Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049706 times)

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #14625 on: August 27, 2020, 01:58:58 PM »
One thing for sure, our massive bureaucracy simply cannot function unless the President sits in on every meeting.

That is a stupid response.  If the President is scheduled to be part of a major meeting, the rest of the participants are not going to start the meeting without him. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14626 on: August 27, 2020, 01:59:22 PM »
One thing for sure, our massive bureaucracy simply cannot function unless the President sits in on every meeting.

Agreed Dax.  Any meeting would go a lot better without Trump there.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14627 on: August 27, 2020, 02:04:04 PM »

Phil, you should know better than any that the vast majority of individuals attending most meetings are completely worthless and it's a total waste of time, particularly in government.

All those people are going to do is just discuss lists of things that are already known, understood and already in action.

Emergency managers don't plan what to do after the event has already occurred.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14628 on: August 27, 2020, 02:16:26 PM »

lol.  Truth.  I bet they all quietly sigh when he waddles in late

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14629 on: August 27, 2020, 02:17:56 PM »
Weird flexing from the board weirdos

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14630 on: August 27, 2020, 02:40:01 PM »

Like, he is all sweaty and out of breath and smells like mcdonalds fryer grease...

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14631 on: August 27, 2020, 03:18:31 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14633 on: August 27, 2020, 03:44:44 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought for sure i read that for the first time ever, less than 50% of Americans now identify as Christian

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14634 on: August 27, 2020, 03:49:45 PM »
Man, the religiously unaffiliated are vastly under representated
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #14635 on: August 27, 2020, 03:51:29 PM »
Man, the religiously unaffiliated are vastly under representated

I'd guess a significant number of the affiliated congress people are just throwing out something representative of their voting base

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14636 on: August 27, 2020, 05:12:23 PM »

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #14637 on: August 28, 2020, 01:16:08 AM »
Holy crap! I hadn't watched the RNC speeches (or read any additional transcripts) but what in the actual eff?! Mock the Dems all you want but who in the eff thought having DJTjr and Kimberly Guilfoyle give speeches was a good idea?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14638 on: August 28, 2020, 10:52:42 AM »
Man, first Vlad Putin absolutely and repeatedly rips the cords against the previous administration and the world's largest military-intelligence-domestic law enforcement complex.

Now a bunch of derps are gonna go yard on the same trillion dollar complex during this administration?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14639 on: August 28, 2020, 11:09:46 AM »
Senior DHS officials said they dealt with two constants from the White House: constant pressure to deliver on immigration, and constant chaos.

The official also said he got much more helpful information on threats from the far right from the Anti-Defamation League than from DHS — particularly its material on Boogaloo, a coterie of extremists trying to incite a race war.

“They only have a handful of analysts at the ADL, and their handful of analysts put together a better product that the entire DHS,” the official said.

The Center for Strategic and International Studies — a centrist Washington think tank known for its focus on international affairs and defense technology — released a briefing in June of this year concluding that the most significant terror threat to the U.S. appears to come from white supremacists. Right-wing extremists were responsible for two-thirds of terror attacks and plots in the U.S. last year, it found, and for 90 percent in the first four months of 2020.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/26/trump-domestic-extemism-homeland-security-401926

@ThirdPartyVoters

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14640 on: August 30, 2020, 06:06:44 PM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14641 on: August 31, 2020, 07:03:39 AM »
That's profound from Gov. Let it Burn Evers

Just another completely and likely purposefully inept Dem Governor.

Sad

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14642 on: August 31, 2020, 07:34:59 AM »
-Thanks to Don Trump for a bold step in bringing peace to the Middle East with the UAE-Israeli agreement

-Big thanks to Don Trump's DOJ for rescuing those kids being trafficked in Georgia

-In a sad note, citizens of Libya, after nearly a decade reeling from the disastrous intervention/burn it down policy of the Obama administration are pining for the return of the Q/Gaddafi regime.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 07:48:07 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14643 on: August 31, 2020, 07:44:11 AM »
Should cross post . . .  who could have possibly seen this coming?   But Cuomo and DeBlasio did a great job, just ask the Libs and they'll tell you.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/30/nyregion/nyc-suburbs-housing-demand.html

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14644 on: August 31, 2020, 08:42:41 AM »
-Thanks to Don Trump for a bold step in bringing peace to the Middle East with the UAE-Israeli agreement

Not that I think what he's trying to do w/ other gulf states and Israel is a poor decision, why do you describe it as peace in the Middle East? From what I've read it's more about aligning against Iran. I mean it's great for Israel, but I don't see an end game of peace in the Middle East, just shuffling alliances. You could make the argument that it makes military confrontation with Iran more likely the further they are isolated and given conditions that are non-starters to them, didn't they attack the Saudi's not too long ago?

Emboldened by tarmac cash, Iran has spread terror across the ME.

Iran has not stopped developing their long range missile program for one minute, and now they have a new set of missiles coming online that threaten the entire ME and beyond.   

Iran is also an avowed Russian client state.   That alone should have the LibraCons all horned up.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 08:48:26 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14645 on: August 31, 2020, 08:52:56 AM »
Don't forget their budding ties to China. Should we thank Trump for that as well?

Budding?   :lol: :lol:

Should we add the North Koreans as well?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14646 on: August 31, 2020, 09:46:55 AM »

Not that I think what he's trying to do w/ other gulf states and Israel is a poor decision, why do you describe it as peace in the Middle East? From what I've read it's more about aligning against Iran. I mean it's great for Israel, but I don't see an end game of peace in the Middle East, just shuffling alliances. You could make the argument that it makes military confrontation with Iran more likely the further they are isolated and given conditions that are non-starters to them, didn't they attack the Saudi's not too long ago?

Iran has not stopped developing their long range missile program for one minute, and now they have a new set of missiles coming online that threaten the entire ME and beyond.   

Iran is also an avowed Russian client state.   That alone should have the LibraCons all horned up.

So why should we re-elect?  It's been 4 years...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14647 on: August 31, 2020, 10:06:52 AM »

So why should we re-elect?  It's been 4 years...

Remember, you guys lost your crap because we were going to have WWIII vs Iran after killing one Iranian terrorist.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #14648 on: September 01, 2020, 12:09:42 AM »
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1300620978305736704?s=19

Even the most friendly of interviews are disasters
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7