Author Topic: The Trump Presidency  (Read 1046075 times)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
Re: The Trump Presidency
« Reply #14300 on: August 16, 2020, 09:14:48 PM »
What Social Security benefits are delivered by USPS? Checks are electronically deposited for last ten years.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14301 on: August 16, 2020, 09:52:27 PM »
Well that doesn't fit the narrative.

Don't you think the language Trump has been using has been the biggest contributor to "the narrative?" He or literally anyone in his administration, including Dejoy, could have very easily said himself the things that Grewal has on his timeline, but they haven't. Putting people at ease about voting by mail won't scare people from doing so.

The narrative is Trump's and he'll do nothing to stop the scare campaign, he thinks it helps him, and ultimately it might. I know you remember the City of Louisville had only one polling place for the primary. One of the reasons given for that was because of the availability of mail in voting. These areas with underrepresented polling places are and always have been in urban areas. If these people are afraid to vote by mail and these polling places get overwhelmed, it will be disastrous. This is what he wants, the chaos is perfect.

While we're whataboutisming here, did the previous administration have a widespread and systematic destruction of sorting machines?

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14302 on: August 16, 2020, 09:53:11 PM »
What Social Security benefits are delivered by USPS? Checks are electronically deposited for last ten years.

You are unaware there is a lot of the population unbanked right? Medicine is delivered via mail?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Trump Presidency
« Reply #14303 on: August 16, 2020, 09:55:51 PM »
Literally thousands upon thousands of mail drop boxes taken off line by the previous administration. 

No fucks given by ProgFascist Nation.

In fact, most ProgFascists didn’t know because they were perfectly fine with whatever that clusterfuck of a presidency did.  Spying on political opposition, Congress, journalists, regime change in brown people world, coddling Central American dictators letting Russia and China issue one beat down after another, dropping billions on the tarmac in Tehran. 

Etc etc etc

8 years of soft serve by a willing accomplice media.

Sad
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 10:01:53 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #14304 on: August 16, 2020, 09:57:40 PM »

You are unaware there is a lot of the population unbanked right? Medicine is delivered via mail?
Was a specific question regarding SS, Phil.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14305 on: August 16, 2020, 09:59:40 PM »

No they don't mail checks. People that don't have banks were given debit cards and the funds get loaded on the cards each month. So they do occasionally mail out cards but not nearly the volume in which checks used to be.

The meds are a problem and that's how a lot of veterans who use the VA gets their meds, as obviously it's cheaper for the gov't to use the USPS to get those meds out. Veterans have already been reporting slow downs in receiving their meds on time and this was before the sorting machines were taken out of commission.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #14306 on: August 16, 2020, 09:59:53 PM »

Don't you think the language Trump has been using has been the biggest contributor to "the narrative?" He or literally anyone in his administration, including Dejoy, could have very easily said himself the things that Grewal has on his timeline, but they haven't. Putting people at ease about voting by mail won't scare people from doing so.

The narrative is Trump's and he'll do nothing to stop the scare campaign, he thinks it helps him, and ultimately it might. I know you remember the City of Louisville had only one polling place for the primary. One of the reasons given for that was because of the availability of mail in voting. These areas with underrepresented polling places are and always have been in urban areas. If these people are afraid to vote by mail and these polling places get overwhelmed, it will be disastrous. This is what he wants, the chaos is perfect.

While we're whataboutisming here, did the previous administration have a widespread and systematic destruction of sorting machines?

Polls were open for at least a week. Perhaps two. They'll be open in Kentucky for three weeks including Saturday for the general.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14307 on: August 16, 2020, 10:02:16 PM »

Polls were open for at least a week. Perhaps two. They'll be open in Kentucky for three weeks including Saturday for the general.

That had very little to do with my point so I'll try again. Do you think that trump has the ability address the concerns that people have and if he does why doesn't he do so? Doesn't the uncertainty and appearance of chaos fit the narrative he himself is pushing?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #14308 on: August 16, 2020, 10:04:04 PM »
Literally thousands upon thousands of mail drop boxes taken off line by the previous administration. 

No fucks given by ProgFascist Nation.

Link?

And did the previous administration also close down 671 mail sorting machines and drastically slow down or even grind to a complete halt the sorting and delivery of mail in urban areas affecting absolute shitloads of people before an election happening during a pandemic ravaging our country worse than any other in 100+ years? Didn’t think so. Your false equivalency is laughably stupid.

Ask yourself: why am I hearing about this now more than ever before if this administration’s actions are no different than the previous one’s?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #14309 on: August 16, 2020, 10:05:40 PM »

That had very little to do with my point so I'll try again. Do you think that trump has the ability address the concerns that people have and if he does why doesn't he do so? Doesn't the uncertainty and appearance of chaos fit the narrative he himself is pushing?
Trump is intentionally antagonistic. You know that is the case. He is not going to do anything to make Democrats feel good about anything that he does. Hell I have the word Trump needed on Twitter as well as blocking the dipshit, I'm not a Democrat.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14310 on: August 16, 2020, 10:14:56 PM »

Trump is intentionally antagonistic. You know that is the case. He is not going to do anything to make Democrats feel good about anything that he does. Hell I have the word Trump needed on Twitter as well as blocking the dipshit, I'm not a Democrat.

