Author Topic: Better Leyton than never; OSU ADV  (Read 3833 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Better Leyton than never; OSU ADV
« on: February 23, 2017, 06:37:22 AM »

It becomes harder to do these after terrible basketball.

Notice we now have a 6th half of basketball of absolutely getting destroyed in our last 9 games. Brutal.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
Re: Better Leyton than never; OSU ADV
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:26:33 AM »
We are setting some Asbury records this season.   :frown:

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:31:02 AM »
Starting guards 5-19 FG with 8 TOs.
Starting Center scores 5 quick pts, then goes invisible

We hold their starting guards to 4-18 FG and Carroll just 4-9, but still allow 1.18 PPP

Allow 14-0 run when you have the game going just like you want it. And to go from up 14 to down 11 in 20 minutes of play.

#Pathetic

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:48:12 AM »
it seemed like everything osu threw up, went in the basket

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 07:57:27 AM »

Evans just destroyed us. He made us look silly.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 08:15:06 AM »

he did and i expected that. he's a great player who has done that to a lot of teams.  the rest of osu shouldn't have taken the game from us though and they did.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 09:02:15 AM »

He gave us fits and shot 12 FTs, but he was only 4-16 FG.  The OSU bench went 12-14. Then Hammond just thoroughly outplayed our bigs in the 2nd half.  His 18&10 are basically the same as what DJamer/Dean combined for

OSU is improved on D, but 9-28 FG with 11 TOs the final 41-42 Poss is just another illustration of bad guard play and our bigs not getting shots.

Offline emaw24

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 09:04:49 AM »
More importantly did we win the play hard chart last night?

Offline emaw24

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 09:08:14 AM »

He gave us fits and shot 12 FTs, but he was only 4-16 FG.  The OSU bench went 12-14. Then Hammond just thoroughly outplayed our bigs in the 2nd half.  His 18&10 are basically the same as what DJamer/Dean combined for

OSU is improved on D, but 9-28 FG with 11 TOs the final 41-42 Poss is just another illustration of bad guard play and our bigs not getting shots.

Bigs not getting shots? Exactly what shots do you want DJamer taking? He has no back to the basket game. What offense do we run that gets bigs touches and scores? oscar should be purely fired on that piss poor excuse for motion offense.

Offline emaw24

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 09:11:41 AM »

he did and i expected that. he's a great player who has done that to a lot of teams.  the rest of osu shouldn't have taken the game from us though and they did.

What about Averette? Pretty sure he is going to abuse us for 3 more years.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 09:27:12 AM »
Averette had all of 41 pts in 14 prior B12 games.

DJamer took 5 shots. He has shown the ability to score in the paint all year. He wasn't demanding the ball enough and our guards were doing poor job of looking for him. He missed 3 easy shots, but still 5 FGA is not enough

Dean took 6 shots and scored 10 pts on them. Brown and Stokes took 19 shots and scored 12 pts on them. Bigs not getting enough shots.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 10:19:05 AM »
44 total minutes for DJamer and X seems criminal.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 10:20:40 AM »
oscar's continued refusal to take chances with his players when they get into foul trouble is confounding, maybe he has quit on the season too.

Offline emaw24

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 10:26:17 AM »

DJamer took 5 shots. He has shown the ability to score in the paint all year. He wasn't demanding the ball enough and our guards were doing poor job of looking for him. He missed 3 easy shots, but still 5 FGA is not enough

Dean took 6 shots and scored 10 pts on them. Brown and Stokes took 19 shots and scored 12 pts on them. Bigs not getting enough shots.

Score what in the paint? A layup/dunk? I agree with that assessment, but if he can't seal a guy up the lane or get a dump off at the rim he is pretty much a stiff on offense. Dude has no game. I'm sure if he demands the ball more he will get more touches, our guards know he can't score anything but a 2 foot shot. They aren't dumb either.

Is Claws considered a big??? Plays on the perimeter 90% of game. Lack of forcing help and recovers as well as having an offense with no real purpose leads to standing and watching guys with no ability to create. I really enjoy watching contested shot after shot after shot. Some ugly basketball oscar's system produces.

Meanwhile, Averette already blossoming for Underwood. We have no one on our roster that can create as well as he can without a ball screen or a help and recover. Love that kids hesitation move!

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 10:44:13 AM »
44 total minutes for DJamer and X seems criminal.

Sneed has not played well for 6 games. He isn't giving us anything on Offense (3-17 3pt, 4-12 2pt). His overall Rebounding hasn't been good (10 Reb in 110 min) but his DR numbers are terrible. 

I'd rather see him at the 4 than Mo or Budke, but unfortunately Sneed has been unproductive for these past 6 gms

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 10:56:12 AM »

Score what in the paint? A layup/dunk? I agree with that assessment, but if he can't seal a guy up the lane or get a dump off at the rim he is pretty much a stiff on offense. Dude has no game. I'm sure if he demands the ball more he will get more touches, our guards know he can't score anything but a 2 foot shot. They aren't dumb either.

Is Claws considered a big??? Plays on the perimeter 90% of game. Lack of forcing help and recovers as well as having an offense with no real purpose leads to standing and watching guys with no ability to create. I really enjoy watching contested shot after shot after shot. Some ugly basketball oscar's system produces.

