Author Topic: working from home 101  (Read 6790 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan
    • View Profile
Re: working from home 101
« Reply #200 on: June 01, 2021, 01:51:15 PM »
AND, I am convinced there is a portion of the human race that just completely gets off on the feeling of walking around and being a "boss" with others sucking up to them.  If everyone is working from home, it's not as pleasurable for them.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 01, 2021, 04:55:18 PM »
AND, I am convinced there is a portion of the human race that just completely gets off on the feeling of walking around and being a "boss" with others sucking up to them.  If everyone is working from home, it's not as pleasurable for them.

and as I've said several times, people will want to be in the office to suck up to the boss. Face time is valuable especially when promotions and stuff are rarely based purely on results.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 01, 2021, 05:08:06 PM »
also, my company is going 2-3 days/week "depending on business need" for most people and also reducing office sq. footage overall. No more assigned desks for most people.

Also non-vaxxed folks need to mask up.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 01, 2021, 05:14:49 PM »
We've switched to a hybrid model, but it's basically just come and go as you please for people in my position. A lot of people don't go in at all. I usually go in 1-2 days a week.

They asked employees how often they're in the office, and people who are in the office 50% or more of the time who aren't fully vacinated are subject to surveillance testing.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 05:18:01 PM by bucket »

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 01, 2021, 05:43:35 PM »
also, my company is going 2-3 days/week "depending on business need" for most people and also reducing office sq. footage overall. No more assigned desks for most people.

Also non-vaxxed folks need to mask up.

It’s their scarlet letter
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best