Author Topic: Election game thread  (Read 28803 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Election game thread
« Reply #350 on: November 09, 2016, 11:30:03 AM »
Obama gave a nice speech

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 09, 2016, 11:32:46 AM »
Kal Penn was in the crowd of the Obama's speech looking very emotional, it was odd seeing that.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 09, 2016, 12:14:06 PM »
I was very surprised how strongly one side of my family was in support of Trump, despite their heritage.  It was in California so it didn't matter anyway, but still surprising.  Of course they've been here legally for a long time.  One of my best friends who is half Mexican voted Trump, his union worker Mexican dad voted Trump, brother voted Clinton.

My trash man from Guatemala does not like the flood of illegals from Mexico and said he was voting for trump. He came here legally. Said it had nothing to do with race. Uncle Tomas? 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 09, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »
I was very surprised how strongly one side of my family was in support of Trump, despite their heritage.  It was in California so it didn't matter anyway, but still surprising.  Of course they've been here legally for a long time.  One of my best friends who is half Mexican voted Trump, his union worker Mexican dad voted Trump, brother voted Clinton.

My trash man from Guatemala does not like the flood of illegals from Mexico and said he was voting for trump. He came here legally. Said it had nothing to do with race. Uncle Tomas? 

Yep. I'm interested to know how he thinks Donald Trump or any other president will stop illegal immigration. Mexicans started emigrating here in 1850.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 09, 2016, 12:23:28 PM »

Yep. I'm interested to know how he thinks Donald Trump or any other president will stop illegal immigration. Mexicans started emigrating here in 1850.
The wall dummy

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 09, 2016, 12:25:41 PM »
OH YEAH, MY BAD :thumbsup:

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 09, 2016, 12:47:39 PM »
I saw a few things that made it sound like Trump may increase immigration.  He won't be able to enact anything to slow inflow/deport.  However, the policies he could enact may hurt their economy enough to increase the incentive to come here.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 09, 2016, 01:01:52 PM »

Enforce current immigration laws?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 09, 2016, 01:06:20 PM »

1. Who hasn't done that.
2. How does that stop people from crossing the border? You don't think the fear of getting sent back has been alive and well? People in Garden City have been talking about la migra since like forever.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 09, 2016, 01:07:25 PM »

Just flip that switch. Weird that nobody has done it sooner.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 09, 2016, 01:13:05 PM »
this is just so crazy, no matter how unlikeable or shady Clinton is

Clinton won only 65 percent of Latino voters, compared to Obama’s 71 percent four years ago. She performed this poorly against a candidate who ran on a program of building a wall along America’s southern border, a candidate who kicked off his campaign by calling Mexicans rapists.

Clinton won 34 percent of white women without college degrees. And she won just 54 percent of women overall, compared to Obama’s 55 percent in 2012. Clinton, of course, was running against a candidate who has gloated on film about grabbing women “by the pussy.”

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/11/trump-victory-clinton-sanders-democratic-party/

https://twitter.com/pattonoswalt/status/796176331377516544
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:30:51 PM by Dr Rick Daris »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 09, 2016, 01:14:37 PM »
Trying to actually fix the problem seems like a logical first step.  :dunno:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 09, 2016, 01:21:44 PM »

1. Who hasn't done that.
2. How does that stop people from crossing the border? You don't think the fear of getting sent back has been alive and well? People in Garden City have been talking about la migra since like forever.

I have work to get done today, so I'm just going to post this for you guys to peruse at your leisure, or just  bash the source, whatever.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 09, 2016, 01:27:56 PM »
-Obama was 14 points better in rural Pennsylvania than Hillary did, 12 points in rural Wisconsin. That makes it pretty tough to just chalk it up to racists.
-The Democratic turnout in the metro area of Pennsylvania was higher than 2012
-Mitt Romney will end up with more popular votes than Trump did.

The bottom line is this was not an affirmation of Donald Trump but a repudiation of Hillary Clinton.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 09, 2016, 01:29:43 PM »

1. Who hasn't done that.

I have work to get done today, so I'm just going to post this for you guys to peruse at your leisure, or just  bash the source, whatever.

Bash the source? I asked you a few questions. I thought pubs weren't supposed to be so sensitive, sorry I hurt your feels.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 09, 2016, 01:32:36 PM »
-Obama was 14 points better in rural Pennsylvania than Hillary did, 12 points in rural Wisconsin. That makes it pretty tough to just chalk it up to racists.

The bottom line is this was not an affirmation of Donald Trump but a repudiation of Hillary Clinton.

While Trump certainly won racists, they aren't enough to give him the election.

Agreed on Hillary.  The Dem's tried to run an uninspiring, flawed candidate through a largely uncontested primary and got beat for it.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 09, 2016, 01:33:32 PM »

Trump = KSU football

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 09, 2016, 01:35:46 PM »
riley county was almost split between hillary, and trump, didn't realize it was so cucked

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 09, 2016, 02:40:20 PM »

1. Who hasn't done that.

Bash the source? I asked you a few questions. I thought pubs weren't supposed to be so sensitive, sorry I hurt your feels.

Ooops, sorry, forgot the link:

http://www.fairus.org/DocServer/ObamaTimeline_2016.pdf

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 09, 2016, 02:43:12 PM »
Trying to actually fix the problem seems like a logical first step.  :dunno:

I view the problem as unnecessary regulation burdening businesses by not letting them hire the only qualified workers they are able to find.

Offline Poster formerly known as jthutch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 09, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »
My take on the election is, middle class hard working people are tired of career politicians who say they are going to work for the people but just take their party agenda and shove it down our throats and don't really care what the people want.   He is a business man, he did market research and found out what the consumer was looking for and gave it to them and they ate it up. Trump listened to them and threw it out there and said this is what I'm basing my campaign on.

Most of the people who voted Trump don't really think the is wonderful, most just think at least he isn't a puppet for the party and will do things that need to be done and doesn't care what the politicians think.  They feel he is going to work for the people.

I don't know if I believe that or don't I have the wait and see approach to this presidency. 

Do I believe he will build a wall?  No  I don't even believe he believes he will build a wall.  He said it because that is what his market research said the people wanted. 

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 09, 2016, 02:44:25 PM »

This is the correct answer.  It was who the country hated less....they had to choose.
@mikec2w

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 09, 2016, 02:51:28 PM »

1. Who hasn't done that.

Ooops, sorry, forgot the link:

http://www.fairus.org/DocServer/ObamaTimeline_2016.pdf

I only went two pages in and that primarily is discussing Obama wanting to enact amnesty. But I'm not sure how you or anyone else can accuse him of not enforcing the law when his administration has deported more than any other administration. Those both can't be true and mine is an indisputable fact, so where did that leave us?

Better yet and to my question, what does Barack Obama or anyone else deporting tens millions of people have to do with them continuing to come into the country? A wall won't do it either. Perhaps a mile wide fiery moat filled with gators across the entire border?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 09, 2016, 02:53:55 PM »
I only went two pages in and that primarily is discussing Obama wanting to enact amnesty. But I'm not sure how you or anyone else can accuse him of not enforcing the law when his administration has deported more than any other administration. Those both can't be true and mine is an indisputable fact, so where did that leave us?

Better yet and to my question, what does Barack Obama or anyone else deporting tens millions of people have to do with them continuing to come into the country? A wall won't do it either. Perhaps a mile wide fiery moat filled with gators across the entire border?
This fits with their environment wrecking energy policies so maybe.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 09, 2016, 02:55:27 PM »
If they can't send their cash back home they may not come.