Author Topic: Will this election process take down FOX news? OANN, Newsmax, etc. Thread  (Read 95322 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Will this election process take down FOX news?
« Reply #375 on: October 05, 2019, 10:49:55 AM »
Anyone who can observe Donald Trump and think to themself that this guy should lead the most powerful nation on earth has already been radicalized, imo.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 05, 2019, 11:02:07 AM »
I do fear that pursuing impeachment without clear evidence of a crime that even the dumbest among us could understand is a bad idea. If we just wait a year, he'll be removed from office in the usual fashion. I'm afraid of how radicalized the impeachment process will make certain ppl. It's already causing distressing, yet humorous, signals in this country. But I'm afraid it's going to lead to tragic and unfortunate consequences, and I'm not really talking about mass violence so much as a metaphorically widening chasm of understanding and empathy for each other.
Who will be radicalized and in what way?
You want names?
No, just anything more specific. Your post sounded like something Ben Sasse would say.
Hmm. Not sure whether I should be offended, but I'll choose to not be. I'll try to answer what I think you're asking.

First, Trump's core supporters. That's a given, and I understand that they have already been radicalized to varying degrees. You may be inclined to write them off, but dont forget that they account for something like 30% of the country. Writing people off leads to problems (See: the election of Donald John Trump).

More troubling, there are many people who are not Trumpers, but could be called "moderate Republicans," some of whom are capable of being forced further to the right as a reaction to what they feel is an undemocratic conspiracy (a) to undermine the levers of democracy, and (b) to censure (in their minds) values that they hold dear. Those values, and that fear, need not be logical. It is enough that it is experienced as such.

I did not think it would be controversial to say that the impeachment process would be damaging to the health of our electorate. Both parties have acknowledged just that. What am I missing here?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 05, 2019, 11:08:26 AM »

I do fear that pursuing impeachment without clear evidence of a crime that even the dumbest among us could understand is a bad idea. If we just wait a year, he'll be removed from office in the usual fashion. I'm afraid of how radicalized the impeachment process will make certain ppl. It's already causing distressing, yet humorous, signals in this country. But I'm afraid it's going to lead to tragic and unfortunate consequences, and I'm not really talking about mass violence so much as a metaphorically widening chasm of understanding and empathy for each other.
You want names?
No, just anything more specific. Your post sounded like something Ben Sasse would say.
Hmm. Not sure whether I should be offended, but I'll choose to not be. I'll try to answer what I think you're asking.

First, Trump's core supporters. That's a given, and I understand that they have already been radicalized to varying degrees. You may be inclined to write them off, but dont forget that they account for something like 30% of the country. Writing people off leads to problems (See: the election of Donald John Trump).

More troubling, there are many people who are not Trumpers, but could be called "moderate Republicans," some of whom are capable of being forced further to the right as a reaction to what they feel is an undemocratic conspiracy (a) to undermine the levers of democracy, and (b) to censure (in their minds) values that they hold dear. Those values, and that fear, need not be logical. It is enough that it is experienced as such.

I did not think it would be controversial to say that the impeachment process would be damaging to the health of our electorate. Both parties have acknowledged just that. What am I missing here?

Yeah seems like an overdramatic reach when the alternative is just saying Trump's actions are ok.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 05, 2019, 11:13:09 AM »

You want names?

Yeah seems like an overdramatic reach when the alternative is just saying Trump's actions are ok.
I've seen a lot of wacky (even relative to the adjusted baseline) things happen the past few weeks. All I am saying is that it would be better for society (and politics, honestly) if we just let the system correct itself. Trump will never change. He does not understand why the wrongs he commits are wrong. But I truly believe--and this episode is evidence of same--that there are enough adult Patriots around to prevent him from doing any serious damage over the next 13 months. The emperor has no clothes.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 05, 2019, 11:18:27 AM »
Also, either do it or don't. If you're going to do it, rip the bandaid off. Let's move on. Just remember how much stupidity and animus there is in this country. Impeachment is a remedy that is exceedingly rare. It is difficult for the offended party's followers to understand, absent universally comprehensible conduct. The familiar levers of democracy are preferable, imo.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 05, 2019, 11:25:28 AM »
Are you against impeachment, because you don't think it would pass in the senate? Wouldn't the best remedy be to admonish this administration to prevent it from ever happening again?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 05, 2019, 11:32:38 AM »
Are you against impeachment, because you don't think it would pass in the senate? Wouldn't the best remedy be to admonish this administration to prevent it from ever happening again?
I don't think the House will even vote to impeach. Without the Senate, they know it would be poor strategy and could backfire. This is about leverage and the ability to use subpoena power to see if they can uncover something that will convince pubs (and their voters) that impeachment is neccessary. Will that happen? Maybe, but unclear. My guess is unlikely.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 05, 2019, 12:26:17 PM »
Spracne- the only level headed moderate on this board.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2019, 01:14:50 PM »
I don't think the House will even vote to impeach. Without the Senate, they know it would be poor strategy and could backfire. This is about leverage and the ability to use subpoena power to see if they can uncover something that will convince pubs (and their voters) that impeachment is neccessary. Will that happen? Maybe, but unclear. My guess is unlikely.

