Author Topic: Gems of the FARMAGEDDON Game Thread  (Read 4781 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Gems of the FARMAGEDDON Game Thread
« on: November 01, 2016, 10:10:51 PM »
Helloooo Cats fans.  Happy days are here again.  It's your BOY, Dlew12, here again to bring you the gems of the game thread.  I ventured over to Cyclonefanatic.com and sifted through a measly 691 posts over 35 pages so you don't have to.  Let's do it to it.

*PREGAME*
I bet ISU loses in heartbreaking style
Clones win today by 10.
Great day for homecoming.
Clones by 15
Really need the team to pick me up as this morning I say goodbye to a family pet.
:frown: T's and P's to this loyal son of Iowa.
Get out the garlic and holy water. Time to end this curse!
one of their things is that they call Snyder a vampire over and over again.

**1st Quarter**
Re. Ertz:
What the ****? Why can't we tackle that ******* plodder?
Byron Pringle is an awesome name.
Horrible play from the start on both offense and defense.

Cmon guys, you had two weeks to prepare for this team!!!!
How old is Jesse Ertz? 12?
On CF I keep seeing advertisements for Russian brides here. CW, I know you make your living from advertisements, but Russian brides?
iowa is a strange place.
i thought kansas state has a slow grind offence but i guess when no body tackles them they decide to get more yards jk
Smash the Pringles!!!
Am I the only one who suddenly has a craving for Pringles?
*SECOND QUARTER*
What the hell is our starting senior forward doing playing football for the Purple Kitties?
apparently an cyclone basketball man shares a name with our hero Deonte Burton
We keep improving but we have to get a win at some point don't we.
you are iowa state and you always will be.
We are only down 7 but it feels like 40
We ******* suck. Thanks Rhodes, you piece of **** coach
that POS coach once secured a 10 year extension at ISU.
Pretty sure sliced bread hadn't been invented the last time we beat KState...
Too much confidence around here that we could just line up and just compete with K State. They are an established program that has won a Big XII title in recent memory. We are way thin and appear to be giving a marginal effort to boot today. Lots of work to do on this program. Keeping a stale Rhoads regime around for an extra year didn't help things. God help us Thursday night.
Will this was fun. Time to do productive things.
ISU Football: Bringing the crops in since 1892...
GREAT farmageddon fodder.
**** you Purple Kitties!
after ISU drops an easy TD pass:
Classic ISU football right there
What's uglier, uniforms or the way they are playing?
this is a great question
I don't know guys. I think we need to sacrifice a goat at midfield or something. There has to be evil at work here.
We might as well put everything into preparing for the KU game. It's our only chance left at a win.
At least we will complete in 8 years when we head to the AAC
Kstate receivers make tough catches.
*HALFTIME IS HERE*
Good thing is KSU proved that you can be down by 21 instead of 14 last year and not even have to do anything exceptional to win.
Well yea, but we aren't playing against ourselves in the 2nd half.
We've got a good staff and some quality players (just not enough). At this point, I''m ready to just give Campbell the reins for a minimum of ten years and hope that consistency pulls us out of it.
YOU LISTEN TO ME:  THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID WITH RHOADS
Hahaha at Snyder. Straight savage tearing apart that terrible question from the sideline reporter.
*THIRD QUARTER*
Hate to cheer for an injury but Pringle killed us in the first half almost every time they went to him.
:blank:
Put a hurtin' on the Burton!!!
Gift wrapped TD by the refs.
Hopefully we get the bad call we don't deserve to even out on one of our drives. Would have been interesting to see a 4th and 1 play on the 50 if the officials hadn't taken over the game with nonsense.
So ******* annoying. All it took was the refs throwIng a flag on that questionable KSU hold instead of the questionable late hit on us and we'd be driving for a tie.

We can't catch a break against these guys.
Remember a few minutes ago when you recovered an onside kick?
Some day I want us to have the nice things K State has.
:shy:
You can see who the better team is, then the other team challenges status quo, cue the refs switching the momentum. Having a better team had nothing to do with that call. Nice
Life is empty and I have no meaning.
Well there goes the bowl game.
:lol:
Spawn of Fry needs to freakin retire already. Guy is the epitome of evil.
*FOURTH QUARTER*
TD CLONES!
**** you, Purple Kitties! We hates you forevers!!
well, it won't be an embarrassing loss..
Hmm. Can I hope?
yes!  i demand you to hope!
This white hat is one of the worst in the Big 12 and the most showboat of them all.
*Cats stop clones on fourth down at the goal line*
Pathetic. Absolutely garbage.
if you could define Iowa State football in one play it would be that
We are...Iowa State
:Woohoo:
1. Run that **** in Park.
2. That spot on the third down play was off by a full yard, that thing should have been an inch from the goal line.
THESE GRANDSTANDING, SHOWBOATING SIDE JUDGES
Have we been kicked in the nuts about every way possible today or what, good lord.
Iowa State football manages to **** everything up in every way possible like only Iowa State football can.
*Safety*
That safety is the other definition of Cyclone football: Something exciting enough to say "Whoa, there's a chance!"
*K-State recovers onside kick*

