Author Topic: Trump owns Russia  (Read 765729 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Trump owns Russia
« Reply #9025 on: March 25, 2019, 10:25:56 AM »
When a person tells the world they intentionally fired someone to stop an investigation into themselves or their associates, I'm not sure sure why you need an underlying crime to be found. Obviously trump thought whatever the investigation would unearth would not be good for him so he obstructed the investigation. That mueller didn't (apparently) find what trump was worried about is immaterial.

Difference of opinion I suppose.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: March 25, 2019, 10:27:11 AM »
I’ll pass on the full report.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9027 on: March 25, 2019, 10:27:39 AM »
Some day LibDerp Nation will understand that the President can fire people in the executive branch.   The Clinton Email server situation alone is and was a fire-able offense.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: March 25, 2019, 10:30:22 AM »
Some people, like dax, think the president is above the law, some people, like me, don't.

Difference of opinion I suppose.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9029 on: March 25, 2019, 10:37:22 AM »

Weird, I don't recall saying I actually accepted the results

Is that the X-Files theme I hear? Have we found gE's first mueller truther?  :jeffy:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9030 on: March 25, 2019, 10:37:48 AM »
Here’s an interesting take from some guy named Brian Stelter on CNN, who seems to think that most of the media’s reporting on Russiagate was down the middle.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/24/cnns_brian_stelter_on_mueller_coverage_speculation_has_value_too.html

If I had to pick speculation or solid reporting, I would pick solid reporting in a second. I bet you would too. Reporting is what adds the most value. Finding out something new, putting out new information into the world is the best feeling in journalism. It is the greatest value add. Hundreds of journalists have been trying to solve pieces of this Trump-Russia puzzle.

But here's the thing -- Speculation actually has value too. It helps open our eyes and our minds to what's possible.

But.... no, right? Nobody here actually thinks that’s a good take, right? Simply publishing speculation at face value is not a good thing for the media or this country. But that’s what the Russiagate reporting was, time and time again.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9031 on: March 25, 2019, 10:40:19 AM »
Perhaps an example? I always felt the actual media (not hannity and Maddow) were fairly upfront about speculation.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9032 on: March 25, 2019, 10:58:47 AM »
You really need examples? Ok.... here's one massive speculative article tying together all manner of speculative reports. https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-is-telling-us-hes-got-trump-on-COLUSION

Here's another. Obama CIA Director John Brennan predicts additional indictments just two weeks ago. https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/23/john-brennan-predicted-trump-indictments-mueller/

You want more? Put together a Gems from Chum's Russiagate Fantasy Thread.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9033 on: March 25, 2019, 11:01:00 AM »
First link is 404'd

Second is clearly brennon's opinion

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9034 on: March 25, 2019, 11:02:56 AM »
Also I don't really consider either of those actual news media. They are huffpost/brietbart type crap. I will concede you will find plenty of veiled speculation at that level.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9035 on: March 25, 2019, 11:05:05 AM »
First link is 404'd

First link works fine for me. And re Brennan, I'm just giving you one small example of the speculation about the Russia investigation that turned out to be utter bullshit. This man isn't some crank off the street, he's a crank who used to be CIA Director. Put on the air to spout nonsense for which he had no factual basis whatsoever. Speculation. Like so much of the Russiagate reporting. Even CNN Stetler is admitting there was loads of speculation - but he's cool with it "because it opens our eyes to what's possible."
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 11:09:19 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9036 on: March 25, 2019, 11:11:20 AM »
5 people in prison, 37 people/entities charged with crimes. Only the most adamant Trumper could come in here today without seeing the report and shout scoreboard. Especially with how many other investigations are still happening.

Good for you guys I guess?

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9037 on: March 25, 2019, 11:13:28 AM »
Of course there is going to be speculation with an investigation that had effectively no leaks.

You're mad that a guy with experience looked at what was publicly known, came to a conclusion, said it on tv as his opinion, and then later learned he had the wrong conclusion. I don't know how to help you with that.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9038 on: March 25, 2019, 11:15:08 AM »
First link is 404'd

First link works fine for me. And re Brennan, I'm just giving you one small example of the speculation about the Russia investigation that turned out to be utter bullshit. This man isn't some crank off the street, he's a crank who used to be CIA Director. Put on the air to spout nonsense for which he had no factual basis whatsoever. Speculation. Like so much of the Russiagate reporting. Even CNN Stetler is admitting there was loads of speculation - but he's cool with it "because it opens our eyes to what's possible."

