Author Topic: what's wrong w/ the country right now?  (Read 35372 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: what's wrong w/ the country right now?
« Reply #425 on: December 21, 2016, 08:55:36 PM »
We have wifi on planes now and we it doesn't work, people freak the eff out. That's how good we have it these days.

I had a business class flight earlier this year when the wifi didn't work, it was a quick flight, Atlanta to Chicago. I wrote an email and United gave me 5000 miles, I was pissed they only gave me 5000.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 21, 2016, 09:12:58 PM »
We have wifi on planes now and we it doesn't work, people freak the eff out. That's how good we have it these days.

I had a business class flight earlier this year when the wifi didn't work, it was a quick flight, Atlanta to Chicago. I wrote an email and United gave me 5000 miles, I was pissed they only gave me 5000.

It really is amazing. How cheap it is to fly compared to thirty years ago and you can watch movies, check internet, etc. chalk another one up for 2016 and on the off chance it doesn't work you get compensated. Wow!

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 21, 2016, 09:21:40 PM »
Maybe there should just be a usage fee for ever-y-thing. Send your kids to school? Pay the fee. Drive across town on public roads? Pay the fee. Build your house in a new neighborhood that needs water/sewer? That's already called a special assessment tax.

I guess that gets kind of messy when you need to use police services though. I read a book where you had to pay any time you used police services and it was a crap show (another Octavia Butler book, "Parable of the Sower", very good).

Why do you hate poor people?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 21, 2016, 09:23:19 PM »
Continue to be pissed off over crap that you can't control then. I don't care. Just stop rough ridin' whining like a child. This place is for entertainment and fun. Take your posting completely over the top to provide some value, or shut the eff up.

Things I can't control? Really? I can vote, for starters.

President Cheeto

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 21, 2016, 09:25:34 PM »
It's been that way for at least 20 years, anyway.

I'm old :cry:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 21, 2016, 09:31:24 PM »
I would drink a beer with Panj and talk Star Wars. That seems like a pretty cool thing that could happen in 2017. It probably won't ever happen because of where we live and our irl social circles, but I probably wouldn't even be aware that particular guy exists out there in this world if this was 20 years ago. I think that's pretty cool.

We need to figure out a way to do this, pmshead.  I would enjoy it very much.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #431 on: December 21, 2016, 09:33:47 PM »
The WSJ has run a nice series of pieces of how hopelessly losery recent college grads are. Like 40% live with their parents and over half are making less than what their parents made at the same age.

So, it would seem, college is becoming pretty worthless. Not good for the libtards largest industry.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 21, 2016, 09:39:47 PM »
I would drink a beer with Panj and talk Star Wars. That seems like a pretty cool thing that could happen in 2017. It probably won't ever happen because of where we live and our irl social circles, but I probably wouldn't even be aware that particular guy exists out there in this world if this was 20 years ago. I think that's pretty cool.

Like, I don't know pmshead or panj from adam irl, but eff if these dweebs aren't poster children for the WSJ series of losery millenials. Socially Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) weirdos pissed off at anyone who isn't a pissed off little weirdo.

Like I always said, if you're ugly and can't play sports just star wars.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 21, 2016, 09:44:49 PM »
The WSJ has run a nice series of pieces of how hopelessly losery recent college grads are. Like 40% live with their parents and over half are making less than what their parents made at the same age.

So, it would seem, college is becoming pretty worthless. Not good for the libtards largest industry.

Isn't college for everyone? Jerry Falwell and Ken Starr are gonna be pissed when they find out.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 21, 2016, 09:46:08 PM »

Those same articles were being published when I went to college, but I agree that it would be great to go back to the day that a college degree meant that you were set for life. If trump can make this happen then he has my vote in 4 years. Given that he has congress etc., I'm guessing he'll make it happen.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: December 21, 2016, 09:47:55 PM »
make college great again?  I'm in

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 21, 2016, 10:07:56 PM »
Continue to be pissed off over crap that you can't control then. I don't care. Just stop rough ridin' whining like a child. This place is for entertainment and fun. Take your posting completely over the top to provide some value, or shut the eff up.

President Cheeto

That's hilarious, how would you like to be called Poster Oreo cookie?
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 21, 2016, 10:12:18 PM »

Isn't college for everyone? Jerry Falwell and Ken Starr are gonna be pissed when they find out.

I didn't see a statistic specific to their respective schools, but. . . NICE STRAW MAN

OMG, LOL

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 21, 2016, 10:31:57 PM »
New fangled sodie crackers that go stale in weeks.  The old ones would be fresh for years.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 21, 2016, 10:40:43 PM »
Read an article today about how more and more seniors - that's senior citizens - are having their retirements impacted by mounting student loan debt, either their own or that of their worthless kids. Either way, it's crazy. The liberal debt-dealers have done an amazing job shackling people with massive student loans for largely worthless degrees. It should be criminal - instead it is somehow perfectly acceptable. The liberals will fight tooth and nail to prop up their indoctrination centers, even as it ruins lives.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 10:44:06 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 21, 2016, 10:46:00 PM »
Read an article today about how more and more seniors - that's senior citizens - are having their retirements impacted by mounting student loan debt, either their own or that of their worthless kids. Either way, it's crazy. The liberal debt-dealers have done an amazing job shackling people with massive student loans for largely worthless degrees. It should be criminal - instead it is somehow perfectly acceptable. The liberals will fight tooth and nail to prop up their indoctrination centers, even as it ruins lives.

In another time it would be called indentured servitude. In any other industry it would be called predatory lending.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 21, 2016, 10:49:27 PM »

Like, I don't know pmshead or panj from adam irl, but eff if these dweebs aren't poster children for the WSJ series of losery millenials. Socially Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) weirdos pissed off at anyone who isn't a pissed off little weirdo.

Like I always said, if you're ugly and can't play sports just star wars.

This is very, very funny.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 21, 2016, 11:50:28 PM »

President Cheeto

No one reacts to your posts like this because you're dull.

Offline gatoveintisiet

• Combo-Fan
  • the maverick
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: December 22, 2016, 12:17:43 AM »

President Cheeto

No one reacts to your posts like this because you're dull.

Was more making a point to you than looking for a reaction or trying to entertain, but it's pretty great that the same guy that comes up with President cheeto calls me dull.
You are dipping into the Kool Aid and you don't even know what flavor it is.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 22, 2016, 07:41:40 AM »
Mods we need one of those world cloud things for FSD

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 22, 2016, 08:50:36 AM »

This is great and this is how you do it folks. I've had like 2 round trips for free, just for complaining over petty stuff.

The Big Train

« Reply #446 on: December 22, 2016, 09:11:50 AM »
Mods we need one of those world cloud things for FSD

I think we've all grown in the ~2 years since those things.  We should all get an updated one IMO

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 22, 2016, 09:20:37 AM »

This is great and this is how you do it folks. I've had like 2 round trips for free, just for complaining over petty stuff.

people whining and demanding free stuff doesn't seem very MAGA

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 22, 2016, 09:28:41 AM »

Lock this thread up, this is what is wrong with the country now.
:adios:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 22, 2016, 09:38:42 AM »
You gotta know how to work the system folks. Don't be a hater, be a congratulater.