Author Topic: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not  (Read 135255 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not
« Reply #525 on: March 21, 2017, 03:51:22 PM »
$1.5 million buyout for someone like John Currie seems extremely excessive. When I mean someone like John Currie I mean someone still young and at a school like K-State. I would think that would have greatly limited his options and his agent would be more shrewd than that.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 21, 2017, 04:57:29 PM »
1.5m is what we had to pay to fire him.  $175K is what he had to pay to go elsewhere.  It's Section 14 of the original agreement and never got amended.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=38998.0

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 21, 2017, 04:57:33 PM »
Maybe Bill is paying it

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 21, 2017, 05:23:11 PM »
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/03/21/tom-crean-indiana-hoosiers-fired
Read.  We need a draft Tom movement like we did for brad.  With Currie gone, they might listen.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 21, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »
http://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/03/21/tom-crean-indiana-hoosiers-fired
Read.  We need a draft Tom movement like we did for brad.  With Currie gone, they might listen.
He also mentioned that Northwestern coach Chris Collins sent Riley a powerful text about his dad, former NBA coach Doug Collins, getting fired by the Bulls in 1989 while Chris Collins was in high school. “Going through that helped prepare him and make him the man he is now and the position that he is in now,” Crean said the text read. “That. Is. Strong.”

Oh, the plight of teenage sons of fired millionaires.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 21, 2017, 05:54:07 PM »
Oh, the plight of teenage sons of fired millionaires.

The most emotion showed may have come from a hug from his cleaning lady.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 21, 2017, 06:06:18 PM »
Affluenza is a real disease guys. :frown:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 21, 2017, 07:42:12 PM »
So, are you all saying keep Oscar because Crean's kid cried?  We are all crying over the possibility of more years of mediOscarity.   The SI article says crean wants to go to a place with good facilities, good fans, a town he can get involved in, and no ahole administrator.  He wants to coach next year, probably power 5 school.  Only such school open Okiestate that seems to want Gottlips.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 21, 2017, 07:48:37 PM »
I don't want Crean because he sucks but his story about his son was a very funny egomaniac coach story.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 21, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »
I don't want Crean because he sucks but his story about his son was a very funny egomaniac coach story.

Crean is a piece of crap.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Daily Update On If oscar Weber Is Fired Yet And, If Not, Why Not
« Reply #536 on: March 21, 2017, 08:15:25 PM »
Tho, I shouldn't worry about Crean, because he has way too big of an ego to be in little old Manhattan under the shadow of Bill Self.  Now way he takes the KSU job even if it was offered.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 21, 2017, 09:06:06 PM »
Crean is just BWv2
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 21, 2017, 09:14:41 PM »
I don't get what happened at Indiana.   He rebuilt the thing from a really low point and had it rolling and then just tanked. i don't think it's similar to oscar at all.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 21, 2017, 09:17:26 PM »
i wouldn't want crean long term but if you gave me the option of oscar year 6 or 1 year of crean, i'd take crean. he's a psycho and highly gif'able so at least we'd be entertained

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 21, 2017, 09:46:24 PM »
Crean is solid i think
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 21, 2017, 09:50:30 PM »
Crean does not pass the eye test

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 21, 2017, 09:51:17 PM »
Don't insult Tom Crean by comparing him to Frank Martin who is doing a terrific job this year. You know, I went back and rewatched that Butler game here recently. Denis Clemente and others played like they were half dead in that game while Rodney McGruder hardly saw the light of day in that game. Denis clanked key FT after key FT because of, Frank-ly, being tired. Why was he tired? Oh, because they played a double OT game against a bunch of studs from Xavier. That couldn't be helped...or could it. Hey, I have an idea, DON'T PLAY CHRIS MERIWEATHER and have him foul a guy at the 3 pt line at the buzzer! Granted, I digress, but please....Tom Crean has been there done that when it comes to Final Fours.

man is it fun not to be banned by gpc anymore. missed that place.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 21, 2017, 10:39:33 PM »
i wouldn't want crean long term but if you gave me the option of oscar year 6 or 1 year of crean, i'd take crean. he's a psycho and highly gif'able so at least we'd be entertained

Year 6 is gonna be the most entertaining yet.  With almost everyone on board as early as the first lol open gym, kstatembb 17-18 has the opportunity to be the most hated team in the history of the world, and it's not one to be taken lightly.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 21, 2017, 11:10:47 PM »
eff this is gonna be a long wait :frown:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 21, 2017, 11:14:09 PM »
Don't insult Tom Crean by comparing him to Frank Martin who is doing a terrific job this year. You know, I went back and rewatched that Butler game here recently. Denis Clemente and others played like they were half dead in that game while Rodney McGruder hardly saw the light of day in that game. Denis clanked key FT after key FT because of, Frank-ly, being tired. Why was he tired? Oh, because they played a double OT game against a bunch of studs from Xavier. That couldn't be helped...or could it. Hey, I have an idea, DON'T PLAY CHRIS MERIWEATHER and have him foul a guy at the 3 pt line at the buzzer! Granted, I digress, but please....Tom Crean has been there done that when it comes to Final Fours.

I like Frank, I don't share the sycophantic love of Frank that so many on here have.   So I'll say that it's absolutely true that Frank buried extremely capable and much-needed depth for extremely weird and maniacal reasons at times, and that point was proven with several players once he was gone.   FFS, guys who turned out to be good players for effing oscar Weber couldn't even fart and Frank yanked them from the game. 

Truth

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 21, 2017, 11:50:07 PM »

I like Frank, I don't share the sycophantic love of Frank that so many on here have.   So I'll say that it's absolutely true that Frank buried extremely capable and much-needed depth for extremely weird and maniacal reasons at times, and that point was proven with several players once he was gone.   FFS, guys who turned out to be good players for effing oscar Weber couldn't even fart and Frank yanked them from the game. 

Truth

Like who?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 22, 2017, 06:32:39 AM »
Frank has changed as a coach.  Not too long ago SC suspended him for a sideline tirade.  He has learned from this.  I am tired of the old girlfriend syndrome many still have for Frank.  For KState he is in our history; this chicken is dead, stewed, eaten, and sent to the sewage plant.  So do we hold a new coach to a Martin standard or a Oscar standard.  Not to a personality standard for either, but results standard yes.  IU redassfans wanted Crean to be Knight.  Dumb bastards lost a good coach.  Crean would be a hell of a lot better than Weber.

I think as a previous post stated - something is afoot.  Can anyone find anything recently saying the ADministration has praised Weber. 

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 22, 2017, 07:15:11 AM »

Truth

i was more like making fun of hating on our best postseason run in 30 years for ending in a loss to the future coach of the celtics and a first round nba'er. but whatever dude.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 22, 2017, 10:38:29 AM »
The women are done playing.  oscar is still our coach. 

Dark times friends, dark times.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.