Author Topic: Ian Boyd's take on KSU's 2017 class (nice read)  (Read 1474 times)

Offline The Manhatter

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Ian Boyd's take on KSU's 2017 class (nice read)
« on: February 07, 2017, 01:13:31 PM »
http://sportstreatise.com/2017/02/breaking-down-kansas-states-2017-recruiting-class/

Fun read on his thoughts and how they fit into the program.  He had some interesting ideas for different positions than what they were recruited to play per the official site.

Glad I read this as I didn't recall liking Kuduk as much as Boyd does.  I had not seen Kuduk's senior film (just jr yr video back when he committed).  Damn, Kuduk has outstanding feet, solid quicks, good flexibility and pad level.  I can see why he loved him.  He looks like a 3-yr starter.

A few nuggets:

loves Wheeler (thinks he is a steal to get as a grey)
loves E. Walker
thinks KSU might use X. Davis as a TE, Misko as a DE, Owens as a wide receiver.
Absolutely loves Patton as the guy to replace Lee
says Chabastin is a monster
creates a nickname for Strickland, "Strychnine" (because KSU now has two receivers - Pringle being the other - that opponents will have to double)

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Academics is a stupid word.

Academic schools are synonymous for being rich, powerful and exclusive, three things Kansas State is not.

So when people throw the word "academics" around, that's really what they are referencing.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Re: Ian Boyd's take on KSU's 2017 class (nice read)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 02:52:12 AM »
Is Strickland an albino? Would be perfect if he was an emotionally jaded albino and also maybe made a big play against KU or the 'clones or something. Could really seeing it catching on in that scenario.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."