Poll

Pretty simple question, who are you voting for in the presidential election?

Hillary Clinton
17 (36.2%)
Gary Johnson
15 (31.9%)
Jill Stein
2 (4.3%)
Donald Trump
5 (10.6%)
Other
3 (6.4%)
Not voting because I'm unhappy with the choices
5 (10.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Who you got?  (Read 9477 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Who you got?
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2016, 01:18:41 PM »
I'm truly the last line of defense guys

yeah that Nebraska swing state is a real doozy

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2016, 01:21:46 PM »
I've been trying to convince a guy I work with to vote for Gary Johnson so that he doesn't vote for Trump. It isn't working so far.

Most of the Trump voters I know are upset he's the candidate because they don't think he will win. They like his policies just fine though and have no problem voting for him.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2016, 01:23:31 PM »
I disagree with Obama on this

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-vote-vote-trump/story?id=42416587

You should, it's an intellectually empty statement made by a partisan crap head.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2016, 01:54:31 PM »
everyone needs to eff off with their "get in line or the sky is going to fall" bullshit.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »
And his bit where he equates "voting for third party candidates with no chance to win" to "not voting" is pretty anti-democratic.

I agree on one level, but he was talking to a specific audience, not the American people.

What "specific audience" are you talking about? That statement from Obama pretty much epitomizes what I think is his biggest failing, that politics is really just an "us" versus "them" exercise and the people's job is solely to elect more good guys so they can beat down the bad guys.

There are a lot of things people think are zero sum that aren't zero sum, but elections are definitely zero sum.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2016, 02:08:17 PM »
If we're ignoring the anti-Democratic notion and making this a purely logical exercise, then a vote for a third party or no vote is a vote against Hillary, not a vote for Trump.

Obama is way too smart of a person to say stuff that stupid.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2016, 02:26:32 PM »
I've been trying to convince a guy I work with to vote for Gary Johnson so that he doesn't vote for Trump. It isn't working so far.

No vote or a vote for a third party is a vote for Trump UNLESS that vote is otherwise definitely going to Trump with zero chance of going to Clinton.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2016, 03:41:08 PM »
I disagree with Obama on this

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-vote-vote-trump/story?id=42416587

You should, it's an intellectually empty statement made by a partisan crap head.

:love:

everyone needs to eff off with their "get in line or the sky is going to fall" bullshit.

:love:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Who you got?
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2016, 03:46:09 PM »

No vote or a vote for a third party is a vote for Trump UNLESS that vote is otherwise definitely going to Trump with zero chance of going to Clinton.

Interesting. No vote or a vote for a third party is the same as voting for Trump unless you would have voted for Trump otherwise, in which case it is a vote for Clinton.

So I guess if you are going to vote for a third party you may as well just vote Trump. BUT, if instead of just voting Trump because it's the same as voting for a third party, you decide you will vote for the third party, then BOOM: one less vote for Trump which means you just voted Hillary.

Thanks Obama.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2016, 04:23:42 PM »
mathematically, a non vote by anyone who dislikes trump or a  vote for a third party instead of clinton is .5 of a vote for trump, so i rate obama's statement as *mostly true*.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2016, 05:17:53 PM »
Just Trim 3:16 it.  Vote for whoever you want, and if you don't want to vote for anyone, don't.  But this "you better vote and that vote better be for my person because if not then you'll be to blame when the bad candidate wins" rhetoric is silly.

If you want my vote, give me someone I want to vote for.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2016, 05:22:11 PM »
This guy gets it.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2016, 05:22:59 PM »
Just Trim 3:16 it.  Vote for whoever you want, and if you don't want to vote for anyone, don't.  But this "you better vote and that vote better be for my person because if not then you'll be to blame when the bad candidate wins" rhetoric is silly.

:thumbs:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2016, 05:30:13 PM »

Interesting. No vote or a vote for a third party is the same as voting for Trump unless you would have voted for Trump otherwise, in which case it is a vote for Clinton.

So I guess if you are going to vote for a third party you may as well just vote Trump. BUT, if instead of just voting Trump because it's the same as voting for a third party, you decide you will vote for the third party, then BOOM: one less vote for Trump which means you just voted Hillary.

Thanks Obama.

Well the guy is definetly voting for Trump unless I can convince him to vote for GJ (aka 42.579% of a vote for Clinton). He lives in KS so will it really matter either way?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2016, 05:45:29 PM »
see if you can find a libertarian-leaning trumper in new hampshire or florida that you can flip.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2016, 05:47:47 PM »
Do this country a favor and vote for Hillary, it's not that complicated.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2016, 06:11:41 PM »

it really is that simple.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2016, 06:15:13 PM »

the nerve of politicians trying to influence the outcomes of elections! Silly!

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2016, 07:34:11 PM »

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

eff yourself.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2016, 07:48:59 PM »

Thanks Obama.

Well the guy is definetly voting for Trump unless I can convince him to vote for GJ (aka 42.579% of a vote for Clinton). He lives in KS so will it really matter either way?

Tell him to go to balancedrebellion(.com?). It matches up Trump supporters with Hillary supporters in your state and you cancel out each other's vote by both voting Gary.

At least he could be comforted by feeling responsible by taking a vote away from Hillary?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »

it really is that simple.

She should do the country a favor and quit

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2016, 08:47:58 AM »
Not that it matters, because do what you want, but I'd love to hear why ell is so obsessed with Hillary. I think he wants to bang her.