Meanwhile, Averette already blossoming for Underwood. We have no one on our roster that can create as well as he can without a ball screen or a help and recover. Love that kids hesitation move!

The 7 B12 games prior to missing WV game with injury... DJamer was 40-62 on FGs, Ave 14.1pts. No matter what you think his skill set is, those numbers are pretty good.

Better than 2 guards jacking up 20+ shots hitting low 40s on eFG

Offline emaw24

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »

The 7 B12 games prior to missing WV game with injury... DJamer was 40-62 on FGs, Ave 14.1pts. No matter what you think his skill set is, those numbers are pretty good.

Better than 2 guards jacking up 20+ shots hitting low 40s on eFG

High IQ point of the day. The guys with best shooting % are your worst offensive players. Why??? Because they take only layups or dunks or putbacks on offensive boards.

Yes that is better then 2 gaurds jacking crap shots, but when you can't get your layup machine to get layups or putbacks and run no offense that shot clock thing forces those shots. Blame oscar's staff for the crap offense and 5 years of DJamer not developing any post game whatsoever.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 11:01:32 AM »

I don't completely agree with your assessment of DJamer's post game. He's not dominant, but he's become a pretty solid player in there and he can score with his back to the basket at times. I don't think its accurate at all to say he has "no game".

Offline emaw24

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 11:03:25 AM »

I don't completely agree with your assessment of DJamer's post game. He's not dominant, but he's become a pretty solid player in there and he can score with his back to the basket at times. I don't think its accurate at all to say he has "no game".

So why don't we iso him then if he has some game? OSU has no bigs would of been the perfect game for it...That's right unless he can get touches 2 feet from the basket he is ineffective and worthless on offense. He is a nice rebounder and screener for offense, but he is in there to defend, foul at the rim, and play hard.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 11:07:34 AM »
So why don't we iso him then if he has some game? OSU has no bigs would of been the perfect game for it...That's right unless he can get touches 2 feet from the basket he is ineffective and worthless on offense. He is a nice rebounder and screener for offense, but he is in there to defend, foul at the rim, and play hard.

a) I think we try, but we aren't very good at it.

b) A lot because he's a one sided player. Take away his right shoulder and he struggles.

c) He has come a long way since his first 2 years. He was ONLY a put back, lay-up, garbage guy then. He has developed as much as possible and his scoring numbers show this. You can't have no game and have a very good offensive rating over 110 and score 25 points per 100 possessions while shooting over 60%.

The list of problems on this team over and above DJamer's game is a long one. JMHO.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 11:09:03 AM »
_fan, can you tell me why Forte isn't killing ppl this year?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 11:11:41 AM »
_fan, can you tell me why Forte isn't killing ppl this year?

He still is, he just hasn't played well 2 of his last 3 games. He's still shooting 42% from 3 with a ridiculous offensive rating of 132.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 11:13:22 AM »
how awful is this team going to be next year without DJamer and Wes.. pretty bad right  :frown:

Offline emaw24

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 11:13:34 AM »

a) I think we try, but we aren't very good at it.

b) A lot because he's a one sided player. Take away his right shoulder and he struggles.

c) He has come a long way since his first 2 years. He was ONLY a put back, lay-up, garbage guy then. He has developed as much as possible and his scoring numbers show this. You can't have no game and have a very good offensive rating over 110 and score 25 points per 100 possessions while shooting over 60%.

The list of problems on this team over and above DJamer's game is a long one. JMHO.

Agreed, but stats don't tell the story. If you highlight reeled all of his scoring or shots it would comical. Don't defend him. He has had 5 years to develop his game, he is a D1 athlete at a P5 school its your job to get good at basketball and specifically what you need to do on the court.

Again he shoots over 60% because if he tried to create his own shots or score with post moves he would be a terrible shooter, pulled from the court for his shot selection and not play or get touches because guys know he would be a black hole. He takes only shots he knows he can score. Those are layups/dunks 90% of the time.

He has a very good 2-4 foot game. So does every other P5 big in america.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 11:38:43 AM »
Agreed, but stats don't tell the story. If you highlight reeled all of his scoring or shots it would comical. Don't defend him. He has had 5 years to develop his game, he is a D1 athlete at a P5 school its your job to get good at basketball and specifically what you need to do on the court.

Again he shoots over 60% because if he tried to create his own shots or score with post moves he would be a terrible shooter, pulled from the court for his shot selection and not play or get touches because guys know he would be a black hole. He takes only shots he knows he can score. Those are layups/dunks 90% of the time.

He has a very good 2-4 foot game. So does every other P5 big in america.

I get your points, but I will agree to disagree as well.

DJamer was a more of a football athlete that chose basketball when he came here. He fought through numerous injuries. He's become a very productive Big 12 player (probably HM all league), even if many of his points come off of effort plays and sure shots. He is a very good rebounder and pretty solid post defender. I don't think its accurate to say he hasn't worked to develop his game. There are other more naturally gifted guys on our roster I would go after for lack of development, starting with Wes and Dean.