Author Topic: Canned Flynn. What's the big deal?  (Read 14192 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Canned Flynn. What's the big deal?
« Reply #75 on: May 07, 2020, 04:30:14 PM »
I've never known and still don't know who Flynn is.  Is this more about both sides being mad that the other was doing whatever they wanted in trying to win an election?

He pleaded guilty to a charge of lying to the FBI. DOJ now wants to drop that charge.

What I found indicates the lying was about Trump campaign/Russia stuff from the election.  :dunno:

Lol that lying to the FBI is a crime.  Unless you're the victim or innocent witness, you have to already be involved in some way to some dirt if you're being asked things by the FBI.

Yeah, but even beyond this political crap, the crime of lying is lol.

FBI: Did you commit this crime we're investigating?

Criminal: (thinking to self) eff

Criminal: (to FBI) Nope?

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2020, 04:32:32 PM »
I've never known and still don't know who Flynn is.  Is this more about both sides being mad that the other was doing whatever they wanted in trying to win an election?

He pleaded guilty to a charge of lying to the FBI. DOJ now wants to drop that charge.

What I found indicates the lying was about Trump campaign/Russia stuff from the election.  :dunno:

Lol that lying to the FBI is a crime.  Unless you're the victim or innocent witness, you have to already be involved in some way to some dirt if you're being asked things by the FBI.

There was a lot of Russia stuff. I think it would be a stretch to say this was about elections stuff.

Violation: 18 U.S.C. § 1001 (False Statements)

https://www.justice.gov/file/1015126/download

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2020, 04:35:51 PM »
chump1 is still on the case!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2020, 04:39:04 PM »

Lol corruption

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2020, 04:41:23 PM »

Lol corruption
lol a tremendous diversion of energy from anything that trump and co. have actually done

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2020, 04:43:19 PM »
it's all bullshit and you'd realize it if it wasn't pushed 24/7 in 2017 by the NYT, law profs, and some deep state idealists. you guys should be upset at them.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2020, 04:46:49 PM »

There was a lot of Russia stuff. I think it would be a stretch to say this was about elections stuff.

Got it.  In the context of this:

1. The defendant, MICHAEL T. FLYNN, who served as a surrogate and national
security advisor for the presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump ("Campaign"), as a senior
member of President-Elect Trump's Transition Team ("Presidential Transition Team"), and as
the National Security Advisor to President Trump, made materially false statements and
omissions during an interview with the Federal Bureau of Investigation ("FBI") on January 24,
2017, in Washington, D.C. At the time of the interview, the FBI had an open investigation into
the Government of Russia's ("Russia") efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election,
including the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Campaign and Russia,
and whether there was any coordination between the Campaign and Russia's efforts.

2. FL YNN's false statements and omissions impeded and otherwise had a material
impact on the FBI's ongoing investigation into the existence of any links or coordination
between individuals associated with the Campaign and Russia's efforts to interfere with the 2016
presidential election.

Flynn lied about talking to Russia about how they'd respond to sanctions (for election cheating) against them, as well as about an egypt thing and a turkey thing. 

The problem remains that america elected trump.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2020, 04:52:14 PM »

security advisor for the presidential campaign of Donald J. Trump ("Campaign"), as a senior
member of President-Elect Trump's Transition Team ("Presidential Transition Team"), and as
the National Security Advisor to President Trump, made materially false statements and
omissions during an interview with the Federal Bureau of Investigation ("FBI") on January 24,
2017, in Washington, D.C. At the time of the interview, the FBI had an open investigation into
the Government of Russia's ("Russia") efforts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election,
including the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Campaign and Russia,
and whether there was any coordination between the Campaign and Russia's efforts.

impact on the FBI's ongoing investigation into the existence of any links or coordination
between individuals associated with the Campaign and Russia's efforts to interfere with the 2016
presidential election.

Flynn lied about talking to Russia about how they'd respond to sanctions (for election cheating) against them, as well as about an egypt thing and a turkey thing. 

That AND the fact that Trump was elected despite the DNC actually colluding with Russia, Google, Facebook and Twitter to rig the election.

So, there's still that to contend with in the coming weeks/months.
bears are fast...

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2020, 05:21:10 PM »

presidential election.

That AND the fact that Trump was elected despite the DNC actually colluding with Russia, Google, Facebook and Twitter to rig the election.

So, there's still that to contend with in the coming weeks/months.

No, I don't care about any of that either.  I'm only bothered about voting americans.

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2020, 05:28:21 PM »

No, I don't care about any of that either.  I'm only bothered about voting americans.

More Americans voted for Clinton.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2020, 05:34:21 PM »

omfg  :lol:

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2020, 05:48:54 PM »
I know no one cares, but this is a good point.

https://twitter.com/AshaRangappa_/status/1258493374623109128

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2020, 05:51:20 PM »

The whole trash can narrowed it down to those two.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2020, 08:43:31 PM »

Yeah, but even beyond this political crap, the crime of lying is lol.

FBI: Did you commit this crime we're investigating?

Criminal: (thinking to self) eff

Criminal: (to FBI) Nope?

Have always agreed on this point. It's double stupid because they can lie to you
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2020, 09:27:17 PM »

I had the exact same reaction...  She did manage to grab the illegal alien and deceased votes, I'll grant him that.

Surely there's a participation laying around somewhere, chum.

bears are fast...

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2020, 09:55:01 PM »

I had the exact same reaction...  She did manage to grab the illegal alien and deceased votes, I'll grant him that.

Surely there's a participation laying around somewhere, chum.

Yeah, the more votes thing is a dumb talking point. You can argue the merits of the EC all you want, but you play to win the game as is. Trump's campaign focused on kicking ass in BG states to earn EC points, while Hillary (worst candidate in memory) didn't do crap in them.

It's akin to Trump bombing three's all game and Hillary playing like the 3-point line didn't exist, then her and her fans bitching because they actually made "more baskets."
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2020, 09:56:43 PM »
Great analogy.
bears are fast...

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 07, 2020, 10:40:30 PM »
Thanks, guys. In the future, I will be sure not to try to make that point I was not trying to make.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 07, 2020, 10:44:10 PM »
Thanks, guys. In the future, I will be sure not to try to make that point I was not trying to make.
i understood the context but you've committed too many sins to forgive at this point.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2020, 10:43:05 PM »
Renegade has a problem with the Flynndication... 

https://news.yahoo.com/obama-irule-of-law-michael-flynn-case-014121045.html

Will be interesting to see how this plays out for him.

bears are fast...

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2020, 10:47:26 PM »
Obama is a very thoughtful person.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2020, 10:50:08 PM »
He better be thinking about how to beat a treason charge...

:lol:
bears are fast...

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2020, 11:53:25 PM »
Question for the legal scholars on the board. Is there anything stopping trump from telling Barr to charge Obama with treason? We know that trump is all in with maga and q, and with seemingly all of them calling for Obama to be charged, why wouldn't they do it? Are there any tangible repercussions that would deter trump and Barr from charging anyone with anything they want to? They don't need a court order to bring charges, correct?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2020, 12:05:16 AM »
Question for the legal scholars on the board. Is there anything stopping trump from telling Barr to charge Obama with treason? We know that trump is all in with maga and q, and with seemingly all of them calling for Obama to be charged, why wouldn't they do it? Are there any tangible repercussions that would deter trump and Barr from charging anyone with anything they want to? They don't need a court order to bring charges, correct?

Well, Obama would have to be indicted by a grand jury. Quite unlikely.