Author Topic: Better or not?  (Read 20132 times)

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Better or not?
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2016, 02:55:48 PM »
BID doesn't seem to work at KSU, though

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2016, 03:16:15 PM »
Does it matter if we finish 8th or 6th? Other than whatever garbage bowl we would go to that nobody watches? It kinda does I guess. Kinda.

It matters to me.

I'm definitely still in and I won't quit but if I were given a choice of 5-7 and a new staff or 7-6 with the same staff for 2017, I'm taking that 5-7 and running like Forrest Gump.

we won't get fleck. :frown:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2016, 03:19:35 PM »
No one should have expected a win @OU, but it did suck to see us so thoroughly out coached. If Ertz is ok we have a shot at a decent bowl. If not, it will be a struggle to get to 6 wins.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2016, 03:20:09 PM »
Does it matter if we finish 8th or 6th? Other than whatever garbage bowl we would go to that nobody watches? It kinda does I guess. Kinda.

It matters to me.

I'm definitely still in and I won't quit but if I were given a choice of 5-7 and a new staff or 7-6 with the same staff for 2017, I'm taking that 5-7 and running like Forrest Gump.

Shut your mouth

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2016, 03:22:43 PM »

It matters to me.

Shut your mouth

Why do you think we could get Fleck?  I like many of the things you and others have posted here about him, but why would we have a chance?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 03:24:02 PM »

It matters to me.

Shut your mouth

Why do you think we could get Fleck?  I like many of the things you and others have posted here about him, but why would we have a chance?
if we put 350 mil into a football facility we damn sure better put 5+ a year into a coach

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2016, 03:27:36 PM »
I'm all for laying down some serious cash and years for a young coach (not if it's some re-tread crap like Currie will want).  But I'm just curious why Fleck would pick us once he starts fielding offers.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2016, 03:30:27 PM »

It matters to me.

Shut your mouth

if we put 350 mil into a football facility we damn sure better put 5+ a year into a coach

Yeah, we certainly can spend money and Currie has demonstrated that he'll pay coaches well.

I'm all for laying down some serious cash and years for a young coach (not if it's some re-tread crap like Currie will want).  But I'm just curious why Fleck would pick us once he starts fielding offers.

I have no idea, I never said we're definitely getting PJ Fleck, but he isn't out of our league. I have no idea where he'll end up. I thought Iowa State was going to get him last year but they apparently didn't even give him an offer.

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2016, 03:30:50 PM »

It matters to me.

Shut your mouth

He's a strange guy and considers Jerry Kill a mentor.  He might decide he likes the small college town with lower pressure working with a mentor.  That's my hope.
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2016, 03:34:27 PM »
Someone else, I forget who, mentioned Kill was a mentor.  I had forgotten about that before making my posts. 

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2016, 03:35:11 PM »

It matters to me.

Shut your mouth

We don't need pampered 5star coaches, we need someone who tries really hard.  Diamond in the rough.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2016, 03:36:39 PM »
probably only positive of hiring Kill

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Better or not?
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2016, 07:59:23 PM »
We need the Bob Huggins of football. But I don't know who that is.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2016, 08:11:21 PM »

Sark nearly drank himself to death and got fired for it.  That might be the only similarity though.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2016, 08:13:49 PM »
Art Briles?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »

It matters to me.

I've had some good news for you on at least one part of all that.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2016, 10:53:28 AM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2016, 12:06:48 PM »
Art Briles?

art briles is the dave bliss of coaching, not the bob huggins

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2016, 12:23:34 PM »
Update:

Current Big 12 (all games):

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2016, 12:32:16 PM »
no more #1 defense.  :(

I find WVU's offensive PPP surprisingly low.  Not getting it done in the redzone I assume?

And my word, how frustrating it must be to be a tech fan.  Insanely efficient offense (v. surprised at their TO%) and an insanely inefficient D. 

Also KU turns the ball over 1 out of every 20 plays? :eek:

People keep counting the Big 12 out of the playoff, but it looks like WVU and Baylor (especially Baylor) are actually good teams.  I don't think it's unrealistic that the winner of the BU/WVU game has a legitimate shot at the playoff.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:39:42 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2016, 12:38:41 PM »
We suck ass u guys

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2016, 12:41:58 PM »
i'm an idiot for thinking and wishing that baylor was going to crumble from the weight of their rape controversy.  it sucks man, but they're really good.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2016, 12:49:28 PM »
i'm an idiot for thinking and wishing that baylor was going to crumble from the weight of their rape controversy.  it sucks man, but they're really good.
people forget that grobe took wake rough ridin' forest to a bcs bowl. dude can coach and i rough ridin' hate it, baylor deserves to be where ku is right now

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2016, 12:51:53 PM »

They will crumble.  The back of their schedule is loaded; by the time the cats roll in to town, they will be on a three or two game losing streak and it will be a dumpster fire.  Huge schedule break for the cats.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2016, 01:01:58 PM »
Maybe they'll crumble, maybe not.  I'm just very impressed how they've really re-outfitted their offense and turned into a predominantly run focused style.  If Grobe (or his staff) can recruit at a level to fit their style, they should do everything they can to preserve the status-quo.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]