Author Topic: Last 6 games, 1st half..  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Last 6 games, 1st half..
« on: January 28, 2017, 11:12:49 PM »
We have shot just 47.0 eFG. We have only 0.96 PPP
Outscored by 37 pts in 1st half.

1) Down 18-12, 13 minutes in vs BU
2) Down 43-26, 20 minutes in vs Isu
3) Down 39-22, 20 minutes in vs Tenn
4) Down 38-28, 19 minutes in vs Huggy
5) Down 18-12, 12 minutes in vs Tech

Seriously, that's 100 pts in 84 minutes right there.
Down 11.2 pts on ave at our worst point.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 07:18:22 AM by Powercat Posse »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Last 6 games, 1st half..
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 11:35:41 PM »
Guys I'm beginning to think oscar might not be a good coach.  :worried:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 11:44:38 PM »
I'm still on the fence, but I'm still more Pro-Weber than Anti-Weber....But players need to own fair share of these crappy starts. Our energy on D sucks early and that translates into a sluggish O.  To me, it's not an execution thing, it's an effort thing. More on players than coach from my point of view.

I don't care what Frank did or said.... Jake and Denis never would have allowed this. AKA... Upper classman leadership

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 11:49:10 PM »
you left out the cows game.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 11:54:02 PM »
I'm still on the fence, but I'm still more Pro-Weber than Anti-Weber....But players need to own fair share of these crappy starts. Our energy on D sucks early and that translates into a sluggish O.  To me, it's not an execution thing, it's an effort thing. More on players than coach from my point of view.

I don't care what Frank did or said.... Jake and Denis never would have allowed this. AKA... Upper classman leadership

I don't see how people can logically be in favor of oscar, I mean it just blows my mind.  He is a cancer and drags down the program.  These are the exact same kinds of issues he had at Illinois, I mean to a T.  Bullshit excuses like needing his guys, well he got those, then ran them off.  Wouldn't it be nice to have senior leaders from Wesley's cohort?  I mean it's a bit whimsical (or something) to pine for a team to have leaders like Jake or Denis since they were program defining leaders, truly once in a generation impact for a university program.

I'd be willing to be right now that within a few games oscar will toss DJamer or Wade under the bus for their injuries (and being run down from crap management). 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 12:14:40 AM »
you left out the cows game.

We were down 42-35, trailed at half 54-51. Our offense kept us in game that 1st half.   

Ou first half was bout only 1st half where we had attitude on defense, and attack mode on Offense

Wes and DJamer are no Jake and Denis.
oscar won 29 of first 43 conf games he coached.  That gets overlooked. Frank went 10-6 with a preseason top 10 team, and 10-8 his last year. Far from stellar people.

oscar has things to prove. I don't deny that. I will be the 1st to say if we don't finish 10-8, I will be disappointed. But no one thought 10-8, potential 22 win entering NCAA was gonna happen.

Hell, I was furious with Snyder/Dimel after horseshit chokejob vs WV & OkSt....And now I'm pumped as heck for 2017

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2017, 12:29:30 AM »
A bit of a false equivalency imo.

But Lets not act like we aren't seeing the same trend that he has used before to trash a program.  I'd go as far to say that most reasonable coaches at the P5 level could make a run like he did in his first year and continue it to his second with many returning players.  I think he has already proved enough. For sure Frank had his issues, but I'll just say who has had more recent tournament success, and who has made some of the dumbest moves possible in the tournament. I mean that damn La Salle game was the apex of stupidity and showed how inept he is. 

We'll see how things track out.  This team, in my opinion, might be on the brink.  Things are not going well and all it takes is oscar reverting to his old excuses of blaming his players for things to collapse and we're right back at where we were picked. 

Thanks for explaining your opinion,  I appreciate it.  I just can't get my mind wrapped around the thought process that wants to keep oscar.  So part of this for me is seeing what evidence/examples/etc you are seeing to keep him.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2017, 12:41:46 AM »
Frank never went 16-2 vs non KU big 12 teams. Weber did that his first year counting Sprint Center.

