Author Topic: PS Vue/Sling TV  (Read 52981 times)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: PS Vue/Sling TV
« Reply #550 on: March 17, 2021, 02:32:40 PM »
bally sports, wtf

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 17, 2021, 02:33:56 PM »
more like smelly sports
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 17, 2021, 03:40:15 PM »
Are they still in a carriage dispute with YTTV? Are they also in a dispute with Hulu Live and/or Sling?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 17, 2021, 03:42:16 PM »

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 17, 2021, 04:26:29 PM »
Yeah this is kind of dumb, in an age where technology is supposed to make things more accessible to people it seems like steps have been taken to purposely prevent people from accessing the product.   

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: March 17, 2021, 04:27:25 PM »
Are they still in a carriage dispute with YTTV? Are they also in a dispute with Hulu Live and/or Sling?

Yep, they have dug in and the only streaming service they are on is ATTV. They made it through NBA season without at deal and appear to be not budging with MLB upcoming. I've been trying to figure out what my Royals plan is this year. Probably going to try and stream what I can. Its crazy how hard it is to watch baseball when they basically inventing sports streaming/viewing games online.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 17, 2021, 04:28:39 PM »
I will watch in Omaha via Cox Cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 17, 2021, 04:29:11 PM »
Yeah this is kind of dumb, in an age where technology is supposed to make things more accessible to people it seems like steps have been taken to purposely prevent people from accessing the product.

Yep, said this below. MLB was the first to start streaming games by far and yet years later, it is still impossible to watch your local games without a cable box. Its weird.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 17, 2021, 05:17:54 PM »

Yep, said this below. MLB was the first to start streaming games by far and yet years later, it is still impossible to watch your local games without a cable box. Its weird.

This isn't exactly true, but the MLB streaming blackout rules are ridiculous, I don't get it. Of course this is the same league who didn't allow twitter and YouTube clips until 2019.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 17, 2021, 06:24:52 PM »
MLB:  hey check out games on something called Bally Sports, yeah Bally's just like the 80's arcade games!

Also MLB:  Man why is our sport declining in popularity??

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 17, 2021, 07:03:29 PM »
MLB:  hey check out games on something called Bally Sports, yeah Bally's just like the 80's arcade games!

Baseball has always been my favorite and I'm fairly certain they try to make current fans hate it and make little effort as possible to attract new ones. I'm amazed it is still as popular as it currently is.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 17, 2021, 07:13:50 PM »

:nono:

they're gamifying it!

“We are in the process of developing a new app which will encourage viewers to actively participate in the sports viewing experience by offering interactive elements such as free-to-play contests, rewards and the ability to engage and interact with other fans,” Ripley said in the call. “The idea is to make watching sports similar to playing a video game.”

Ripley said when the first phase of the app will allow viewers to rewind, view a replay and search for statistics.

“Our goal is to reach and engage as many consumers as possible through gamification across our entire enterprise of assets by implementing an array of gamification elements, each aligned with an authentic to, the content and activity in which they are offered. We will engage users while personalizing and customizing their experience for them based on their preferences and habits,” Ripley said.

“We plan to roll out various gamification elements throughout 2021, starting with our sports assets. You should expect to see gaming elements being incorporated into our sports network and digital programming as soon as the third quarter of this year.”

pretty cool they plan to add a feature that allows you to rewind and see statistics. If only there was an app out there that could do something similar.

(in all seriousness, YTTV's "realtime" stats during recorded sports is a fantastic feature)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 18, 2021, 12:54:16 AM »

LOL, that has nothing to do with the MLB, they can't help who purchased those RSNs. Aren't you a Cubs fan? They were the first baseball team to partner with Sinclair, which is Bally's Sports, for their local package. Marquee Sports Network is just Bally's but without the gambling component, aka the only good thing about having Sinclair broadcast your games.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 20, 2021, 12:18:53 PM »
Yttv gave me another chromecast TV for free last week so check your email if that thing interests you.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 20, 2021, 12:26:38 PM »
Yttv gave me another chromecast TV for free last week so check your email if that thing interests you.
I got like a 4k tivo offer but didn't bother

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 20, 2021, 12:47:04 PM »
I got like a 4k tivo offer but didn't bother

same
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 28, 2021, 02:15:41 PM »
Not sure if the correct thread, but YTTV in a contract dispute with NBCU.  As of Thursday, they will likely no longer carry all NBC channels, including NBC itself.

Good new is, if you don't mind the inconvenience, it will save you $5 a month.  YTTC is discounting the monthly fee by $10 a month, and Peacock premium is only $5 a month.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 28, 2021, 02:52:24 PM »
Not sure if the correct thread, but YTTV in a contract dispute with NBCU.  As of Thursday, they will likely no longer carry all NBC channels, including NBC itself.

Good new is, if you don't mind the inconvenience, it will save you $5 a month.  YTTC is discounting the monthly fee by $10 a month, and Peacock premium is only $5 a month.

I'm down with this. I have no idea if I watch NBC or not. I'm pretty sure I don't, so I'll take the $10 a month. Its actually pretty great of them to offer the money back. I like this way better than when they add stuff I don't watch and charge me.

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 28, 2021, 03:09:49 PM »

I'm down with this. I have no idea if I watch NBC or not. I'm pretty sure I don't, so I'll take the $10 a month. Its actually pretty great of them to offer the money back. I like this way better than when they add stuff I don't watch and charge me.

Yeah, the refund is nice for sure.  Sunday night football is on NBC, so that sucks.  Other than that, my wife is pissed that Bravo is going away.  We will have to get Peacock for that I have no doubt.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: September 28, 2021, 03:17:47 PM »
Don’t these disputes work themselves out on the last day every time?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: September 28, 2021, 03:18:42 PM »
if I can watch all the EPL on peacock I'm good

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: September 28, 2021, 03:28:26 PM »
splitting YTTV with 3 buddies was such an awesome idea. I hope they never take away the ability to stream from 3 different accounts at the same time but I'm sure they will

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: September 28, 2021, 03:32:11 PM »

Yeah, the refund is nice for sure.  Sunday night football is on NBC, so that sucks.  Other than that, my wife is pissed that Bravo is going away.  We will have to get Peacock for that I have no doubt.

Ohh, sunday night football is a bummer. Chiefs already did that so I'm good there, though. Does that stream on Peacock?

Offline kstate4life

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: September 28, 2021, 03:45:33 PM »
Don’t these disputes work themselves out on the last day every time?

We will find out!