Author Topic: 8-33 FG from shooters  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
8-33 FG from shooters
« on: February 06, 2017, 10:19:27 PM »
First, thanks Barry. Thanks for continuing to jack up 17 footers and 3pt when you were ice cold and your shots were not close.  You played so hard on D, why be a dumbass on Offense with stupid jump shots

Barry Kam and Sneed just ice cold. 8-33.  Kam hit some big 3s even if his shooting # doesn't look good.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: 8-33 FG from shooters
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:20:58 PM »
We probably shot a higher % from 3 than 2. Couldn't make a rough ridin' layup.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 10:23:47 PM »
 :lol: how many threes did Barry/the whole team miss from the corner?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 10:26:36 PM »
Imagine if we had a coach that the players respected and told them "hey dumbasses quit jacking up shots when you're ice cold"

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 10:34:32 PM »
Kam needs to not shoot 2s.

2PT% was awful. You've got to finish around the rim and too often we didn't.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 10:50:38 PM »
Kam needs to not shoot 2s.

2PT% was awful. You've got to finish around the rim and too often we didn't.

Yeah 0-5 from 2pt for Kam.  Definitely not good.  3-15 on 2pt from these 3 shooters. 

8 rebounds and 5 3pt from Kam.  i felt he gave us something on O, even with the bad 2pt.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 12:29:18 AM »
Imagine if we had a coach that the players respected and told them "hey dumbasses quit jacking up shots when you're ice cold"

No respectable college basketball coach would ever say that to their players.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 12:49:33 AM »
my biggest issue on offense was not being able to take advantage of Wade mismatches. would have been interesting to have Wade and Maurice on the court on the same time in the 2nd half. Of course the shooting was pretty bad, too.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 12:54:52 AM »
my biggest issue on offense was not being able to take advantage of Wade mismatches. would have been interesting to have Wade and Maurice on the court on the same time in the 2nd half. Of course the shooting was pretty bad, too.

I mean Wade was aight, but he's not really Superman. When I saw Frank go flying into the Fritchen only to reemerge as the Man of Steal, I knew the game was over.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2017, 01:06:37 AM »

That was frustrating.   Didn't take advantage of this enough.

Dean played his ass off. He was solid on D guarding Jackson too.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2017, 01:09:35 AM »

They ran that post iso for him and then went away from it, however i think KU's ball pressure contributed to that a bit. As for Dean and Maurice together, I have no idea how that would work. First of all it seems pretty obvious that we either don't work on double post sets or they don't work when they do run them in practice. I think he has the skill set to eventually get there but I don't think Maurice is strong enough in the areas you need to utilize a double post; face-up at the elbow, interior screen and seal, and post-to-post passing. The set they called for Wade when he scored looked like a double post set, it was a bit sloppy but it eventually finished in a wade basket.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
8-33 FG from shooters
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2017, 03:44:46 AM »
Stokes and Brown were both respectively a disaster at times.

But if Kstate finishes at the rim then Kstate wins the game.  Too many bunnies rolling out.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2017, 07:57:50 AM »

They ran that post iso for him and then went away from it, however i think KU's ball pressure contributed to that a bit. As for Dean and Maurice together, I have no idea how that would work. First of all it seems pretty obvious that we either don't work on double post sets or they don't work when they do run them in practice. I think he has the skill set to eventually get there but I don't think Maurice is strong enough in the areas you need to utilize a double post; face-up at the elbow, interior screen and seal, and post-to-post passing. The set they called for Wade when he scored looked like a double post set, it was a bit sloppy but it eventually finished in a wade basket.
I'd expect Maurice is good enough at facing up at the elbow. At the very least his man could be forced to leave the paint, unlike DJamer.

And yeah, KU's ball pressure made it difficult to get Wade the ball at the block for sure. But I don't think Wade needed to get the ball at the block to take advantage of his matchups. He's competent attacking smaller players from the wing or elbow. IMO oscar hesitates to let players just try to beat someone one on one unless it's a post up created by his offense or at the end of the shot clock.

Which reminds me, why so many ball screens late in shot clocks? They haven't been effective at all and only seem to bring an extra defender to slow down the ball handler. Just go flat and let them drive

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2017, 08:24:03 AM »

I'd expect Maurice is good enough at facing up at the elbow. At the very least his man could be forced to leave the paint, unlike DJamer.

And yeah, KU's ball pressure made it difficult to get Wade the ball at the block for sure. But I don't think Wade needed to get the ball at the block to take advantage of his matchups. He's competent attacking smaller players from the wing or elbow. IMO oscar hesitates to let players just try to beat someone one on one unless it's a post up created by his offense or at the end of the shot clock.

Which reminds me, why so many ball screens late in shot clocks? They haven't been effective at all and only seem to bring an extra defender to slow down the ball handler. Just go flat and let them drive

Yes, the high ball screens are awful.  I think it's a major factor in our struggling to close out close games.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2017, 08:25:24 AM »
Hard to get Dean on the iso when Lucas was basically playing a one man zone since they knew DJamer was not a threat from the outside.

Great coaching move from Self...
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 08:55:04 AM »
I don't think Wade needed to get the ball at the block to take advantage of his matchups. He's competent attacking smaller players from the wing or elbow. IMO oscar hesitates to let players just try to beat someone one on one unless it's a post up created by his offense or at the end of the shot clock.

This goes against Assistketball, which is oscar's offensive mantra; any made shot in half court offense needs to come off of an assist, unless its late in the shot clock.

But yeah, we could have come down and iso-ed Wade at the FT line and he probably scores 6-10 more points. IMO that's way better than Brown and Stokes missing floater after floater.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »
I'm having a hard time really getting mad about this one. We missed a lot of bunnies, but they did look like the better team. I'm pretty meh about this one. Happy the cats won me some $ tho.  :)

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 10:13:39 AM »
:dunno:

So you're saying there's nothing stopping Oscar from saying it?  :dunno:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 11:22:13 AM »

Not to be taken literally, it's just a way of saying oscar isn't good at in game coaching. Horrible in fact

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 11:29:19 AM »

weber isn't going to clog up the middle.  he loves that open interior, and generally it works quite well.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 11:32:07 AM »
the ball screen doesn't just try to rub off the primary defender, it pulls another guy out of help position.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 01:55:53 PM »
the ball screen doesn't just try to rub off the primary defender, it pulls another guy out of help position.

except when they bring that guy out of "help position" to hedge the ball handler and we can't/aren't good enough to adjust. IMO DJamer would be more effective at the opposite block with his man helping from there rather than bringing him 20 feet from the basket for a pick and pop I guess? What is his action supposed to be? He certainly can't catch a pass and make a move to the basket off a roll.

I mean, it could be useful, we just aren't good at it and can't remember us getting anything out of it (other than the occasional Wade pick and pop). It's been an annoyance the last two games especially. Granted, BU and KU are really good at defense.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 01:59:09 PM »
KU is not really good at defense this year, at least compared to the rest of the Big 12. They just have really, really good offense and shooting. Bill is winning at Hoiball.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 02:05:21 PM »
DJamer is really good at catching the ball on the move.  i don't recall the specifics from last night, but first option drive through the open post, second option hit DJamer diving has been a pretty good play for kstate the last couple years.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 02:46:48 PM »
DJamer is really good at catching the ball on the move.  i don't recall the specifics from last night, but first option drive through the open post, second option hit DJamer diving has been a pretty good play for kstate the last couple years.
Yeah, I'm kind of remembering that now. I just don't remember seeing much success recently. And it seems like it comes off of actions that got him the ball moving in the paint (something other than pick and roll).