Author Topic: KC restaurant week  (Read 5924 times)

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: KC restaurant week
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2023, 09:23:47 AM »
https://www.kcrestaurantweek.com/restaurants

Time to fire up the new KC restaurant week suggestions! :lick:

I might try Aspens for lunch today even though the decor is god awful. 
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2023, 09:27:36 AM »
I've never heard of that

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2023, 09:28:03 AM »
I always want to do this, but I can't eat 10 courses of meals.

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2023, 09:30:35 AM »
I always want to do this, but I can't eat 10 courses of meals.

One diner get the 3 course, the other just order whatever entree and then split the restaurant week stuff, that's what I typically do.

I typically avoid the places anymore, it's usually not as good as what the kitchen usually can make and the prices are now all over the place. I am doing 801 as steak places still seem to be a pretty good deal relative to their normal prices

Offline DreamWeaver69

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2023, 09:40:23 AM »
That's a good plan. I could smash a steak right now.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2023, 09:05:33 AM »
Mrs. Chicat and I invited a group of people over to our house for a Bang Bang (food not sex).  Everyone brought food from a different restaurant and we all shared.  We had Il Lazzarone, Chingu, Peanut (wings), Jerusalem Cafe, sushi from somewhere, and McClain's Bakery.  McClains and Chingu were prob my favorites.  Peanut wings were solid as always.  Il Lazzarone was good but I think it prob needs to be eaten fresh at the restaurant for peak performance.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2023, 09:34:44 AM »
 :eek: that sounds fun!

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2023, 10:13:14 AM »
doing one this year - Mesob

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2023, 10:32:42 AM »
Mrs. Chicat and I invited a group of people over to our house for a Bang Bang (food not sex).  Everyone brought food from a different restaurant and we all shared.  We had Il Lazzarone, Chingu, Peanut (wings), Jerusalem Cafe, sushi from somewhere, and McClain's Bakery.  McClains and Chingu were prob my favorites.  Peanut wings were solid as always.  Il Lazzarone was good but I think it prob needs to be eaten fresh at the restaurant for peak performance.
I really like McClain's.  The one on Gregory is within walking distance, so I'm there fairly often.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2023, 11:05:44 AM »
I am doing J Gilbert's, which is my usual restaurant week choice.  Not exciting, but dependable.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2023, 11:49:53 AM »
I really like McClain's.  The one on Gregory is within walking distance, so I'm there fairly often.

My mom just rented a house a block away and the guy she rented from has been hyping it up quite a bit. I'll have to try it.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2023, 01:16:23 PM »

Keep us posted - I've been curious about it

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2023, 01:48:21 PM »
Did pearl tavern last night.  clam chowder was not great though the sole and mahi were excellent

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2023, 01:50:43 PM »

Keep us posted - I've been curious about it

in the time since my post i had to cancel  :frown:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2023, 10:54:26 PM »

My mom just rented a house a block away and the guy she rented from has been hyping it up quite a bit. I'll have to try it.

you will not like it, guaranteed

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2023, 12:50:49 AM »

Just looked at the menu and  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2023, 01:55:03 PM »

Just looked at the menu and  :lol:
They have very good croissants.  Their breakfast sandwiches are good too.  Not a huge fan of the breakfast breet, but it's OK.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2023, 02:15:14 PM »
Coffee cakes are very good.  They are, however, not crumbly coffee cakes which is a bit disappointing.  They're more pastry than cake if that makes sense.