Author Topic: what's wrong w/ the country right now?  (Read 34676 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Re: what's wrong w/ the country right now?
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2016, 05:59:24 PM »
Everyone is freaking out about how awful 2016 has been while 1968 is sitting in the corner sipping a whiskey having a good ole fashioned belly laugh.

Stupid Millennials.

The Big Train

« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2016, 06:10:26 PM »
Mods who forgot to reboot during non-business hours

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 19, 2016, 06:18:07 PM »
There was a new Ghostbusters made with all women. I guess the Old Ghostbusters just wasn't good enough anymore.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 19, 2016, 06:21:45 PM »
Movie quality, with a few exceptions, is def a major thing wrong w the country.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2016, 09:50:26 PM »
Your graphs stop at 2014. So that's probably ok then.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/09/26/violent-crime-and-murders-both-went-up-in-2015-fbi-says/?utm_term=.eea462d925b6

I might add ""Fact Checking" organization are increasingly partisan, both in the issues they choose to evaluate and how they evaluate them" to the list.

violent crime rates are 50% less than they were 25 years ago. you are delusional.

You might go back and read what I said. You also might stop and ask yourself, WGAF what violent crime was like 25 years ago if violent crime is suddenly on the rise now? If there was a sudden measles epidemic in this country, people wouldn't be saying "yeah, but compared to the 1800s...."

One data point out of 25 is statically an anomaly until proven a trend? Also, perspective matters :dunno: so many false equivalencies.

No that's fine, go ahead and pretend this is just an anomaly, and there is no connection to the wave of riots sweeping thru the cities this year. Jussssst an anomaly.

Daris you're making pretty much the same point but I'm not going to respond separately because you're just butthurt about getting burned by politifact.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:00:52 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2016, 10:22:07 PM »
if the next data point ticks back down, can we relax or should we sustain the panic?

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2016, 10:26:18 PM »
Everything is fine now.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2016, 10:28:17 PM »
mass incarceration kinda sucks

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2016, 11:02:21 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/09/26/violent-crime-and-murders-both-went-up-in-2015-fbi-says/?utm_term=.eea462d925b6

I might add ""Fact Checking" organization are increasingly partisan, both in the issues they choose to evaluate and how they evaluate them" to the list.

violent crime rates are 50% less than they were 25 years ago. you are delusional.

You might go back and read what I said. You also might stop and ask yourself, WGAF what violent crime was like 25 years ago if violent crime is suddenly on the rise now? If there was a sudden measles epidemic in this country, people wouldn't be saying "yeah, but compared to the 1800s...."

One data point out of 25 is statically an anomaly until proven a trend? Also, perspective matters :dunno: so many false equivalencies.

No that's fine, go ahead and pretend this is just an anomaly, and there is no connection to the wave of riots sweeping thru the cities this year. Jussssst an anomaly.

Daris you're making pretty much the same point but I'm not going to respond separately because you're just butthurt about getting burned by politifact.

Trends matter. It is an anomaly until proven a trend. Like, seriously how thick can you be? I'm not arguing it went up, but just one year doesn't mean that crime consistently is going up. It may very well continue to go up, but you cant make assumptions that one year up is a trend. And yes, a series of riotous events is rather anomalous to the trends over the last 25 years. You seriously are really bad at this. 1 data point in the up direction does not mean a trend up in crime. If it goes up but 10% the next 3-4 years. I'll be more than happy to fully agree with you. And how can you be pissed at an FBI source? Or you just dont trust anything anymore. You can just cop out butthurtness to try to prove the a point. Show me the alternative history trend that supports your point.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2016, 11:59:25 PM »
is the fbi libtarded or was that the cia?  maybe both?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2016, 05:21:44 AM »

Trends matter. It is an anomaly until proven a trend. Like, seriously how thick can you be? I'm not arguing it went up, but just one year doesn't mean that crime consistently is going up. It may very well continue to go up, but you cant make assumptions that one year up is a trend. And yes, a series of riotous events is rather anomalous to the trends over the last 25 years. You seriously are really bad at this. 1 data point in the up direction does not mean a trend up in crime. If it goes up but 10% the next 3-4 years. I'll be more than happy to fully agree with you. And how can you be pissed at an FBI source? Or you just dont trust anything anymore. You can just cop out butthurtness to try to prove the a point. Show me the alternative history trend that supports your point.

I didn't say it would continue to go up. Perhaps race relations and police relations will improve under Trump and violent crime will resume its decline. The simple fact, and only fact, I was making is that there has been a recent uptick in violent crime. That's not a good thing. To pretend it is an anomaly unconnected to current events is DUMB. But keep on going....
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2016, 09:12:00 AM »
Alright. So get this.

Not every K-State game used to be on TV! Like even recently! Member 2003 when we won the Big 12 title? (I member!) Well only half our regular season games were on TV!