Once again we lose a game to KSU that was easily winnable.
The difference again--they are programmed to make the play when it's needed.

ISU isn't.

One more example is the onside kick recovered too soon.
Right call, just a foot or two.

However, based on how horrible the spots were on KSU's goal line stand that should 100% be our ball.

*POSTGAME*
9 out of last 10 KSU games lost by 1 possession. Unbelievable.
:ROFL:
Yet another moral victory.... Kind of
aint no moral victories in Farmageddon, son. 
The big play to me was the "late hit" that kept the KSU drive alive...
I have to say, losing stinks. However, losing this way (attempting to stage a big comeback and just not quite getting there) is a little less frustrating than gradually losing a big lead in the 4th quarter.
Ames, Iowa is the international research capital of the science of losing.
I'll agree with that, there were years there where we just couldn't keep up with the entire top half of the Big 12 and it was pretty brutal to watch. I can believe that we'll be better next year without feeling like a delusional sunshine pumper.
Bill Synder can die any day now
KSU and Iowa are basically the exact same team according to about any computer model and in terms of what they do. We were not even close to playing within 5 points of Iowa or a couple blown plays from beating them, not even in the same galaxy of that.
At least we never got close enough to require a nut cup tightening. It's always much more painful when we piss away games we could have actually won.
At least we're not 0-8...that would REALLY suck.
Damn, when that magical 8-9 win season finally comes, it's going to be something to savor.
wait a second, what does that say?
when that magical 8-9 win season finally comes
what the...
magical 8-9 win season
:goodbyecruelworld:

That's all for the game thread.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Super PurpleCat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • purple hugs are back! get yours today
    • View Profile
Re: Gems of the FARMAGEDDON Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 10:17:11 PM »
Man I can't imagine how bad my day would be if I had to tell people I was an Iowa State fan and then explain how it really isn't all that bad, over and over until I somewhat believed it, until I had to watch this game wearing my red and yellow shirt on by myself in my basement living room.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 10:21:01 PM »
Some other miscellaneous GEMS from CF:

Our all time winning record against K State is in jeopardy thanks to the last 25 years of purple dominance. This isn't a rivalry again until we start to hold up our end of the bargain. Hats off to Snyder and what he has built. The combination of coaching and talent is fun to watch. We want what you have. Hope we get there some day.
All I could think at halftime yesterday was how much better KSU was than ISU fundamentally. Not talent-wise necessarily, but just in basic fundamentals and intelligence. Yes, KSU has better OL and DL obviously, but ISU could have easily won this game if they just had the fundamentals of KSU IMO.

The missed tackles, the missed blocks by WRs, RBs, OL, etc, the dropped balls, the poor playcalling, and the list goes on and on and on. ISU was just a complete mess for most of the game yesterday. Very unorganized too. They had issues with the play clock running out on them numerous times as we shuffled guys in and out very late not knowing what we were doing.

I used to think WR was a position of strength for ISU, but I now feel it is a weakness. Our guys can't catch, don't block well, don't run great routes, don't know how to get open, or refuse to, when the QB is scrambling out of the pocket. KSU players always seem to do things correctly fundamentally.
I remember back in 2005 when we absolutely destroyed KSU. My GF somehow dragged me out in the 3rd quarter (we were going to a Dierks Bentley/Miranda Lambert concert that night) when we started to run away with it. I remember what the stadium sounded like from the parking lots when we scored another TD. Great memories.
Old billy bob snyder beats us like a drum for a couple of reasons We are a bad football program and billy bob snyder is the Best Football Coach in the college football world

If U are looking for a Silver Lining here it is When good old billy bob retires er DIES K State will go back to being in Last Place................

If U dont believe me just look up Ron Frenchs record at K State
K State is by far my favorite Big XII football team. I just love LHC Bill Snyder and their style of play. Other than the Iowa game, it's the game I look forward to most each season.

