Author Topic: mexican politics  (Read 6070 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
mexican politics
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2021, 09:56:17 AM »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: mexican politics
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2021, 12:12:58 PM »
Known nanny-stater dax just hates personal freedom.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2021, 01:04:30 PM »
Prohibition next.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
mexican politics
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2021, 03:18:14 PM »
Legalize the most dangerous and deadly drugs in the world.  If people OD, I don’t GAF cus freedom (ProgFascist.7 . . . defending personal freedom at every turn . . . But only if it’s in lockstep with his political dogma and personal belief system , if not, Federalize all authority over it)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2021, 03:36:25 PM »
95,000 people die every year from alcohol.

79,000 from drug overdose.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2021, 05:13:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure that no one here expected Dax to be the life of the party.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2021, 08:36:00 PM »
Fentanyl:  When Bucket wants to be the life of the party

Here for the Fentanyl/alcohol comparisons

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2021, 08:46:49 PM »
The comparison isn't between no one OD'ing and people OD'ing from a legal substance.  The comparison is how much death and destroyed lives we can prevent by decriminalization, regulated markets, and treatment for addicts.

We already have a ton of ODs because people don't know what they are taking and we have a ton of deaths and destroyed lives from the drug war. Several people on this board think we can do better, you seem content with the status quo. That's fine, but you should look at what that actually is.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2021, 09:57:41 PM »
I think many of us are simply glossing over what goes without saying: decriminalization and/or legalization would and should naturally be coupled with a robust addiction treatment program to help people struggling with addiction rather than turning them into criminals.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2021, 10:08:27 PM »
One thing for sure.  While we work on decriminalizing and ensuring easy access to the most dangerous street drugs in the world.  We should keep making it easy for the cartels to get it into the country.

Gonna stick around and wait for the confiscation anecdotes.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2021, 10:51:45 PM »
If opium/Percocet/hydrocodone were legally available and regulated you wouldn’t have all the accidental fentanyl ODs because people mis-dose on a drug with a tiny window of safe use.  If you were renting those Bird scooters and occasionally you got one that went 110 miles per hour and the brakes didn’t work, but you had now way of knowing until you got moving, we’d have a shitload of scooter deaths all of a sudden.
:adios:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2021, 12:24:26 AM »
Drugs need to be more efficient at killing people.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2021, 03:25:48 AM »
Amaze x 2

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2021, 07:57:13 AM »
I think many of us are simply glossing over what goes without saying: decriminalization and/or legalization would and should naturally be coupled with a robust addiction treatment program to help people struggling with addiction rather than turning them into criminals.

Yes!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2021, 08:56:03 AM »
Turning addicts into criminals and facilitating addicts by either having :lol: :lol: lax border control and/or legalizing the most dangerous street drugs in the world are actually two different things.   Addicts should never be considered criminals nor should addicts be enabled by easy access to dangerous drugs.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2021, 09:06:13 AM »
Addicts already have easy access to dangerous drugs.  The drug war is 40+ years old, do you think everyone was just pretending to fight it?  So what is your solution?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2021, 09:08:19 AM »
A border wall

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2021, 09:35:35 AM »
De-criminalize addiction and increase interdiction at the border multi-fold.

Also enable the Mexican government to break up the cartels, probably too late for that, though. 

Some of you are clearly co-mingling drugs like pot with vastly more dangerous drugs.   You'll of course deny this.

Drugs like CM, Fentanyl and Heroin should never be legalized.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2021, 09:40:05 AM »
De-criminalize addiction and increase interdiction at the border multi-fold.

Also enable the Mexican government to break up the cartels, probably too late for that, though. 

Some of you are clearly co-mingling drugs like pot with vastly more dangerous drugs.   You'll of course deny this.

Drugs like CM, Fentanyl and Heroin should never be legalized.

Right but how?  The issue is demand and illicit profits, until you destroy that I don't know how you can effectively do the bolded part, so be sure to weigh the hundreds of thousands killed in the Mexican drug war and then the countless murders in the US because of the drug war to your count on which makes more sense.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2021, 10:36:32 AM »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2021, 10:45:16 AM »
i don't think allowing recreational opioid use, for example, is a very good idea.  injecting more legal, highly addictive and dangerous substances into society seems like maybe not a great plan, even if we do provide programs that allow addicts to get help if they want it.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2021, 11:29:13 AM »
i don't think allowing recreational opioid use, for example, is a very good idea.  injecting more legal, highly addictive and dangerous substances into society seems like maybe not a great plan, even if we do provide programs that allow addicts to get help if they want it.

You're being far too diplomatic. For a plan for legalized opioids to work, this would assume that opioid addicts are clear thinking, rational, and not at all driven by impulsivity. Addicts will still avoid rehab, no matter how readily available it could become. Addicts will still do rash things to get a fix, whether that's stealing, or harming others. Legalization of the drugs do nothing to lessen the effects of the drugs om the mind, body, loved ones, and just regular ol' citizens.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2021, 11:35:32 AM »

You're being far too diplomatic. For a plan for legalized opioids to work, this would assume that opioid addicts are clear thinking, rational, and not at all driven by impulsivity. Addicts will still avoid rehab, no matter how readily available it could become. Addicts will still do rash things to get a fix, whether that's stealing, or harming others. Legalization of the drugs do nothing to lessen the effects of the drugs om the mind, body, loved ones, and just regular ol' citizens.
Yes.  I hate being a square (i don't hate it) but legalizing more harmful and addictive substances seems like a good way to get more people addicted to harmful substances.  It may aid in cracking down on the border violence and the cartel in general, but it comes with its own host problems, that i'm not sure are better.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2021, 07:02:08 PM »
rough ridin' squares
:adios: