Author Topic: Game Thread  (Read 10837 times)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Game Thread
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2016, 05:03:36 PM »
Willie almost didn't finish his push-ups we scored so many points

Millennials....

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2016, 05:03:37 PM »
We haven't scored over 60 in seven years.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline CATILLAC

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2016, 05:08:29 PM »
Great game today, I wish we could have shut them out and I hope we spend soe time this week working on not missing so many damn tackles... But Overall damn good game Cats.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2016, 05:26:52 PM »
I'm torn on Dimel. You can't complain when he keeps getting TDs, but against an inferior team it just feels like stat padding. Why not give some other RBs a chance to run it in from the 1?

Ball security,  downhill runner, harder to tackle,  can take more punishment. That's the reasoning for using him inside of the five. If it works, then why would anyone question it? I don't think the coaches are concerned with offending anyone's sense of fairness.

If he's the best at all those things, he should be the ball carrier on every play.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2016, 05:33:06 PM »
I'm torn on Dimel. You can't complain when he keeps getting TDs, but against an inferior team it just feels like stat padding. Why not give some other RBs a chance to run it in from the 1?

Ball security,  downhill runner, harder to tackle,  can take more punishment. That's the reasoning for using him inside of the five. If it works, then why would anyone question it? I don't think the coaches are concerned with offending anyone's sense of fairness.

If he's the best at all those things, he should be the ball carrier on every play.

Because we don't care about quickness, vision, speed and elusiveness? Also, I'm not saying he's the best at everything, but those points would obviously be their reasoning for using him inside the five.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2016, 05:46:58 PM »
If you need two and a half yards, he's your guy. Not a definition of a RB but also a guy who deserves a scholarship.

The Big Train

« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2016, 06:24:19 PM »
I got really sunburnt today :frown:

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2016, 06:25:45 PM »
I'm hoping for an insider report from Tom about the clear bag usage today.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2016, 06:44:22 PM »

Because we don't care about quickness, vision, speed and elusiveness? Also, I'm not saying he's the best at everything, but those points would obviously be their reasoning for using him inside the five.

Idk, all that stuff about ball security, being hard to tackle, etc. sound like stuff I want in the guy carrying the ball ever-y-play.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2016, 06:46:43 PM »

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2016, 06:51:46 PM »

Idk, all that stuff about ball security, being hard to tackle, etc. sound like stuff I want in the guy carrying the ball ever-y-play.

I mean, I'm sure it's probably just nepotism and the entire coaching staff are actually lizard people, and Snyder is supery racist and has dementia. Yeah, that sounds more right. What was I thinking with all of those fullback attributes I listed? Yikes!

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2016, 07:01:45 PM »
I mean, I'm sure it's probably just nepotism and the entire coaching staff are actually lizard people, and Snyder is supery racist and has dementia. Yeah, that sounds more right. What was I thinking with all of those fullback attributes I listed? Yikes!

None of the coaching staff are actually lizard people, nor is Snyder supery (sic) racist.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2016, 07:05:05 PM »
And don't even get me started on the whole halfback/fullback name thing.

The Big Train

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2016, 07:23:50 PM »

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2016, 07:29:53 PM »
student section was so much crazier when I was in school

Nice tuck troll Cfor3.  Almost made me feel like I was back on the GPC bored.  :emawkid:

Offline emawmason

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2016, 08:06:19 PM »
Not only is it tough to watch a blowout game, it is tough to see that the ball not being snapped in time isn't on Snyder. When Ertz took the delay of game in the 2nd half, he chucked his pen to midfield and slammed the headset in disgust. I don't see how this is a probably that has persisted for so freaking long.

Offline TaqMan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2016, 08:15:18 PM »
Didn't watch a down yet. I was busy outside. I didn't read the entire thread, but what should I look for? I cheated and looked at the score (don't usually do that ,but had to see the ku score and I couldn't help it, it was like right above it). Offense must have been clicking? Defense was stout? That 7 points was probably against our 3rd-4th stringers... Don't get the Chefs here, so I'll catch it sometime tomorrow

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2016, 08:18:45 PM »
going to need clarification on you watching the Kansas City chiefs before watching the cats before I answer anything

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »
Didn't watch a down yet. I was busy outside. I didn't read the entire thread, but what should I look for? I cheated and looked at the score (don't usually do that ,but had to see the ku score and I couldn't help it, it was like right above it). Offense must have been clicking? Defense was stout? That 7 points was probably against our 3rd-4th stringers... Don't get the Chefs here, so I'll catch it sometime tomorrow

If you like watching Dimel score touchdowns, you will enjoy this game immensely.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2016, 08:42:39 PM »
You guys.....the digital down markers, so :kstategrad:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2016, 11:11:09 PM »
You guys.....the digital down markers, so :kstategrad:

They are pretty sweet
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2016, 11:26:22 PM »
Few quick things from the game

-Really wish Warmack got a TD, especially the drive he did the yeoman's work to get us down inside the 10, before giving it to Dimel. Warmack should get more touches, Jones and Silmon are ok for change of pace but Warmack should be #1. Barnes looked pretty good too.
-Wish we passed a little better. Ertz looked ok, and even had a few nifty throws but we weren't anywhere near as proficient throwing as I'd like to be, want to see Pringle get a TD real bad too.
-Way too many penalties, tons of holds seemed to be most of the calls too. Really need to clean that up.
-Defense overall looked really good, few missed tackles but nothing to really freak out about ATM. Wish they didn't give up the TD but they were very opportunistic, and even the scrubs played pretty solid.
-Really liked that Ertz, Hubes, and Delton got rushng TDs, and that Hubes and Delton got significant playing time. Delton looked pretty deer in the headlights his first time out, but the second time he was way more composed.
-Harris looks like another great receiver we got hidden down in the depth chart. Hubes pretty much only wanted to throw to him and he did really well, other than that fumble.
- Pringle and Heath should always be our return men, they have great chemistry.
-Reed is indeed a baller, he loves to hit hard and get involved and I like that.
-Having the 360 concourse is sweet, our sound system sucks ass, if you were able to find some shade like I did for the second half of the game, it was overall pretty enjoyable weather.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2016, 12:16:05 AM »
Since the second half of the Stanford game the O-line has been fairly impressive for being so inexperienced.
This is the second worse (KU #1) d line they will see all year.

Does this mean you will bitch if we don't run for 400 yards next week? Will we get 700 yards rushing against KU?

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2016, 08:23:52 AM »
Since the second half of the Stanford game the O-line has been fairly impressive for being so inexperienced.
This is the second worse (KU #1) d line they will see all year.

Does this mean you will bitch if we don't run for 400 yards next week? Will we get 700 yards rushing against KU?
Pry and no.

Offline Ich.Gewinne

• Combo-Fan
  • Mumble Rap Is Great!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2016, 08:31:57 AM »
Anybody there and see if my guy Dishon is ok?

Woaaaaahh. Def not your guy.
Back for more bad takes.