I think it's sad that we're discussing leverage and strategy. It's clear that Trump and his administration have committed impeachable offenses. We had been discussing whether it was politically smart for the Democrats to pursue it then this Ukraine stuff happened and they had no choice. You have to stand up to this. It's clear, more clear, country before party isn't a priority for so many.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2019, 01:26:11 PM »
Bucket is not moderate, has been radicalized.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2019, 01:46:39 PM »
Bucket is not moderate, has been radicalized.

Yes, me and George Washington, apparently.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2019, 02:21:54 PM »

Interesting, I read the situation as impeachment is happening, the form/scope to send to the Senate is being decided on.(plus beta testing the electorate)
You forgot that the dems are a gaggle of beta bitches tho

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2019, 02:28:11 PM »

Interesting, I read the situation as impeachment is happening, the form/scope to send to the Senate is being decided on.(plus beta testing the electorate)

Impeachment inquiry is beta?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 05, 2019, 02:30:28 PM »

The Democrats aren't going to do crap, under the current facts. They're FPs TCs etc. This post is subject to future amendment in light of future revelations of fact.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 05, 2019, 02:37:52 PM »

The Democrats aren't going to do crap, under the current facts. They're FPs TCs etc. This post is subject to future amendment in light of future revelations of fact.

Our ye olde judge has succumbed to partisanship. Sad.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 05, 2019, 02:42:56 PM »

Our ye olde judge has succumbed to partisanship. Sad.
That was an objective observation and corresponding prediction. Just calling balls and strikes, here. And calling my shot, subject to a contingency. Under the current facts, I dont think the Democrats have the chutzpah to do it (and for good reason).

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 05, 2019, 03:16:26 PM »
Welp that's gotta be kinda soul crushing to our ge Paul Reveres, what say you steve dave

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 05, 2019, 05:39:09 PM »
I mostly agree with Spracne's predictions but I also think a lot more is going to come out. Probably not enough to pull in Republicans, but I think it will be enough that democrats will have a very tough primary season if the house doesn't go forward.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 05, 2019, 06:33:05 PM »
Basically Spracne is a Uniter not a divider, a man that can bring compromise, this blog needs more spracnes

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 06, 2019, 12:19:43 AM »
Yes one thing that works out very well to keep the peace is compromising to accommodate off the rails egomaniac dictator wannabes.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 06, 2019, 12:43:16 AM »
Yes one thing that works out very well to keep the peace is compromising to accommodate off the rails egomaniac dictator wannabes.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 06, 2019, 12:44:02 AM »
whatever you do not impeach, you condone.  there have to be consequences.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 06, 2019, 09:08:49 AM »

Trump agrees, he is not willing to stand by and watch the Bidens sell our country out for personal gain as it appears they may have.  If this is confirmed there need to be consequences.  Trump also believes the Mueller investigation was a political witch hunt which appears to be true after all the efforts to find something worthy of removing him from office were fruitless.  He is currently investigating the origins of the witch hunt and if Barr produces proof those people should face consequences.

Offline LickNeckey

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #fakeposts
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 06, 2019, 09:14:39 AM »
 :Ugh:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 06, 2019, 03:54:15 PM »

Trump agrees, he is not willing to stand by and watch the Bidens sell our country out for personal gain as it appears they may have.  If this is confirmed there need to be consequences.  Trump also believes the Mueller investigation was a political witch hunt which appears to be true after all the efforts to find something worthy of removing him from office were fruitless.  He is currently investigating the origins of the witch hunt and if Barr produces proof those people should face consequences.
This is good message boarding, but I’m certain you don’t believe all this
:adios: