Author Topic: My trip to Allen Field House West  (Read 1751 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
My trip to Allen Field House West
« on: February 08, 2017, 03:17:47 PM »
First time in the octagon of F bombs. Not trying to talk crap on the place because it was a fun game to be at. Getting there, there wasn't the buzz and energy you feel when you walk into AFH. The people who gave us the tickets also gave us vip "legends" tickets. Literally the dumbest thing ever. I went in there thinking there was about to be free food and drinks, and strippers, but all it was was a bunch of white haired purple button down shirt wearing people that hated the site of anyone not wearing purple, and no free drinks! I'd rather watch paint dry than to be in that "vip" room. I think they were all talking about their cattle. Very thankful they gave us these cool tickets, but that was just the weirdest experience. The seats were half court 9th row up, so they were really good seats. The students were really into the game, duh, it's KU. They were classless as usual. They salivated at any chance to chant F*** KU. Anything with a beat and the chant came out. The "adults" were almost worse. They kept yelling stuff like "rapists" "wife beaters" "kick your gf in the face" and when I finally had enough, I turned around when some dude yelled rapist at Jackson and he said "ya, I said it, f*** you! Just super classless people there. The game was a great game from start to finish! Jackson is a monster. Without foul trouble he probably scores 25 with 5 steals. Frank was mostly awesome as a player, but he was more awesome to watch tease and hush the crowd. He pissed them off so bad. They were all yelling for him to get T'd up. All in all I give them (compared to Allen) a B- on atmosphere. Would be a B+ without all of the profanity chants and stuff directed at players. I'll post some of th3 videos I took in the comments. Rockchalk!

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: My trip to Allen Field House West
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 03:21:55 PM »
Frank Mason did kinda own our entire team and arena TBH

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 03:22:44 PM »
Sounds like a pretty accurate summary.   :thumbs:
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 03:22:58 PM »
#obsessed with us

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 03:23:59 PM »
also he just nailed the legends room.. its the worst

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 03:25:06 PM »

is kat kid in there? if so its the super worst lmao

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 03:48:27 PM »
Has anyone ever been checked in on this? I always walk in their like i'm on a mission at halftime with no pass and nobody ever questions me. Do you need a pass to get in there or do they just not give a eff since they charge you for drinks anyways?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:02:40 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 04:00:38 PM »
At least we got a B-, rating memorial stadium for example would be an argument over where or not F+ is too generous.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 05:11:52 PM »
Has anyone ever been checked in on this? I always walk in their like i'm on a mission at halftime with no pass and nobody ever questions me. Do you need a pass to get in there or do they just not give a eff since they charge you for drinks anyways?
the "act like you belong" is what we did in the glory days when we didn't have a someone with a pass in our group.  I think they started scanning the card a few years ago and it may be a little tougher now but i haven't been to a game in a few years.

The thing I appreciated the most about the legend's room was it brought me back to my youth - there is nothing like crushing a few not quite cold domestics since they only turn on the beer coolers an hour or two before game time.  Pretty good deal for 10k a year.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 06:18:17 PM »
Always remember, the average KU tshirt fans demands the atmosphere at the house of Blue Hair gets validated and affirmed continually. 

Offline BostonPancake

• Katpak'r
  • I'm all about the T in TSC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »
the "act like you belong" is what we did in the glory days when we didn't have a someone with a pass in our group.  I think they started scanning the card a few years ago and it may be a little tougher now but i haven't been to a game in a few years.

The thing I appreciated the most about the legend's room was it brought me back to my youth - there is nothing like crushing a few not quite cold domestics since they only turn on the beer coolers an hour or two before game time.  Pretty good deal for 10k a year.

This year with our tickets we were given passes to the legends room for every game.  I have no idea why they were given to us.  I certainly didn't pay for them.  Maybe they did that for all season ticket holders.  Anyway, maybe more people show up now and they just don't care to check.  I went once many years ago and remember it not beinging that great.  Haven't used the passes once.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 01:56:04 AM »
I feel as if the best atmosphere we have had all year was against WVU. I hate the F*ck KU chant but ya know i still chanted because I could. :emawkid:
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 08:22:10 AM »
That's what college is for, greg. Do what you want.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »

This year with our tickets we were given passes to the legends room for every game.  I have no idea why they were given to us.  I certainly didn't pay for them.  Maybe they did that for all season ticket holders.  Anyway, maybe more people show up now and they just don't care to check.  I went once many years ago and remember it not beinging that great.  Haven't used the passes once.
yea, it basically feels like some awkward business after hours type of mixer

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 10:48:00 AM »
Frank Mason did kinda own our entire team and arena TBH

That was pretty stud move by Mason.  Would have backfired had we won, but as losers, it's something we're compelled to live with.