He started 3 frosh his 2nd year, went 10-8. What returning players. He got somewhat unlucky with Angel (he didn't leave cause he hated oscar)

Frank lost multiple home gms and 0-3 vs KU with a top 10 2-seed in 2010.  I give Frank a ton of props for that team. The year before we were 0-4 in B12 with awful losses early. Doesn't change what I said though

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2017, 01:37:30 AM »
Posse what is the identity of oscar's program?  Frank's was clearly defense, rebounding and toughness.  I would say oscar may say he values the same but his recruiting and rotations show me it is offense first and he can't recruit at a high enough level to win that way.

I will totally admit oscar won more (in the regular season) than Frank would have in 2012 but that has nothing to do with the program today.  Frank could find and sign "winners" for lack of a better term and oscar has trouble with that.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 01:55:38 AM »
Be honest, not sure Weber has an identity like Frank did.

Once again, if we don't go 10-8, I will be disappointed, no matter the 9th place projection in Nov.

This should be tourney team. 9seed, last 4 in.... It needs a tournament berth. 

I just like Barry Dean Kam Sneed Diarra & Maurice for next year.  I don't expect a full 180 flip, but 2009 team was pathetic early 2009, and we were top 10 just 13 months later.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 06:48:38 AM »

How anyone could be Pro-Weber after he's done what most of us predicted is beyond me. He has some talented dudes at the moment and has done a better job of getting talent than I thought he would but it's his job to maximize that player potential and he's done a pretty piss poor job of that. I just can't get emotionally invested in this program until that chicken nuggets loving dork is gone. He puts a glass ceiling on this program because of his unconfident loser mentality. Welp, there's my post for this cat poops season !  :D Go Cats Tho  :emawkid:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 08:00:10 AM »
He rough ridin' HOPED that Tennessee was going to have a letdown for rough ridin' Christ sakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 08:34:24 AM »
He rough ridin' HOPED that Tennessee was going to have a letdown for rough ridin' Christ sakes

The loseriest quote ever. I'm so embarrassed for our university to have him representing it and saying things like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 08:37:24 AM »

How anyone could be Pro-Weber after he's done what most of us predicted is beyond me. He has some talented dudes at the moment and has done a better job of getting talent than I thought he would but it's his job to maximize that player potential and he's done a pretty piss poor job of that. I just can't get emotionally invested in this program until that chicken nuggets loving dork is gone. He puts a glass ceiling on this program because of his unconfident loser mentality. Welp, there's my post for this cat poops season !  :D Go Cats Tho  :emawkid:

well put, wintz.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2017, 10:00:29 AM »
I wouldn't be too hard on PP.  Dude is trying to use facts in his analysis and not emotion like a lot of us do. 

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 10:05:35 AM »

The loseriest quote ever. I'm so embarrassed for our university to have him representing it and saying things like that.

No way oscar said that. Please tell me he didn't.

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 10:22:46 AM »
He did actually say that that
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline BackPayne

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 10:25:11 AM »

For fucks sake. I hate oscar.  :facepalm:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 10:37:38 AM »
I don't think oscar is a terrible coach, nor do I think he is destroying our program. I think he has recruited decently and I think he works hard coaching his kids.

Unfortunately that's not enough and he's simply not cut out to be more than a mediocre coach at this level. His mentality comes out in his comments all of the time. He constantly makes excuses, often trying to qualify them, and there is no doubt that mentality seeps into his players. The inability to win on the road is the biggest sign of this to me.

His identity is motion offense with sharing the ball and decent shooting. That's what he wants to win with. In previous years, especially with Lowery on his staff, tough defense that forces turnovers is also part of it. His teams have never been terrible at oboarding either. There are signs of solid attributes and a solid program in many spots.

But ultimately his teams don't win enough. They don't build off of success. And they far too often have these major weaknesses, this year it happens to be starting games poorly far too often against good teams.

He is what we always thought, because he's a safe coach that wins decently. He does things the "right way". That's why Currie hired him, but ultimately that's also why he will get fired. He has enough seasons at the P5 level to show this. He may scrape by and keep his job another year or two, but eventually the fan base (I hope) will tire of this rinse and repeat that oscar's teams give and Currie (or whoever is in charge) will make a change. Fortunately, I think oscar will leave a decent program with decent players to whoever comes next, its just a matter of finding a solid coach who gets more consistent effort and energy from his team to win those tougher games.

Offline CatMission

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 10:39:52 AM »

His strategy seemed to be to hope they sucked.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 05:17:24 PM »

His strategy seemed to be to hope they sucked.

Hoping is not strategy. His failure in the game don't have anything to do with a stupid quote.