Author Topic: Hope our next coach isn't given the Weber treatment  (Read 3123 times)

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Hope our next coach isn't given the Weber treatment
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2017, 11:17:49 AM »
Consider two small things.

1. Angel Rodriquez
2. Marcus Foster

If Angel had not decided to transfer, and Marcus had not decided he had made it, oscar Weber would now be one of the best coaches in K-State history. Curse Weber's coaching all you like. Tell me he can't win with his own players. Perhaps, you think he practices our guys too hard. You may despise his blow by handshake after losing. One thing you cannot deny, however, is that he was very close to having a great run at K-State. I won't even list the many injuries that have plagued Weber since he took over. We have a critical one (Dean) just this year when we were on the verge of making a lot of pundits eat some crow. DJamer's foot injury, a Weber recruit and one of the better post players we've had in years, which has plagued him ever since it occurred In his freshman year; Spradling's sternum injury that severely hampered him; Stoke's knee injury; Diarra's knee injury; Love's foot injury; William's foot injury; Dean's pneumonia.

Dare I mention the Kentucky fiasco that, most likely, kept Weber from getting some NCAA wins. Kentucky, probably the second best team in the country, that year, decided to play around the first half of the season and, because of this, was seeded 8th in the tournament. Who got the shaft on this one?

I apologize for the long rant, but I just had to say something.

excited for my gpc ban to end in a month so i can participate in these delightful c/p's.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2017, 11:40:06 AM »

1. Angel Rodriquez
2. Marcus Foster

If Angel had not decided to transfer, and Marcus had not decided he had made it, oscar Weber would now be one of the best coaches in K-State history. Curse Weber's coaching all you like. Tell me he can't win with his own players. Perhaps, you think he practices our guys too hard. You may despise his blow by handshake after losing. One thing you cannot deny, however, is that he was very close to having a great run at K-State. I won't even list the many injuries that have plagued Weber since he took over. We have a critical one (Dean) just this year when we were on the verge of making a lot of pundits eat some crow. DJamer's foot injury, a Weber recruit and one of the better post players we've had in years, which has plagued him ever since it occurred In his freshman year; Spradling's sternum injury that severely hampered him; Stoke's knee injury; Diarra's knee injury; Love's foot injury; William's foot injury; Dean's pneumonia.

Dare I mention the Kentucky fiasco that, most likely, kept Weber from getting some NCAA wins. Kentucky, probably the second best team in the country, that year, decided to play around the first half of the season and, because of this, was seeded 8th in the tournament. Who got the shaft on this one?

This is the ultimate "I guess they are excuses, but probably also facts" post. You would think that oscar wrote it himself.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2017, 11:47:02 AM »

1. Angel Rodriquez
2. Marcus Foster

This is the ultimate "I guess they are excuses, but probably also facts" post. You would think that oscar wrote it himself.

Especially w/that string of semicolons.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2017, 12:59:57 PM »

1. Angel Rodriquez
2. Marcus Foster

Tiny distinction between Angel and Marcus...the former was blackmailed into staying for oscar's first year (remember Leti Romero?) and the latter was dismissed because oscar Weber cannot manage the egos of top flight talent, as his career has exhibited.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2017, 01:04:01 PM »
copy paste is tearing this board apart
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best