Author Topic: what's wrong w/ the country right now?  (Read 34697 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: what's wrong w/ the country right now?
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2016, 04:31:43 PM »
I mean make America great again? are you kidding me? I do NOT want to go back to when the only pizza games in town were godfathers and pizza hut and both were like $14 for a large and they never ever had royals5 or anything similar. no thanks, trump. go home, dufus.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2016, 04:32:01 PM »
So get this. My grandparents used to buy these huge encyclopedia sets that cost a ton of money but if you want to know immediately what the population of India was that was the only way you could find out.

Now I don't even need to get off the couch to google "What is the population of india" on my smartphone!

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2016, 04:33:47 PM »
Yeti branded stuff

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2016, 04:37:54 PM »
So get this. My grandparents used to buy these huge encyclopedia sets that cost a ton of money but if you want to know immediately what the population of India was that was the only way you could find out.

Now I don't even need to get off the couch to google "What is the population of india" on my smartphone!

real life thing that happened on my couch last night!....

I'm on my phone and see something that says free hbogo for a month for amazon prime members. five minutes later I'm watching westworld. ON MY PHONE! ON MY COUCH! FOR FREE!!!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2016, 04:39:04 PM »
Women have to bring clear bags to football games because we think they might be terrorists or something.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2016, 04:39:56 PM »
I can't even get on an airplane without having to take my shoes off first.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2016, 04:40:21 PM »

advert on gE.com

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2016, 04:43:30 PM »
another really nice thing- the true cost of flying is about 50% what it was 30-40 years ago. that is like half as much, you guys. AMERICA!

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2016, 04:44:52 PM »

Speaking of which, what should I do with a set of Encyclopedias that I inherited?

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2016, 04:45:59 PM »
also, you can get lasik for like $19.95 now or something. goodbye glasses. get lost. go back to 1984 or the mayflower or whatever where you're actually wanted.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2016, 04:48:44 PM »
McDonald's price has gone up like 2 dollars since I was in high school for the same value meal
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2016, 04:48:52 PM »

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 19, 2016, 04:50:26 PM »
:lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 19, 2016, 04:50:45 PM »
McDonald's price has gone up like 2 dollars since I was in high school for the same value meal

bfast 24/7 tho

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2016, 04:51:02 PM »
JBC's used to be like .99 cents at Wendy's and now they've practically doubled in price.  :curse:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 19, 2016, 04:51:29 PM »

Speaking of which, what should I do with a set of Encyclopedias that I inherited?

I saved one set of some type of "Geography Encyclopedia" from the early 60's. Kind of interesting to go back and read the wikipedia pages of countries 50 years later.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 19, 2016, 04:52:00 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2016, 05:20:48 PM »
Your graphs stop at 2014. So that's probably ok then.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/09/26/violent-crime-and-murders-both-went-up-in-2015-fbi-says/?utm_term=.eea462d925b6

I might add ""Fact Checking" organization are increasingly partisan, both in the issues they choose to evaluate and how they evaluate them" to the list.

violent crime rates are 50% less than they were 25 years ago. you are delusional.

You might go back and read what I said. You also might stop and ask yourself, WGAF what violent crime was like 25 years ago if violent crime is suddenly on the rise now? If there was a sudden measles epidemic in this country, people wouldn't be saying "yeah, but compared to the 1800s...."
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2016, 05:21:36 PM »
Nfl ratings are down, country sucks now

I'm disappointed you didn't get the joke here Lib7 - I thought you would.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2016, 05:23:05 PM »
People moving back into their parents' house after they get their participation certificate from college.

That's actually a good one I overlooked. Better update the list.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2016, 05:24:09 PM »
I mean make America great again? are you kidding me? I do NOT want to go back to when the only pizza games in town were godfathers and pizza hut and both were like $14 for a large and they never ever had royals5 or anything similar. no thanks, trump. go home, dufus.

Oh, that's another good one. Obesity.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 19, 2016, 05:25:06 PM »
Nfl ratings are down, country sucks now

I'm disappointed you didn't get the joke here Lib7 - I thought you would.

And get rid of that pink crap in October, this isn't the gfl

Online cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2016, 05:25:30 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/09/26/violent-crime-and-murders-both-went-up-in-2015-fbi-says/?utm_term=.eea462d925b6

I might add ""Fact Checking" organization are increasingly partisan, both in the issues they choose to evaluate and how they evaluate them" to the list.

violent crime rates are 50% less than they were 25 years ago. you are delusional.

You might go back and read what I said. You also might stop and ask yourself, WGAF what violent crime was like 25 years ago if violent crime is suddenly on the rise now? If there was a sudden measles epidemic in this country, people wouldn't be saying "yeah, but compared to the 1800s...."

One data point out of 25 is statically an anomaly until proven a trend? Also, perspective matters :dunno: so many false equivalencies.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2016, 05:33:43 PM »

I'm not quite sure why you are comparing a hypothetical non existent "sudden rise" in violent crime to a hypothetical non existent "sudden measles epidemic", but it does make for an interesting read. now do hypothetical alien invasion and pretend people that have all recently lost insurance coverage due to obamacare.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2016, 05:40:03 PM »

real life thing that happened on my couch last night!....

I'm on my phone and see something that says free hbogo for a month for amazon prime members. five minutes later I'm watching westworld. ON MY PHONE! ON MY COUCH! FOR FREE!!!
:excited: this is why I read pit threads that blowup quickly