Author Topic: students/place to live next year  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
students/place to live next year
« on: May 11, 2010, 07:52:22 AM »
does anyone on here need a four or five bedroom place to live in mhk next year? if so, let me know. what do you get out of it?

1)place to live
2)invite to all pak'rs
3)mystery gift

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: students/place to live next year
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 07:59:37 AM »
what's the rent?  i'm might be convinced to quit my high paying career in KC to come back and reopen KJ DJamer's.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:07:54 AM »
what's the rent?  i'm might be convinced to quit my high paying career in KC to come back and reopen KJ DJamer's.

that's a good question clams. i'd say negotiable. the person who owns is currently getting 1300/month for this five bedroom/2 bath/washer dryer included house. he'd probably be willing to take less though. plus you have to consider all the 'pak invites and mystery gift.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 08:31:08 AM »
i wouldn't pay $1,300.  seems too high.  what i'm really saying is that $1,300/month is too damn high.  a typical collegiate style bedroom should go for no more than $200/month.  i've run the numbers and it seems like $1,300/month is outside of what i think a typical 5 bedroom collegiate style house should be renting for.   i'm going to go back here and crunch some more numbers and see if i can make this work but it might be time to get out the pencil sharpener on your end and see what you can make happen as well. 

consider too that i will have more wonderful girls working for me @ (new) KJ DJamer's and probably staying on my couch all time time, etc, that you might want to spend a little time over at my new bachelor pad.  interesting huh?  who holds all the cards now, yes i know, i do.  i imagine that if i let you come over, etc, and etc, then you might recon on the asking price.  i imagine i'm pretty damn correct. 

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 08:51:57 AM »
 :nono:  the guy (possibly me) who owns it is married.

also, 1,000/month would be the lowest he'd be willing to go and i'm not 100% sure that he'd even go there. like i said, he's received 1,300 the past few years. he does have a ton of airline miles though and would consider flying one or maybe even two of the renters roundtrip to anywhere in the continental us or mexico/carribean. please pm if interested or respond in this thread w/ questions. tia.

Offline gowildcatwildcat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »

what and propose to your girlfriend in the boxing ring  :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 08:59:17 AM »

what and propose to your girlfriend in the boxing ring  :lol:

we used to go in there to have fake wrestling matches and get kicked out. good times.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:02:07 AM »
what's the rent?  i'm might be convinced to quit my high paying career in KC to come back and reopen KJ DJamer's.

what and propose to your girlfriend in the boxing ring  :lol:
imagine how romantic that would be, i could have some of the wonderful girls that work for me line the ring with roses and other assorted flowers.   might not be a bad idea to have 18+ night and do $.50 wells, that way the place is PACKED and ROCKING.  first thing is first, i need to get down to MHK ASAP and begin scoping out new locations for KJ DJamer's Deuce then hire a ton of wonderful young girls to begin working for me.  hopefully one of them will become mama clams!!! J/K!!    :-)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 09:03:34 AM »
also,  i think we should have 5 random posters from this board rent out RD's place.  we could set up webcams at RD's place and have them blog about the place here.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 09:04:58 AM »
also,  i think we should have 5 random posters from this board rent out RD's place.  we could set up webcams at RD's place and have them blog about the place here.

this would really be amazing. i/he really would let it go for less than a thousand if this happened. maybe even just one webcam in the living room.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 09:11:29 AM »
surely we could find 5 absolute studs from this site who would be willing to participate in this undertaking.

The42Yardstick

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 10:22:17 AM »
I'd pay up to 500 w/utilities :gocho:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 10:36:18 AM »
I'd pay up to 500 w/utilities :gocho:
it's a legit five bedroom house though. you probably wouldn't want it. elctric/gas bills would be pretty high for one person. find four roomates though and you could probably live for free.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 10:47:32 AM »
Hey rick, I will be property manager for this house.  I would take two (2) crisp hundos ($100 bills) at the end of each month for this.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 10:49:09 AM »
attn: rick- i'm going to be co-property manager for this house with KATKID.  i will also take two (2) crisp hudos at the end of each month.  tia.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 10:51:13 AM »
Hey rick, I will be property manager for this house.  I would take two (2) crisp hundos ($100 bills) at the end of each month for this.

if you can find people to live in it and sign a year august to august lease then i will give you four crisp hundos. no lie.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 10:54:46 AM »
rent it cheap to bball team members.  with the webcam and pak'r invites.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 12:16:51 PM »
attn: rick- i'm going to be co-property manager for this house with KATKID.  i will also take two (2) crisp hudos at the end of each month.  tia.

You should pull a Ned Wigglesworth and move back and tend bar.  Loved Ned.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 12:20:23 PM »
KJ DJamer's Deus is accepting appys, pls check pm.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2010, 01:01:21 PM »
Not going to lie, I'm getting pretty jealous of a lot of posters in this thread.

Rick, what does it take (ballpark) to purchase this sort of investment property in an ideal locale in MHK?  Also, KK what would it take for you to be property manager of two (2) houses in MHK?  Discounts available for volume?  TIA.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2010, 01:17:29 PM »
Not going to lie, I'm getting pretty jealous of a lot of posters in this thread.

Rick, what does it take (ballpark) to purchase this sort of investment property in an ideal locale in MHK?  Also, KK what would it take for you to be property manager of two (2) houses in MHK?  Discounts available for volume?  TIA.

the county appraised it @156,000. the canadian friend of mine that owns it would be willing to sell it for @130,000.

if anybody is interested in renting or buying he is willing to listen to any/all reasonable offers. example-instead of two roundtrip plane tickets, he would be willing (probably) to sell you a perfectly running ten year old car for one dollar w/ signed one year rental agreement.    :surprised:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 02:04:22 PM »
this canadian guy sounds like a pushover in negotiating.  i wonder how low he can be balled?   :surprised:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 02:33:32 PM »
this canadian guy sounds like a pushover in negotiating.  i wonder how low he can be balled?   :surprised:

pretty low. he's canadian.

yoga-like_abana

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 02:44:53 PM »