Author Topic: Report: Mangino to K-State  (Read 39666 times)

The Big Train

Re: Report: Mangino to K-State
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2015, 03:23:37 PM »
You're a rough ridin' idiot steffy

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 27, 2015, 03:25:00 PM »

AN ARGUMENT CAN BE MADE THAT MEYER IS BETTER THAN SNYDER

The Big Train

« Reply #227 on: October 27, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »

IT DOESNT MATTER THO CUZ HE ISNT COMING HERE

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 27, 2015, 03:30:55 PM »

IT DOESNT MATTER THO CUZ HE ISNT COMING HERE

Source?

The Big Train

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 27, 2015, 03:35:07 PM »

An argument can be made that it is much, much easier to win at Florida and Ohio State than Kansas State.

I mean, if you want me to be realistic about Snyder's ability, you have to be realistic about K-State's resources and history.

The Big Train

« Reply #231 on: October 27, 2015, 03:37:16 PM »
The former coach in waiting at Texas would strongly disagree with you

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 27, 2015, 03:55:56 PM »
The former coach in waiting at Texas would strongly disagree with you

That Muschamp couldn't win at UF has almost no relevance to the question of whether it is easier to win at UF/OSU than KSU.

The Big Train

« Reply #233 on: October 27, 2015, 03:58:59 PM »
I thought it was easy to win at Florida tho?

The Big Train

« Reply #234 on: October 27, 2015, 03:59:12 PM »
Shouldn't matter the coach right?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 27, 2015, 04:08:47 PM »
I don't think anyone has seriously suggested that K-State should or would fire Snyder, Steffy.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #236 on: October 27, 2015, 04:11:53 PM »
I don't think anyone has seriously suggested that K-State should or would fire Snyder, Steffy.
To not crown LHC Bill Snyder as the greatest coach in the history of football is the same as calling for him to be fired in Steffy's world.

Offline WildcatNation

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 27, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »
Steffy, your problem is that you think LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder is uniquely good. It is a horror to you, but there are a number of better college football coaches out there right now that Bill.  College football coaches that can get the high talent kids AND get them to play fundamental football.   LHC LHC LHC Bill Snyder won't prepare a player better for a successful NFL career than a whole bunch of other coaches out there. In fact if you are QB, history has shown Bill can't prepare you for the NFL.

Interesting perspective, bro.  But you are in the minority in this perspective, at least outside of this board (probably even for people that read this board; I suspect that the vocal people who hate Snyder are just a vocal minority).  Snyder just won more big 12 games in the last four years than Stoops, Briles, Gundy, or Patterson (last three years w regard to Patterson).  This was a rebuilding year, and then the injuries happened, and hell we still could be 5-2.  I'm frustrated too.  But, I don't think that this staff forgot how to coach in the last 8 months.  If we have another sub-par year next year, it will be time to question.  But not yet.  Rational people understand this.  This board doesn't simply because it does not like Snyder's methods.

I will make this observation (and a minor concession to this board):  I think this current staff could use a fire-breather.  Snyder is not that, by any stretch of the imagination.  In the 90's, Snyder's personality was balanced with the personality of people like Venebles, Stoops, Mangino.  We don't have that now.  Last week I watched our team and there was very little emotion, even when we were coming back and playing well in the second half.  Most of the coaches have a personality like Snyder's.  It is the same reason this board doesn't like the coaching staff.  Removing like/dislike from the equation, I do think this staff would be more effective if it had a little more of an edge to it.

That said, this staff has been very effective, albeit very bland and vanilla.  I would have more respect if people just came out and said they didn't like Snyder's personality and brand of football rather than making stupid arguments about him not being effective in winning games.
What was my perspective?  I am curious what you think it is.

Is is really that controversial that there are better college football coaches out there than LHC LHC Bill Snyder?   I mean he is a good coach, a very good coach, a hall of fame coach in fact.  But there are other (soon to be) hall of fame coaches out there right now who are simply better right now. It shouldn't hurt your feelings to be able to admit that.  I swear its like talking with KU fans who think Bill Self is the only good college basketball coach and practically invented the game.

I'm not sure there is a better football coach.  Would Saban have won as much as Snyder in the last four years at K-State?  Meyer?  I'm not sure.  This can be flipped around, too.  I don't think Snyder would have won as much as Meyer or Saban at OSU or Bama.  The point being....Snyder is a perfect fit for K-State.  We are never going to be a recruiting powerhouse unless we cheat.  So, we need someone to make the best with what we can get.  There is such a thing as "fit," and Snyder is a perfect fit at KSU.

In any event, your point is moot unless the coaches that you think are better would actually come here.  I can see the argument that Meyer is a better coach than Snyder, but in the context of the current discussion it doesn't matter because Meyer isn't coming here.

Finally, even if Herman or Patterson or etc. could/would come in and win more than Snyder (I really doubt it, but it is possible and I concede that with no hurt feelngs), there is such a thing as timing.  Snyder is a K-State treasure.  You don't just run him out the door before he is ready based on a 6-6 season (or whatever).  That would destroy so much K-State goodwill associated with Snyder.  It is a completely different story if we are 5-7 next season.  But, I don't think it will get to that.

The same dumb tuck talking points were all made about teams such as Baylor, and until they get sanctioned you're still an idiot. A good coaching staff can win at almost any P5 school.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 27, 2015, 04:49:11 PM »
The filter needs to replace posts over like 5 sentences  with "Blah, Blah, DNR this"

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 27, 2015, 09:33:21 PM »

Nobody is gonna read that
I am a better poster than Steffy.

Gonna win 'em all!

The Big Train

« Reply #240 on: October 27, 2015, 09:33:46 PM »
Yeah I think you said that already

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 27, 2015, 09:50:58 PM »
Still

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 01, 2017, 06:26:16 PM »
Mangino met up with a random TMB poster from twitter in Florida.

Recap
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2017, 09:43:28 AM »

Recap

was it awkward?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2017, 08:29:27 PM »

Recap

there's an imposter 'bias on tmb.  how rude
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 03, 2017, 10:30:18 PM »
i'm not clicking on some piece of crap tmb link, nice try guys