Author Topic: Currie Needs To Go First  (Read 5720 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Currie Needs To Go First
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 01:12:56 PM »
Pretty much every ad gets a mulligan.

I think currie is smart enough to learn from his mistake.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 01:15:31 PM »
Mike Anderson wasn't a bad hire.  :dunno:

i thought you meant whoever is the ad now.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 01:19:42 PM »
Oh, no. Do they even have one yet?

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »
Have we discussed why we think KSU will hire a new AD that's better than Currie? Ok good.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2017, 04:59:38 PM »
how many AD's hire a P5 bball or fball coach, fire him and then get to hire another?

I'd imagine most do, why would you assume they wouldn't?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 05:17:11 PM »
Meant to say fire their own hire and hire someone new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 05:34:29 PM »

I know what you meant. Right off hand the two best athletic directors at the most pressure packed jobs in the conference, Deloss Dodds and Joe Castiglone both did it. Most university presidents, especially those out of the top 10 athletic programs in the country, aren't anywhere close to as reactionary as fans are. Making a coaching mistake is far from ideal but selecting a comer basketball coach is far from some sure thing. Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, and UCLA have all fired coaches somewhat recently. The bigger issue for an athletic director is if that coach as fired for sanctions.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 07:44:58 PM »

I know what you meant. Right off hand the two best athletic directors at the most pressure packed jobs in the conference, Deloss Dodds and Joe Castiglone both did it. Most university presidents, especially those out of the top 10 athletic programs in the country, aren't anywhere close to as reactionary as fans are. Making a coaching mistake is far from ideal but selecting a comer basketball coach is far from some sure thing. Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, and UCLA have all fired coaches somewhat recently. The bigger issue for an athletic director is if that coach as fired for sanctions.

We aren't talking a "Travis Ford didn't pan out" sort of coaching hire mistake.  We are talking about running off a pretty successful coach and replacing him with somebody that everybody could see was a horrible hire.

Coaching success can be tough to predict.  Weber's failure here was completely expected.  That is why Currie should be fired.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 07:55:55 PM »
You're forcing this one, Steffy.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Currie Needs To Go First
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 08:30:15 PM »
The bigger issue for an athletic director is if that coach as fired for sanctions.

But, why?  Why is that the case?

Because it doesn't seem that way at all when it comes to most of the most  programs.  For example, SEC football seems to not care about this at all.

For example, KU donors seemingly do not give a crap at all about sanctions in basketball, as long as they keep winning. 

Why is this a K-State thing to suck with "honor?"  These aren't laws we are talking about.  These are rules...rules that the rule makers don't follow. 

You know who follows these rules?  Dolts do.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2017, 08:31:45 PM »
Maybe our rough ridin' Army boss president will deploy a "all's fair in war" approach?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2017, 08:55:59 PM »
The bigger issue for an athletic director is if that coach as fired for sanctions.

Because it doesn't seem that way at all when it comes to most of the most  programs.  For example, SEC football seems to not care about this at all.

For example, KU donors seemingly do not give a crap at all about sanctions in basketball, as long as they keep winning. 

Why is this a K-State thing to suck with "honor?"  These aren't laws we are talking about.  These are rules...rules that the rule makers don't follow. 

our fanbase is filled with a bunch of far right wack jobs who want evolution banned from textbooks and pride themselves on pretending to be without sin

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2017, 08:58:51 PM »

You're confusing the fan base with the AD.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2017, 09:43:15 PM »
fire currie, hire the osu ad then he hires underwood.  one stone, two birds (& vengeance).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2017, 12:30:20 AM »

Because it doesn't seem that way at all when it comes to most of the most  programs.

You really don't know? Athletic directors don't have any control over made baskets or fumbles. There are multiple people in an athletic department in charge of oversight, if the NCAA stepped in multiple people missed something, people who have it in their job descriptions to discover and stop these things.

I don't understand your point about the SEC at all. I don't know of any SEC coach who was hired by an AD, sanctioned for cheating under that same AD and they both kept their jobs. Do you know of any? It seems to me that SEC athletic directors have a shelf life of about 26 minutes.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2017, 05:43:58 AM »

our fanbase is filled with a bunch of far right wack jobs who want evolution banned from textbooks and pride themselves on pretending to be without sin
Agreed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2017, 08:33:08 AM »
Maybe our rough ridin' Army boss president will deploy a "all's fair in war" approach?

I'm quite sure that our new president hates pencil-neck Currie.  Real man v. wus.  Same with Snyder v. Currie.