Author Topic: Ertz Injury  (Read 7287 times)

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Re: Ertz Injury
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2016, 12:31:12 PM »
Waters was very bad in the designed QB run game. I'll bet most of his rushing yards came from scrambles.
I could of sworn ppl called him the fainting goat when it was time for him to run in his first season.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2016, 12:32:57 PM »
Not sure about being done for the year.

First injured it against FAU, reinjured against WVU and then again at OU. Sounds like this time the shot didn't get rid of enough of the pain to play through. It didn't sound incredibly serious though.

They'll kept him numbed up and play him as long as his shoulder will hold out.  #another QBinjuriedforlife
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2016, 12:33:06 PM »
Waters was very bad in the designed QB run game. I'll bet most of his rushing yards came from scrambles.

OK, the stats suggest Ertz is a better runner than Waters.  I will concede I was wrong on that one.

That said, I hope that Ertz progresses enough that he can:
1.  lead us down the field running the ball for a winning TD (ISU 2014) and
2.  takes a big hit but gets right back up and plays through pain (OU 2014).

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2016, 12:40:37 PM »
ertz is a fine runner, though his decision making on the read option leaves a lot to be desired. 

The problem is that on his best days, we've only gotten about 80 yards with his legs.  That is not enough to make up for his lack of passing production. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2016, 12:41:37 PM »
Best starter, anyway.

:dubious:

I think he meant fastest, not best. Also I have no damn idea where this talk of running reluctance to use the QB run game and Ertz running tentatively is coming from. I mean this was in issue in the non-con but the 2.5 games of conference play has seen him rush 29 times for 148 yards and 3 touchdowns. What the hell about that is reluctant and tentative?

He's a better runner than Klein. He's just not tough enough to take as many carries as Klein did.

Ertz has been a less effective runner than Klein, Sams, and Waters.  He is better than Hubener, but I think Hubener runs the read option better.

Steffy is right that Hubes runs the read option better. Ertz is rough ridin' terrible at the read option. Mis-read it all 3x vs OU.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2016, 12:42:28 PM »
he made the right read once or twice against OU IIRC

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2016, 01:30:47 PM »
he made the right read once or twice against OU IIRC

could  be, dlew. i saw 3 bad reads, but i was in and out at various pts due to apathy.