a vote of confidence for a guy in oscar's situation makes some sense for recruiting since we are still trying to find a player. I'm sure when Veatch as acting AD met with oscar after the season this was talked about and Veatch gave him that. I have no problem with that.

If a new AD comes in with a plan for a new coach he can still do whatever he wants. If its not Veatch, he'll make his own decisions, but I'm sure he'll understand why it was done given the recruiting status.

I also don't think there are many ADs that would have fired oscar after this season at K-State.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 03, 2017, 11:32:25 AM »
I think the fact that it has taken this long to start interviewing means the search committee is actually taking the time to find a good candidate and not just rushing through a few idiots and making the easy hire (Veatch). Also, the fact it took them so long to get behind Weber for a new year probably means Veatch looked through what was available and decided it was better to go one more year with Weber than take a sub-par candidate and continue the dunpster fire for even longer.
:thumbs:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 03, 2017, 11:33:52 AM »
You know who never gets a vote of confidence? A coach who the AD isn't thinking about firing.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 03, 2017, 12:05:46 PM »
I know most people don't put much stock in it, but a vote of confidence for a guy in oscar's situation makes some sense for recruiting since we are still trying to find a player. I'm sure when Veatch as acting AD met with oscar after the season this was talked about and Veatch gave him that. I have no problem with that.

If a new AD comes in with a plan for a new coach he can still do whatever he wants. If its not Veatch, he'll make his own decisions, but I'm sure he'll understand why it was done given the recruiting status.

I also don't think there are many ADs that would have fired oscar after this season at K-State.

agree with all this. we apparently weren't firing Oscar so the only option is to publicly support him and make it easier for that dork to go out and attempt to recruit. you have to support your coaches as much as possible and not actively try to work against them while you are employing them.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 03, 2017, 01:10:01 PM »
This board is very moodswing'y.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 03, 2017, 01:12:38 PM »
Maybe people just have different opinions
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite