Author Topic: Ruh-oh!!!  (Read 87183 times)

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
Re: Ruh-oh!!!
« Reply #300 on: February 06, 2017, 10:55:54 AM »
I love these rough ridin' guys. Most entertaining fans of all time.

"He just traveled again" - Fran F*ckface
Saturday at 10:36 PM
(30 votes)

I didn't read the game thread, so I don't know if anyone discussed this elsewhere, but I've listened to Fran for the last time. That whole rant he had about how Svi just traveled (against KSU) and how he thought he "took 3 steps" on that play today against ISU (he absolutely did NOT) followed by "he just traveled again...he shuffled his feet" (he absolutely did NOT - he had a solid pivot foot down)....man, I don't know what to think.

Then he screamed "Yes!" on one of those late-game ISU 3's that were huge. Never heard him (admittedly, I didn't listen to him the whole game) say anything from our perspective. It's always, "If I'm Iowa State here, I want Morris with the ball....all ISU has to do here is...look what happened there and how ISU made a mistake to allow KU to score that bucket...bla bla bla."

What a tool...he doesn't even try to hide it anymore. Even when he's saying that Frank should be NPOY, it doesn't sound like he's impressed and likes him...only that one is obligated to give it to him right now. Basically, resignation.

**** that guy.

Timhawk thinks K-State gets all the calls

i think it comes down to how much they let Johnson for kstate get away with playing football.

I predict that K-State fans will embarrass themselves on national television. Besides that, I don't really know. We will probably play a fair amount of zone due to fatigue, trying to limit their guards from penetrating, and/or foul trouble. Self didn't play it against ISU because the traditional thinking is that it's harder to guard outside shooters from a zone, but as much as we get beaten off the dribble, thereby forcing help off of shooters, I think we can guard the 3 just as well from a zone. I don't think we played it in the first game against KSU, and they scored at will.

If KSU is hot shooting over the zone, we are in trouble. If they shoot like Baylor and Kentucky did against it (made some, but not hot), we will probably win a close one. If they shoot horribly, we will win by double digits.
No crap.  The opposing team shooting horribly you will probs win the game.  #hawklogic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 06, 2017, 12:56:11 PM »
Self says Bragg with suit up tonight.  Not shocked at all.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2017, 12:56:47 PM »
Bragg missed Saturday’s game at Kentucky and Self said Monday that Bragg wouldn’t play Wednesday night against Baylor. Self didn’t say when Bragg would return.

Because we all know he'll return for their super bowl next Monday.

https://twitter.com/CJOnline/status/828674710594535424

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 06, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »
Bragg missed Saturday’s game at Kentucky and Self said Monday that Bragg wouldn’t play Wednesday night against Baylor. Self didn’t say when Bragg would return.

Because we all know he'll return for their super bowl next Monday.

https://twitter.com/CJOnline/status/828674710594535424
Should make for some good sign material

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 06, 2017, 01:05:00 PM »

The infamous 3 game suspension...

Though I'm not sure KU has the 10% suspension rule for the 2nd offense like we do. From what I found, KU changed their rule of dismissal from the 3rd offense to the 5th as of last December. K-State is still 10% suspension on the 2nd and dismissal on the 3rd.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 06, 2017, 01:08:59 PM »
Their signs, chants, comments are all going to be awful. They will be personal. They will target Bragg, Jackson, Vick and maybe more. They will call us rapists and more. Our guys need to know it's coming. They have to try not to let it get them too high or too low. Lock in and take care of business.
Rate now:

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 06, 2017, 01:11:47 PM »

The infamous 3 game suspension...

Though I'm not sure KU has the 10% suspension rule for the 2nd offense like we do. From what I found, KU changed their rule of dismissal from the 3rd offense to the 5th as of last December. K-State is still 10% suspension on the 2nd and dismissal on the 3rd.

there is no reason for us not to do this.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 06, 2017, 01:13:53 PM »
KU coach Bill Self, cognizant of his team’s apparent fatigue at the end of the Iowa State loss, did not hold a regular practice Sunday. The short-handed Jayhawks may again be without sophomore forward Carlton Bragg, indefinitely suspended for the last three games following a violation of team rules. Bragg will travel with the team for Monday’s game at K-State, however, Self told The Topeka Capital-Journal in a Sunday evening text message.

Asked if Bragg would play against the Wildcats, Self replied, “I haven’t decided.”

Welp, he looked at the lineups and knows he needs a size advantage to keep us in foul trouble to win. Self is the master... Kinda impressed with how much he does not care about intergrity. Miss those days.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 06, 2017, 01:14:51 PM »
there is no reason for us not to do this.

True, there is no reason to be any different that most other Big 12 schools.

BIG 12

x-Baylor: 10-percent season suspension for second failed test vs. 10-percent suspension plus one game previously.

Iowa State: 10-percent season suspension for second failed test; dismissal after third.

x-Kansas: Dismissal after fifth failed test vs. after third failed test previously.

Kansas State: 10-percent season suspension for second failed test; dismissal for third.

Oklahoma: Dismissal, with possible reinstatement, for third failed test; No reinstatement after fourth failed test.

x-Oklahoma State: No mandatory suspensions for failed tests; 50-percent season suspension for third failed test previously.

x-Texas: Dismissal after fourth failed marijuana test vs. third previously.

y-Texas Tech: Dismissal for third failed test for any drug vs. dismissal for fourth failed marijuana test previously.

x-West Virginia: Counseling for first failed marijuana test vs. indefinite suspension previously.

TCU: One-year suspension after second failed test; dismissal after third.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/power-five-conference-recreational-drug-policies-highlights

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 06, 2017, 01:27:51 PM »
I predict that K-State fans will embarrass themselves on national television. Besides that, I don't really know. We will probably play a fair amount of zone due to fatigue, trying to limit their guards from penetrating, and/or foul trouble. Self didn't play it against ISU because the traditional thinking is that it's harder to guard outside shooters from a zone, but as much as we get beaten off the dribble, thereby forcing help off of shooters, I think we can guard the 3 just as well from a zone. I don't think we played it in the first game against KSU, and they scored at will.

If KSU is hot shooting over the zone, we are in trouble. If they shoot like Baylor and Kentucky did against it (made some, but not hot), we will probably win a close one. If they shoot horribly, we will win by double digits.

I sure am glad that we are less than 90 miles away from the school that invented basketball, and whose fans are the most knowledgeable in the country. 

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 06, 2017, 01:29:57 PM »
Those drug policies are pretty lol. KU is smarter than everyone.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 06, 2017, 01:36:16 PM »
Bill Briles runs a tight ship

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 06, 2017, 01:38:43 PM »
KU:  The Baylor of the plains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 06, 2017, 01:49:34 PM »
Those drug policies are pretty lol. KU is smarter than everyone.

Look at Brad  :love:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 06, 2017, 03:45:08 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 06, 2017, 04:09:27 PM »
i would like to attend wvu's marijuana counseling session for the lols

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 06, 2017, 04:13:53 PM »
i would like to attend wvu's marijuana counseling session for the lols

"smoking is bad mmmmmmkayy"
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 06, 2017, 05:35:45 PM »
He's gotta let Bragg play. This is probably the biggest must win Self has needed in years. If ku loses this game, the heat will be on Self, losing two games in a row, and one of them at the holier and thou court of AFH and the other on the road to big bro. The next 3 after that for them are @TT, WVU, and @Rapist, which they will probably lose at least 1 of those. And god help him if we don't storm the court and Nathan Powers someone for Self to cast the ire of ku-nation off of him and onto some kid. Will be amazeballs to see what scapegoat he'll come up with at that point.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 06, 2017, 06:52:38 PM »
Well, we will rush the court if we win.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 06, 2017, 07:26:32 PM »
I don't want to turn this into something that it isn't but you guys gotta be kidding me with this we should allow five positive drug tests. It shows a complete lack of accountability and expectations for young people who should be at your university to learn something. It also places sports above the potential well being of a young, still maturing, adult. All gEing aside KUs drug policy is incredibly irresponsible and I really don't understand how the parents of the student athletes trust their kids there.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #320 on: February 06, 2017, 07:45:33 PM »
5 offenses is absurd in any context.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2017, 07:51:51 PM »
a student loses any federal grant or loan with one drug offense, getting an athletic scholarship buys you four more offenses, ridiculous.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2017, 11:42:34 PM »
Joe Davis, the Tyler Dreilling of KU

Awkward.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 07, 2017, 03:00:40 AM »
Weird that any KU fan would talk about the media that way given the Pom Pom wavers that cover KU basketball. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 07, 2017, 03:02:10 AM »
I also LOL at the thought of it taking  5 offenses to get the boot at KU or any other school.  That's absurd.