Just wanted to make sure that this narrative is being properly assigned. This is exactly what trump wants, he has the ability to end it.

I would say that the dems should just ignore him but he's really leaving them no choice by continuously mentioning mail in ballots when he's asked about the issues with the USPS. That dude dax linked, to own the libs, made the case for this being not as catastrophic, although well beyond SOP, but the dude is going to keep pushing, it's not like this is going to stop with the removal of a couple of boxes. It's why the acknowledgement of the stoppage of the mailbox removal means jack crap.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14311 on: August 16, 2020, 10:30:17 PM »
USPS is hemorrhaging money, but still funded through 2021 and Treasury offered them a $10 billion dollar loan at the end of July.

Picking up drop boxes is now paused because of the usual ProgFascist  :jeffy: :jeffy: :jeffy: meltdown, even though they are in low traffic areas.   So the USPS, while bleeding money is still going to send employees around to check thousands of drop boxes that are hardly ever used . . . instead of sorting mail.

Most of the sorting machines being taken out are not in USPS hubs.   Some states allow mail in balloting requests just a few days before the election.   That's why they were warned by the USPS.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14312 on: August 16, 2020, 10:31:50 PM »
Who exactly is dax talking to?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14313 on: August 16, 2020, 10:40:24 PM »
That's the standard post when you have nothing . . . as usual.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14314 on: August 16, 2020, 10:41:52 PM »
What a rough ridin' dork. Go to 42 seconds of this video, lol at him actually having to read this before saying this.
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1295167208474255360
He had the nerve to also tweet the shitty joke.
https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/1295037703667548162

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14315 on: August 16, 2020, 10:47:02 PM »
Worthless ass Chuck Schumer has been out there politicking as usual and saying Congress needs to give the USPS a bunch of money, when two weeks ago Treasury offered to loan the USPS $10 billion dollars and they're already funded through the next FFY. 

It's all grandstanding and decades too late for Pelosi and Schumer on the USPS.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14316 on: August 17, 2020, 07:38:48 AM »
Worthless ass Chuck Schumer has been out there politicking as usual and saying Congress needs to give the USPS a bunch of money, when two weeks ago Treasury offered to loan the USPS $10 billion dollars and they're already funded through the next FFY. 

Dummy trump keeps setting these up for them to take advantage.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14317 on: August 17, 2020, 08:42:38 AM »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14318 on: August 17, 2020, 09:18:04 AM »

Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi:  Concerned about the USPS for 2 weeks

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14319 on: August 17, 2020, 09:27:33 AM »

Exactly.  Because dummy Trump keeps giving them these openings to exploit him again and again. He really isn't very smart.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14320 on: August 17, 2020, 09:40:49 AM »

Exactly.  Because dummy Trump keeps giving them these openings to exploit him again and again. He really isn't very smart.

LOL, that's hilarious, Phil.  You guys melt down over every little thing  :jeffy: :jeffy: :jeffy:.   No soft serve coverage of this administration like the previous one got.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14321 on: August 17, 2020, 09:49:06 AM »
Say Phil, your guy pretty much said the U.S. will be back in the regime change business from day one.

Even more fascinating that your guy wants to invoke regime change in a NATO ally country (your guys tried once already, BTW).

Excellent job in providing all the ammo Erd ever needs to continue to consolidate power and fantastic job of sending Turkey even more torwards Russia.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/turkey-stir-over-old-biden-133025340.html

What's sad is that Joe read this off the script he was given in that  :lol: :lol: soft- ball pre-planned round table.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14322 on: August 17, 2020, 10:42:02 AM »

pretty much

Literally any harris or biden attack has these two words in it. Meanwhile whistling past the graveyard on egregious pence and trump actions.

Typical but quite humorous.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14323 on: August 17, 2020, 12:24:46 PM »
Phil, it's sad that you want to see the U.S. in the regime change business so badly.

In other news, U.S. forces in Syria engaged Syrian coalition fighters at a check point.    The U.S. forces are securing the Syrian oil (Syria:  A Russian ally) and supporting the KDF (that's the Kurdish Defense Force).   BTW, we're giving the oil to the . . . Kurds. 

Phil, remember when you and people like Slow Dug lost your minds about the Kurds?  (on top of constantly saying Trump is a Russian puppet?)

Kind of like how we were supposed to have WWIII when the U.S. killed an Iranian terrorist in Iraq.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14324 on: August 17, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »

pretty much

Literally any harris or biden attack has these two words in it. Meanwhile whistling past the graveyard on egregious pence and trump actions.

Typical but quite humorous.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

His anti anti trump obsession/dedication is "impressive". Wonder if it's like a coping mechanism because Trump is the face of conservatism in the US and probably the person most responsible for conservative "policy" direction.

The great thing about following current Liberal policy "direction"  :lol: is that it literally encompasses nearly every facet of politics and foreign policy.  A completely rudderless ship that only serves to try and prove OrangeMan Bad.

So if it means war with the Russians-Fine (when it was reset with the Russians), open borders-Fine, cucking to the Chinese-fine (the ol Asian Pivot),  Federalism all the way on one issue, Feds control everything on another issue . . . just spin the wheel or ask what day it is to keep up with the changes.

Top it off with a continuous parade of being enraged about something.