The dislike comes in basketball. It annoys me how every now and then they think Bramlage is comparable to Hilton. That and oscar Weber is just WAY too fun to make fun of.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 10:31:11 PM »
ron frenchs record comes to bite us in the ass again

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 10:38:23 PM »
I went over there on Saturday after the game. I couldn't make it through the second quarter of the game thread before I lost all interest. They're just boring, whining losers.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 10:42:15 PM »
I bet Bill rubs Ron French's record in Curries face every chance he gets.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 10:43:07 PM »
great stuff as always, dlew.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 10:45:13 PM »
Thx Dlew12, although enjoyable, they don't seem to have the piss and vinegar like in the past.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 11:00:01 PM »
Great job as always!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 11:17:05 PM »
Thx Dlew12, although enjoyable, they don't seem to have the piss and vinegar like in the past.

last year's game broke them

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 11:17:55 PM »
I really have no clue, is Paul Rhodes still their coach?

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 11:47:46 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 01:03:41 AM »
JFC I feel sorry for dlew doing this. It's just awful constant emo envy.  At least shaggy is funny and enjoyable.

Thanks dlew, I hope you have good healthcare for the years of psych needed after visiting CF. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 04:54:46 AM »
I can't think of too many people who take the time to discuss or even think about comparing Bramlage to Hilton, like who cares? But it's worth noting that the two buildings are identical in nearly every way. I wouldn't be surprised to know that Bramlage was modeled after Hilton. Dax mentions that the original plans for Bramlage included an upper deck, that's Hilton.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2016, 07:13:44 AM »
Hilton is overrated AF

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 07:15:25 AM »
I went to the KSU Cats game in the Bob Devaney Center back in 2011 and it was way louder than any of the 4 K-State vs Iowa State games in Hilton i've been to.

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2016, 08:08:25 AM »
"I remember back in 2005 when we absolutely destroyed KSU"

Final Score 45-17 Iowa State. 

I understand their definition might be skewed a bit since they've sucked for eternity.....

I was at that game.... Evridge was awful,......it was the first time Snyder ever started a freshmen at QB against Iowa State in Ames. That's how bad Snyder had mentally checked out.  That whole season was a disaster.

Iowa State lost in Lawrence two weeks later...to a KU team that didn't even make a bowl.....

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2016, 08:31:58 AM »
You would guess ISU had the same record as KSU from most of those comments. Very weird to see things like, "man, KSU has such a great coach and just seems to have our number," after they have lost to almost every Big 12 program the past several years.

I really wonder what the comments are for the other losses now.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2016, 09:03:31 AM »
Thanks dlew.
Yeah, the ISU Gems aren't near as gemmy as others. They've been beaten down time and time again.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2016, 09:09:03 AM »
The comment about giving Campbell 10 years is really good. They gave Ames' own Paul Rhoads 7 years. They gave Dan McCarney 11 years. Those guys gave them 8 bowl trips and some of the best football Iowa State has ever had. I'm sure if they give Campbell 10, he'll get a few bowls and maybe an 8 wins season.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2016, 09:25:43 AM »
ISU Irving and KU Karl are cousins.   It's a little frosty at family reunions. 

ISU Irving's ass gets very chapped when those damn K-Staters try and compare Bramlage to his beloved Hilton Magic.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2016, 09:33:32 AM »
I can't think of too many people who take the time to discuss or even think about comparing Bramlage to Hilton, like who cares? But it's worth noting that the two buildings are identical in nearly every way. I wouldn't be surprised to know that Bramlage was modeled after Hilton. Dax mentions that the original plans for Bramlage included an upper deck, that's Hilton.

This is correct.   Also, round, not a gon.  All chair backs, all cut limestone exterior. 

Offline That_Guy

• I'm just, "That Guy!"
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2016, 10:50:51 AM »
Man, shooting for 8 win football teams as a peak of enjoyment would really be a bummer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2016, 10:51:48 AM »
The comment about giving Campbell 10 years is really good. They gave Ames' own Paul Rhoads 7 years. They gave Dan McCarney 11 years. Those guys gave them 8 bowl trips and some of the best football Iowa State has ever had. I'm sure if they give Campbell 10, he'll get a few bowls and maybe an 8 wins season.
the flip side is the situation KU is in - I think I would rather have what Rhoads did vs Gill & Weiss

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2016, 01:25:16 PM »

Fun fact:

Bramlage is actually modeled after (& nearly an internal carbon copy of) "The Pit" at UNM in Albuquerque.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...