Author Topic: gorSuch a Great Choice  (Read 16267 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: gorSuch a Great Choice
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2017, 03:36:05 PM »
See what I mean? The libtards do not understand who is and has been in the majority. 

The l-tards seem completely unaware that the dems were in the minority when garland was nominated (meaning the pubs were in the majority) and that the pubs remain in the majority for gorsuch's appointment (meaning the dems are still the minority).  No party has ever unilaterally filibustered a scotus appointment. Not confirming an opposing party's nominee who has a majority vote is a completely separate issue.

The dems have zero leverage and the pubs are not going to back down and I suspect most non-psycho dems will fall in step. Because next time Trump is putting a rubber stamp on the bench.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2017, 03:39:42 PM »
Why not give Garland a hearing and then vote him down, then?

If obama had appointed a non-lunatic like gorsuch, his nominee would have been confirmed. Obama already nominated two lunatics, and a crap load more to the circuit courts after the dems changed the filibuster rules (in the exact same manner the pubs are threatening to do).

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2017, 03:41:01 PM »

If obama had appointed a non-lunatic like gorsuch, his nominee would have been confirmed. Obama already nominated two lunatics, and a crap load more to the circuit courts after the dems changed the filibuster rules (in the exact same manner the pubs are threatening to do).

So why not give him a hearing and vote him down?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2017, 03:41:26 PM »

what i don't understand is how the Pubs leadership is so ineffective that they cant execute any policy change while having the power to do so

This is a great question. Get it together r-tards, you have unrestrained power

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2017, 03:43:58 PM »

Because huge waste of time, effort and resources. Were you rough ridin' unconscious when Gorsuch was going through his 3 days of 10 hour a day of senate testimony and weeks of written testimony, testimony before the senate committee?

Jesus rough ridin' christ, what a stupid goddamn question.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »

Super dumb move by Republicans IMO, similar to how they are not drawing this nomination out a little longer.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2017, 03:46:35 PM »

Because huge waste of time, effort and resources. Were you rough ridin' unconscious when Gorsuch was going through his 3 days of 10 hour a day of senate testimony and weeks of written testimony, testimony before the senate committee?

Jesus rough ridin' christ, what a stupid goddamn question.

Oh, it's because they would have had to work a few more hours?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2017, 03:46:41 PM »

Because that would have risked a couple of squishes breaking ranks, and even if they had voted him down, it would have been a waste of time and Obama would have just appointed someone else. Are you suggesting you would have preferred that political theatre? The GOP was completely honest about what they were doing, and they had the power to it. As the majority they said "no thanks lame duck, we'll figure this out with the new president."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2017, 03:49:09 PM »

Because that would have risked a couple of squishes breaking ranks, and even if they had voted him down, it would have been a waste of time and Obama would have just appointed someone else. Are you suggesting you would have preferred that political theatre? The GOP was completely honest about what they were doing, and they had the power to it. As the majority they said "no thanks lame duck, we'll figure this out with the new president."

That wasn't so hard, I don't understand why FSD kept dancing around it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2017, 03:51:17 PM »
"Risking" Republicans voting with Democrats on something is the most rough ridin' dumb and disgusting (and probably accurate) reason to not hold a vote.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2017, 03:54:09 PM »
Sdk the last presidential term differs from the current term in that the party of the president and majority party of the senate were not / are now the same. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »

If you have squishes on your side that are going to break ranks, do you really have a majority?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2017, 04:07:05 PM »
The lame duck argument is so damn stupid. The 'Pubs stole a nomination from a sitting President. No appointment of Trump should be considered until after the conclusion of the FBI investigation. He could be getting impeached so I guess he is a lame duck too.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2017, 04:11:57 PM »
Pences idea of a good justice is probably one that believes in the implementation of christian sharia law, so I don't know if we want him picking
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2017, 04:20:48 PM »
I love how Gooch counters an allegedly stupid argument with a colossally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) argument.   

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2017, 04:21:44 PM »
I love how Gooch counters an allegedly stupid argument with a colossally Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) argument.   
How is it different?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2017, 04:22:34 PM »
I think the absolute best thing that might come out of this is Gorsuch getting confirmed and then ruling against the travel ban.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2017, 04:26:23 PM »
How is it different?

If you can't tell then I doubt you'd understand me explaining it to you.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2017, 04:28:40 PM »
Pences idea of a good justice is probably one that believes in the implementation of christian sharia law, so I don't know if we want him picking

Eating dinner with anyone other than your wife will be outlawed.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2017, 04:35:54 PM »
Sdk the last presidential term differs from the current term in that the party of the president and majority party of the senate were not / are now the same.
That makes sense. I didn't really think it through before I posted.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2017, 04:39:35 PM »

Eating dinner with anyone other than your wife will be outlawed.

That is doubtful. I would expect the court to see bathroom legislation, though.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2017, 04:40:50 PM »
I think it's funny that Reagan was allowed to nominate a judge in his last year as President but Obama was just a "lame duck". Maybe duck is a euphemism for a racial slur?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 04, 2017, 04:56:25 PM »
I think it's funny that Reagan was allowed to nominate a judge in his last year as President but Obama was just a "lame duck". Maybe duck is a euphemism for a racial slur?

"lame spook"

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2017, 05:28:17 PM »
Obama nominated one just didn't get confirmed.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2017, 05:54:20 PM »

If you have squishes on your side that are going to break ranks, do you really have a majority?

Yes. Having a majority in the senate actually means things procedurally even if that majority doesn't always hold together on votes.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.