Author Topic: Trump owns Russia  (Read 772574 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Trump owns Russia
« Reply #6300 on: July 16, 2018, 01:51:42 PM »
I quit this thread back on page 16 because I got the impression none of this Russia stuff matters.  Questions:

When people talk about Russia being bad or an enemy, do they really just mean Putin?  Like, your regular Russian probably likes the idea of America and would just assume Russia have a lot of the stuff America has, right?

What did/does Russia/Putin have to gain by doing whatever they did to make Trump president?

The press conference is a pretty good indicator of what they gained.  For some reason Trump is very frightened and intimidated by

:frown:

Holy crap.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: July 16, 2018, 01:57:13 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trump owns Russia
« Reply #6303 on: July 16, 2018, 01:59:44 PM »
A couple of months ago the US military killed a bunch of Russian backed mercenaries in Syria.

If you guys believe that type of action is a sustainable path to peace between the two nations.  Fantastic for you I guess, but please leave the rest of us out. 

As the weeks transpire if there’s the wholesale reversal of the march towards Russia by the US and NATO, you guys might have a point.    But as of right now, nothing has really changed.  The encirclement of Russia continues nearly unabated.  But that’s not going to stop the meltdown.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: July 16, 2018, 01:59:56 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: July 16, 2018, 02:00:32 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: July 16, 2018, 02:02:28 PM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: July 16, 2018, 02:02:59 PM »
Incoming dax rant on McCain  :excited:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: July 16, 2018, 02:03:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/senjohnmccain/status/1018919182904299520?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCain has wanted war with Russia for years.

The left is siding with the consummate Neo Con.   He’s one of the reasons along with Clinton, Leon P and Obama we’re involved in that humanitarian disaster in Syria. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: July 16, 2018, 02:04:41 PM »
Incoming dax rant on McCain  :excited:

The New Neo Con now favors a man who has never met a war he didn’t want.

SMDH

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: July 16, 2018, 02:05:22 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: July 16, 2018, 02:11:34 PM »
A couple of months ago the US military killed a bunch of Russian backed mercenaries in Syria.

If you guys believe that type of action is a sustainable path to peace between the two nations.  Fantastic for you I guess, but please leave the rest of us out. 

As the weeks transpire if there’s the wholesale reversal of the march towards Russia by the US and NATO, you guys might have a point.    But as of right now, nothing has really changed.  The encirclement of Russia continues nearly unabated.  But that’s not going to stop the meltdown.

JESUS CHRIST - Russian backed mercs attacked a US installation.  The resulting deaths were the result of repelling the ATTACK.

wtf is really wrong with you?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: July 16, 2018, 02:12:27 PM »
Remember in 2008 when McCain was a huge war monger and just Bush Part 2? 

Now he’s the lefts guy. 

SMDH

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: July 16, 2018, 02:14:34 PM »
Dax - I know you are not one to answer direct questions.

but...

did you vote for McCain/Palin?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Trump owns Russia
« Reply #6315 on: July 16, 2018, 02:17:32 PM »

JESUS CHRIST - Russian backed mercs attacked a US installation.  The resulting deaths were the result of repeeling the ATTACK.

Why are we there to begin with?   

WTF is a matter with you?   Your fucktard got us started in Syria because he “misread” Arab Spring, and then started shipping in Islamic oriented “freedom” fighters and Libyan/Former Yugoslavian weapons. 

Created a power vacuum which gave rise to ISIS, pushed Russia and Iran into the fray.  Which lead to direct Russian intervention. A total clusterfuck thanks to your dumbass.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: July 16, 2018, 02:27:32 PM »
Hi dax, it's me, your IRL bud SB. You are just making yourself look crazier and crazier by the day. It's okay to decide that you don't want to carry water anymore for a president that just put on one of the most embarrassing displays of kowtowing in modern presidential history.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: July 16, 2018, 02:27:46 PM »
I quit this thread back on page 16 because I got the impression none of this Russia stuff matters.  Questions:

When people talk about Russia being bad or an enemy, do they really just mean Putin?  Like, your regular Russian probably likes the idea of America and would just assume Russia have a lot of the stuff America has, right?

