Author Topic: The oscar Technical  (Read 8632 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
The oscar Technical
« on: January 11, 2017, 02:08:58 AM »
Frankly, (no pun intended), BW may or may not have intended to go off and draw a T tonight. But his emotions on the sidelines tell me that he has a control problem in such situations, as evidenced by some of his inexplicable times when, in the last seconds of a game, he calls timeouts and hampers his players from executing what they really need to do. Further, I've seen few coaches who encroach on the floor as much as Weber does, a habit the refs don't like.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: The oscar Technical
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 03:44:51 AM »
did he finally get the technical for being too far out on the floor that trim's been asking?  i really want to believe it was that.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 06:23:54 AM »
did he finally get the technical for being too far out on the floor that trim's been asking?  i really want to believe it was that.

Had to be, there wasn't anything else that would have warranted a T. He was WAY rough ridin' out on the floor. People are acting like the ref was ridiculous for calling it, but I'm sure if you've spent the last four rough ridin' years telling oscar to get off the goddam court, maybe you just can't take it anymore and you snap? I don't blame the guy one bit.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 08:02:15 AM »

Had to be, there wasn't anything else that would have warranted a T. He was WAY rough ridin' out on the floor. People are acting like the ref was ridiculous for calling it, but I'm sure if you've spent the last four rough ridin' years telling oscar to get off the goddam court, maybe you just can't take it anymore and you snap? I don't blame the guy one bit.

Bullshit.  I have seen enough of these scenarios up close to be sure that this call isn't made at that point of the game ever. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 08:06:35 AM »

Bullshit.  I have seen enough of these scenarios up close to be sure that this call isn't made at that point of the game ever.

You're kidding yourself. The first thought I had when oscar got as far out on the court as he did was, "Better back up dude, gonna get a...yep, there it is." It was obvious he was overstepping what's appropriate.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 08:11:34 AM »
If they did not call the tech they for sure could have got him for 3 seconds in the lane.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 08:18:59 AM »

You're kidding yourself. The first thought I had when oscar got as far out on the court as he did was, "Better back up dude, gonna get a...yep, there it is." It was obvious he was overstepping what's appropriate.

I'm not saying he wasn't too far out.  I'm saying it's a call that is never made in that scenario unless it interferes with the play.  Which it didn't.  The "stay in the box" rule is card an official pulls to let the coach know he is done with his badgering bullshit.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 08:26:01 AM »
oscar doesn't go farther on the court or more often than most coaches, we just pay more attention to him because he's a complete goofball on the sideline.

It was a horrendous call.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 08:34:30 AM »
Yes and Beard was just as far out on the previous score for Tech.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 08:47:19 AM »
If they did not call the tech they for sure could have got him for 3 seconds in the lane.
:lol:

he was too far out there and deserved the T, i'm sure he said something too as he appeared slightly upset which equals pissed off in oscar world

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 08:50:19 AM »
Whether he deserved it or not, I don't know. I can say that I've never seen something similar called at the end of a game like that. The foul call on brown that put them on the line was way worse.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 08:55:18 AM »
Closest I remember is Barry Collier throwing a water bottle across the court and getting a T late in what I think was Wooly's third conference road win in 4 seasons or something

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 09:17:11 AM »
oscar doesn't go farther on the court or more often than most coaches, we just pay more attention to him because he's a complete goofball on the sideline.

It was a horrendous call.

Exactly. The baseline ref was 10 feet away from seeing Brown get hit on the head. Doesn't call crap, But as soon as DJamer tries reaching to take the ball back, he blows his whistle immediately.  Then calls the horrendous T.    3 calls/no calls were made within a few seconds, 2 were a joke

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2017, 09:25:42 AM »
I can't disagree with any of the problems with the officials in the last minute or so. I only got to watch the last 10 minutes of the game, so I missed most of the flops. I do think officiating in general is very inconsistent from game to game, but IMO its been like that since I started watching basketball.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2017, 09:35:22 AM »
I missed it last night in all the excitement, but after the T (rip broiler), espn(news?) had cameras iso'd on oscar for at least 2 separate 10-15 second segments.  Lot of #coverage there.

SHAME:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2017, 09:36:38 AM »
Weber has been coaching for too long to be so bad at working the officials.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2017, 09:37:09 AM »

If it was for that, it wasn't of the type I've been calling for.  Play was already dead. 

And it hasn't even been that I want the refs to call a tech just on the principle of him being out there, I want an opposing player to dribble drive into him when he's on their turf.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2017, 09:38:54 AM »
anyone see the postgame handshakes?  whoever was behind oscar, must have said/done something, Chris Beard kinda looked back all wtf at whoever it was.

also, Chris Beard reminds me of Jeff Ross for some reason

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 09:50:57 AM »
Tech coach should have gotten T'd up earlier in the drive. Way more flagrant imo. But oscar fit the bill for a technical there no matter how you slice it, even if you don't think refs should call one in those situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 09:53:00 AM »
What is this based on? Just gut feeling?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2017, 10:23:22 AM »
I missed it last night in all the excitement, but after the T (rip broiler), espn(news?) had cameras iso'd on oscar for at least 2 separate 10-15 second segments.  Lot of #coverage there.

SHAME:

Last night was a calvalcade (sp?) of his wide open mouth confused/scared look.

Offline SEK_EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 10:31:10 AM »
anyone see the postgame handshakes?  whoever was behind oscar, must have said/done something, Chris Beard kinda looked back all wtf at whoever it was.

It was Brad Korn, I believe.  It looked like he was yelling at an official walking off the floor as he was getting in the handshake line. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2017, 10:33:14 AM »

Fat Mark Turgeon, imo.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 10:36:25 AM »
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but color me stunned that people actually think that technical foul was okay to call. I have literally watched thousands of college basketball games throughout my life and I can only recall that happening one other time. Can anyone else think of a time they saw a coach get called for a T in a one possession game with less than a minute left?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 10:40:48 AM »
What is this based on? Just gut feeling?

Gut feeling/watching games.  I would be interested if there was a good way to quantify it though.  I just don't think he rides officials often enough.

We've lost two games on fairly egregious mistakes and maybe it was just a coincidence.  They could also be an effect of playing on the road but I hardly think a half full United Supermarkets Arena is enough to intimidate the refs. If losing close games on officiating mistakes becomes more of a trend, we should look at what contributes to it.  An official willing to call a technical on a coach in the last 6 seconds of a 1 point game alone seems unique enough to warrant a closer look.