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2016, 09:30:33 AM »

I didn't say it would continue to go up. Perhaps race relations and police relations will improve under Drumpf and violent crime will resume its decline. The simple fact, and only fact, I was making is that there has been a recent uptick in violent crime. That's not a good thing. To pretend it is an anomaly unconnected to current events is DUMB. But keep on going....

You and I have different definitions of an anomaly. You are assuming I'm meaning that the recent rise has no basis in reality and that it's random that crime has gone up. I'm not. What I'm saying is statistically, you cannot make the events of 1 year when out of the last 25 as the trend for it all. If next year and the year after and the year after it continues to climb, then yes, we have a trend set and the uptick wasn't statistically an anomaly. If it goes back down that it'll be one bump in the road and everyone 5-10 years from now will go "oh, what happened then? That sticks out like a sore thumb! 2015 must have been a anomalous year out of the whole thing!" Of course it went up due to recent violence, but it's anomalous to think statistically it matters. If it goes back down, it will literally, statistically be an anomaly. An anomaly doesn't mean there isn't any reason, just a difference outside of a trend, But go on, tell me how I am stupid and don't know statistics. You're being intelligently dishonest in thinking I don't realize that.

After all, it is anomalous wouldn't you agree that after 7 years of the current administration, while you may think things have gotten more crazy, the statistics didn't show any of that, and then it just happens to go up the last year? 7 data points in my court, 1 in yours. You tell me which is the odd year. It should be noted that it does need to be monitored, but until proven a trend, it is an anomaly to the data set so far.

A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »
school lunches are gross af

this might be true and it might not be. source-one of my kids eats the school lunch every day and loves it. the other has never eaten it and won't for the forseeable future.

fact check ruling-need more data

I'm five pages late on this, but I had lunch with my son a couple of months ago, and that chicken fried steak was the best I've had outside of Strouds.

Ruling: School lunches are good!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2016, 09:32:57 AM »
this is excellent to hear.  fact checker currently snarfing down data leaning towards "fake news"

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2016, 09:34:01 AM »

I didn't say it would continue to go up. Perhaps race relations and police relations will improve under Drumpf and violent crime will resume its decline. The simple fact, and only fact, I was making is that there has been a recent uptick in violent crime. That's not a good thing. To pretend it is an anomaly unconnected to current events is DUMB. But keep on going....

You and I have different definitions of an anomaly. You are assuming I'm meaning that the recent rise has no basis in reality and that it's random that crime has gone up. I'm not. What I'm saying is statistically, you cannot make the events of 1 year when out of the last 25 as the trend for it all. If next year and the year after and the year after it continues to climb, then yes, we have a trend set and the uptick wasn't statistically an anomaly. If it goes back down that it'll be one bump in the road and everyone 5-10 years from now will go "oh, what happened then? That sticks out like a sore thumb! 2015 must have been a anomalous year out of the whole thing!" Of course it went up due to recent violence, but it's anomalous to think statistically it matters. If it goes back down, it will literally, statistically be an anomaly. An anomaly doesn't mean there isn't any reason, just a difference outside of a trend, But go on, tell me how I am stupid and don't know statistics. You're being intelligently dishonest in thinking I don't realize that.

After all, it is anomalous wouldn't you agree that after 7 years of the current administration, while you may think things have gotten more crazy, the statistics didn't show any of that, and then it just happens to go up the last year? 7 data points in my court, 1 in yours. You tell me which is the odd year. It should be noted that it does need to be monitored, but until proven a trend, it is an anomaly to the data set so far.

It didn't even go up enough to stick out on the bigger graph. There might be some merit in suggesting that the graph covers too long of a time period, though.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2016, 09:40:05 AM »
There's like a really depressing version of "We Didn't Start the Fire: 2017 Edition" brewing in this thread.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2016, 09:42:18 AM »
Violent crime will probably continue to rise with trump's violent and racist rhetoric. It's not statistically anomalous that crime started to trend up when he gained popularity among the low iq crowd.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2016, 09:42:28 AM »
"Jeff Sessions, FBI, the new President's a racist guy. School lunches, climate change, Starbucks has us in a rage. No Nintendos in the stores, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!"

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2016, 09:43:25 AM »
Violent crime will probably continue to rise with trump's violent and racist rhetoric. It's not statistically anomalous that crime started to trend up when he gained popularity among the low iq crowd.

Well, when you plunge the toilet, it isn't clean water that comes back up, lib.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2016, 09:46:43 AM »
Where do you get the un-biased stats K-S-U?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2016, 09:55:22 AM »
Where do you get the un-biased stats K-S-U?

AngryPatriotAmerica!BaldEagleJesus.com

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2016, 09:58:15 AM »
There is literally no aspect of life from 20 years ago that is better than what we have in 2016. We are blessed, friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2016, 10:15:55 AM »
There is literally no aspect of life from 20 years ago that is better than what we have in 2016. We are blessed, friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one thing that is absolutely worse is the cost of skiing. I remember when you could stop at a dillons in Denver and get $35 tickets to breck.  :frown: