Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1049412 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #600 on: January 06, 2017, 08:41:10 PM »
1 or 2% is probably doable, before you drive money out, but any notion that mexico wouldn't retaliate to extract equivalent flows from us capital is possibly even stupider.

The tax just got 10% higher!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #601 on: January 06, 2017, 09:42:25 PM »
1 or 2% is probably doable, before you drive money out, but any notion that mexico wouldn't retaliate to extract equivalent flows from us capital is possibly even stupider.

The western union fee is more than that in most the wire transactions they process you ignorant ass. You have no idea what you're talking about.

There's a reason there's a brand new "money store" on every corner of the barrio, and it's not because of the hot commercial lending opportunities.  They charge $30 to wire $200 to mexico, and they do it all rough ridin' day, 24/7/365.

You people should take a cruze outside taupeville suburban usa once in a while.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 06, 2017, 10:07:33 PM »
The western union fee is more than that in most the wire transactions they process you ignorant ass. You have no idea what you're talking about.

There's a reason there's a brand new "money store" on every corner of the barrio, and it's not because of the hot commercial lending opportunities.  They charge $30 to wire $200 to mexico, and they do it all rough ridin' day, 24/7/365.

as i mentioned a few posts up, i remit money to mexico fairly regularly, so i have a pretty good idea of what it costs.  it's fairly obvious that you don't.  apparently you are also incapable of figuring out how easy it is to transfer money through other channels.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 06, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »
what other channels exist to remit to mexico?  CC thread level stuff?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 06, 2017, 10:15:02 PM »
I thought it was obvious from the first mention of Mexico paying for the wall that it wouldn't be a check written to the US from the Mexican government, but I was wrong.

A temporary 10% tax on money (remittances) wired to Mexico and Central America from the US could generate at least $2 billion a year until it's paid off.

Bitcoin would go bananas. 

The Big Train

« Reply #605 on: January 06, 2017, 10:19:47 PM »
I thought it was obvious from the first mention of Mexico paying for the wall that it wouldn't be a check written to the US from the Mexican government, but I was wrong.

A temporary 10% tax on money (remittances) wired to Mexico and Central America from the US could generate at least $2 billion a year until it's paid off.

Bitcoin would go bananas.

its already been going bananas

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 06, 2017, 10:22:28 PM »
More bananas!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 06, 2017, 10:22:50 PM »

for me?  i'd probably just set up a new checking account at a us bank, send an atm card to the person i currently send money to and just deposit money there instead of sending it.

if i didn't want to do that i could send the money to a person in a third country and have them send it to the mexican party.  or deposit enough money into that person's account when visiting mx, or send physical money with a friend or relative, or send the money when i am, or a friend or relative is, visiting a third country.  or set up a bank account in a third country for the mexican party and then remit the money to that account.

of course if this tax actually existed, it'd rapidly bring into existences businesses in third countries that would process payments and then resend them to mexico for some fee lower than the tax.  not to mention bitcoin and other blockchain cryptocurrency crap that i don't really understand but which, as i understand it, could be purposed to transfer money.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 06, 2017, 10:24:23 PM »

as i mentioned a few posts up, i remit money to mexico fairly regularly, so i have a pretty good idea of what it costs.  it's fairly obvious that you don't.  apparently you are also incapable of figuring out how easy it is to transfer money through other channels.

You should do tutorials in the barrio wonderdumbstick. How to send money from the u.s. to Mexico when sender or the recipient doesn't have a bank account.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 10:30:55 PM by Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 06, 2017, 10:24:43 PM »
The cryptocurrency is on your phone and at no fee

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 06, 2017, 10:26:32 PM »

for me?  i'd probably just set up a new checking account at a us bank, send an atm card to the person i currently send money to and just deposit money there instead of sending it.

if i didn't want to do that i could send the money to a person in a third country and have them send it to the mexican party.  or deposit enough money into that person's account when visiting mx, or send physical money with a friend or relative, or send the money when i am, or a friend or relative is, visiting a third country.  or set up a bank account in a third country for the mexican party and then remit the money to that account.

of course if this tax actually existed, it'd rapidly bring into existences businesses in third countries that would process payments and then resend them to mexico for some fee lower than the tax.  not to mention bitcoin and other blockchain cryptocurrency crap that i don't really understand but which, as i understand it, could be purposed to transfer money.

Only like 90% of people regularly wiring money to mexico can't do any of this.   :lol:

The Big Train

« Reply #611 on: January 06, 2017, 10:29:15 PM »
The cryptocurrency is on your phone and at no fee

well, technically depends on what exchange you are using, but pennies on the dollar comparatively

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 06, 2017, 10:32:13 PM »
Only like 90% of people regularly wiring money to mexico can't do any of this.   :lol:

you have a very unsophisticated and erroneous concept of who is regularly wiring money to mexico and their financial and social capacities.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 06, 2017, 10:40:37 PM »

you have a very unsophisticated and erroneous concept of who is regularly wiring money to mexico and their financial and social capacities.

I see no reason to get a pay day loan when I can simply take an advance on my HELOC. Anyone who wouldn't do that is unsophisticated. -SysAntoinette

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 06, 2017, 10:44:36 PM »
Why would anyone buy groceries at quik trip or dollar general when it's so much cheaper at hy-vee?
-SysAntoinette

It makes no financial sense to borrow money from a title loan company when my credit union is lending at 2.99% (apr of course)
-SysAntoinette

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 06, 2017, 10:55:53 PM »
Drunk fsd = best fsd

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 06, 2017, 11:09:02 PM »
Drunk fsd = best fsd

it's inspired me to switch to scotch for the remainder of the evening

The Big Train

« Reply #617 on: January 06, 2017, 11:22:07 PM »
Drunk fsd = best fsd

it's inspired me to switch to scotch for the remainder of the evening

still an uphill battle

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #618 on: January 07, 2017, 09:18:55 AM »
Sys, what you have to remember is that fsd and ksuw have intensely negative and false characterizations of poor people because they don't believe you are fully human unless you are a fetus or you are upper middle class.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 07, 2017, 09:52:33 AM »
If you want to pretend that a $50B industry designed exclusively for ripping poor people off doesnt exist, or that my acknowledgment of its prolific existence is somehow denigrating to poor people, well then you should do just that. It makes you look incredibly ignorant.

Almost as ignorant as thinking someone is going to establish a new checking account (when they can't), or send money through a third party intermediary in another country (which is reckless and insane), in order to save $20 on the few hundred bucks they infrequently wire to mexico.

You guys are way out of school here.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 07, 2017, 11:05:46 AM »
I love that the person who actually sends money is the one who apparently doesn't know what he is talking about, according to a couple of guys who almost surely have never sent money anywhere other than to their broker or the water company.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 07, 2017, 11:13:18 AM »
Also the guy that used to live in Mexico is being told to get out of taupeville suburban usa by the guy who lives in joco
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 07, 2017, 11:17:02 AM »
A 10% tax would be as inelastic as a 10% gas or cigarette tax

mind-bogglingly ignorant.

You forgot, ". . . But I can't get into how ignorant that is here."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 07, 2017, 11:34:39 AM »
Also the guy that used to live in Mexico is being told to get out of taupeville suburban usa by the guy who lives in joco

He wishes

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 07, 2017, 12:17:18 PM »
show us evidence!