What did/does Russia/Putin have to gain by doing whatever they did to make Trump president?

Russia would stand to gain tremendously from a president who would ease sanctions put in place following the annexation of Crimea and a leader willing to curb or jeaprodize NATO.  Whose expansion has long been a threat to Moscow.

Publically subverting our democracy and having the president bend the knee must just be icing on the cake.

T-Y.  What do those sanctions add up to, monetarily or otherwise?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: July 16, 2018, 02:33:45 PM »

Not sure if the first question is actually serious.  Yea, people are talking about the Russian state, not any individual Russian as being hostile to America.  Same with just about any developed country.

On the second, John Oliver I think did a good job explaining this a while back.  Putin is routinely criticized by other countries as well as his own people for sham elections and a government style that undermines individual freedoms.  The more America looks like a dumpster fire, the more Putin can say "see, you think it's really better anywhere else?"  So the more American people fight over the fairness of their own election system, the more Putin can legitimize his own authority in Russia. 

That is a benefit Putin can get from meddling pretty much regardless of who wins.  But Trump makes things even better because he came out with some very isolationist policies during his candidacy.  By refusing to lead a bunch of global initiatives, it creates a vacuum that countries like Russia and China can step into, which allows Putin to gain more power internationally as well.  Trump is also very stupid, so if Putin was going to choose someone to be his adversary, it is a pretty easy call.

1) By "Putin," I mean his government/dictatorship/whatever.  Something that distinguishes him and his crew from the whole physical country of Russia and the people in it.

2) I guess I can see that it would be helpful to make other places look shitty and the one under your leadership not so bad by comparison (and it reinforces #1 that it's just a bad guy and his team that are the bad guys, not the country).  I'm not following so much how that translated into obtaining more world power or having a weaker U.S. adversary.  What are people worried that Putin's Russia is going to do to us?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: July 16, 2018, 02:35:00 PM »

JESUS CHRIST - Russian backed mercs attacked a US installation.  The resulting deaths were the result of repeeling the ATTACK.

Why are we there to begin with?   

WTF is a matter with you?   Your fucktard got us started in Syria because he “misread” Arab Spring, and then started shipping in Islamic oriented “freedom” fighters and Libyan/Former Yugoslavian weapons. 

Created a power vacuum which gave rise to ISIS, pushed Russia and Iran into the fray.  Which lead to direct Russian intervention. A total clusterfuck thanks to your dumbass.

What's to misread about Assad using chemical weapons on his own people? Chemical weapons that he got from Russia, BTW.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: July 16, 2018, 02:38:16 PM »
Hi dax, it's me, your IRL bud SB. You are just making yourself look crazier and crazier by the day. It's okay to decide that you don't want to carry water anymore for a president that just put on one of the most embarrassing displays of kowtowing in modern presidential history.

Wanting good relations with Russia is not crazy. 

What is crazy is the total 180 the left has done.  You now stand shoulder to shoulder with some of the biggest NeoCons in US history and now fully validate people who spied on our Congress, journalists and the American people.   You now hang on every word from people and entities that the left used to despise. 

Had the Obama administration not told the cyber security office to stand down, then you could have had Hillary and cackled through another regime change or even war with Russia.  But your guy effed up, friend, sorry you may not get war with Russia.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: July 16, 2018, 02:43:48 PM »
Can we call the Obama Administration order to the Director of CyberSecurity to stand down in the face of known Russian hacking.

The biggest case of COLUSION with a foreign power in US history? 

Gives a whole new level to the era of post election flexibility.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: July 16, 2018, 02:48:56 PM »
Can we call the Obama Administration order to the Director of CyberSecurity to stand down in the face of known Russian hacking.

The biggest case of COLUSION with a foreign power in US history? 

Gives a whole new level to the era of post election flexibility.

There’s an entire thread dedicated to you raising these concerns.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f