It's hard for me to say that he was spouting nonsense when the report has yet to be released.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9039 on: March 25, 2019, 11:16:39 AM »
Does kdub give this much of a crap when pre-game hosts are wrong about which team they think will win? This speculation has to end!  :jerk:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9040 on: March 25, 2019, 11:28:46 AM »
You really need examples? Ok.... here's one massive speculative article tying together all manner of speculative reports. https://www.thedailybeast.com/mueller-is-telling-us-hes-got-trump-on-COLUSION

Here's another. Obama CIA Director John Brennan predicts additional indictments just two weeks ago. https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/23/john-brennan-predicted-trump-indictments-mueller/

You want more? Put together a Gems from Chum's Russiagate Fantasy Thread.

Opinion pieces should have a lot of speculation. That is the point of an opinion article.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9041 on: March 25, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »
Here’s an interesting take from some guy named Brian Stelter on CNN, who seems to think that most of the media’s reporting on Russiagate was down the middle.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/24/cnns_brian_stelter_on_mueller_coverage_speculation_has_value_too.html

If I had to pick speculation or solid reporting, I would pick solid reporting in a second. I bet you would too. Reporting is what adds the most value. Finding out something new, putting out new information into the world is the best feeling in journalism. It is the greatest value add. Hundreds of journalists have been trying to solve pieces of this Trump-Russia puzzle.

But here's the thing -- Speculation actually has value too. It helps open our eyes and our minds to what's possible.

But.... no, right? Nobody here actually thinks that’s a good take, right? Simply publishing speculation at face value is not a good thing for the media or this country. But that’s what the Russiagate reporting was, time and time again.
Speculation has value, sure, but it isn’t journalism. That distinction should mean something.
:adios:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9042 on: March 25, 2019, 12:29:17 PM »
5 people in prison, 37 people/entities charged with crimes. Only the most adamant Trumper could come in here today without seeing the report and shout scoreboard. Especially with how many other investigations are still happening.

Good for you guys I guess?
\

Remember how you guys constantly parroted how nothing was found on the Clinton's, well. except those in their orbit that were charged and convicted for bank fraud, criminal contempt, mail fraud, conspiracy, perjury and tax evasion.   You know, when subpoenaed records just "turned up" two years later on a table all Shazam Blam-O like in the White House??     Plus, a sitting president was impeached and a sitting governor was convicted.

Still didn't stop LibDerp Nation from making the Clinton's icons and pillars of the Democratic party to the point they almost got to bring their criminal racket back to the White House for a second run.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9043 on: March 25, 2019, 12:52:54 PM »
More quoting and replying to me with comments that make no logical sense to what you are quoting. Is bbsn that hard for olds?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9044 on: March 25, 2019, 12:57:03 PM »
More quoting and replying to me with comments that make no logical sense to what you are quoting. Is bbsn that hard for olds?

:lol:  It makes perfect sense. 

Just admit you are extremely disappointed in what appears to be the outcome of the Mueller invstigation.

Now just looking forward to seeing how Barr handles the coming criminal referrals from Congressional Republicans.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9045 on: March 25, 2019, 01:18:05 PM »
I'm in no way disappointed there is no evidence the leader of my country actively worked to alter our election process with a foreign power. Are you insane?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9046 on: March 25, 2019, 01:44:13 PM »
Alright! It brought KSU-Dub back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9047 on: March 25, 2019, 01:51:27 PM »
I'm in no way disappointed there is no evidence the leader of my country actively worked to alter our election process with a foreign power. Are you insane?

:lol:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9048 on: March 25, 2019, 02:05:13 PM »
Rolling Stone’s Matt Taibbi has produced the first (and definitely not the last) post-Mueller autopsy of how journalists disgraced themselves with Russiagate speculation. It’s a long read but worth it. Especially for anyone who genuinely believes that the media on the whole didn’t do anything wrong.

https://taibbi.substack.com/p/russiagate-is-wmd-times-a-million

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9049 on: March 25, 2019, 02:14:55 PM »
Read it until he starts bitching about editorials and snl. Good grief.