Author Topic: 2016 non-qhatz ncaa football  (Read 99776 times)

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 non-qhatz ncaa football
« Reply #300 on: September 11, 2016, 11:26:23 AM »
we're talking trash on Kenny Hill after he had 377 yards passing and 93 yards rushing against a real team?

yeesh, not a good look, boys.

Its arguable that our loss at Stanford is the 2nd best performance by a Big 12 team so far this year.

what on earth

Did you see the game; to say he had accuracy issues would be putting it mildly. He has a great receiving crew and offensive coordinators that aren't crippingly risk averse. Even on what should have been the game winning touchdown drive in regulation he has two bad passes before his touchdown run then he commits a stupid penalty that costs his team 15 yards. He is an elusive runner, has an average arm; if he was here our coaches would have let him pass the ball about 18 times and 10 of those would be single pattern pass plays.

I would kill for an elusive runner with an average arm

His name is Alex Delton
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #301 on: September 11, 2016, 12:04:31 PM »
We are grading Hill on a curve due to the talent he has supporting him on the field and in the booth.

Boykin wasn't an earth shattering talent, but he was much better than Hill. I agree that someone with Delton's inherent skills would probably do nearly as well in their offense.

Hill is going to put up good numbers, but he's going to struggle to win big. Just like at A&M.

Offline MixBerryCrunch

• Señor Vol
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Anybody want a peanut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 11, 2016, 12:18:57 PM »
We are grading Hill on a curve due to the talent he has supporting him on the field and in the booth.

Boykin wasn't an earth shattering talent, but he was much better than Hill. I agree that someone with Delton's inherent skills would probably do nearly as well in their offense.

Hill is going to put up good numbers, but he's going to struggle to win big. Just like at A&M.

Kenny Hill is a below average quarterback in a really good offensive system.
Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 11, 2016, 12:53:02 PM »
we're talking trash on Kenny Hill after he had 377 yards passing and 93 yards rushing against a real team?

Its arguable that our loss at Stanford is the 2nd best performance by a Big 12 team so far this year.

what on earth

Did you see the game; to say he had accuracy issues would be putting it mildly. He has a great receiving crew and offensive coordinators that aren't crippingly risk averse. Even on what should have been the game winning touchdown drive in regulation he has two bad passes before his touchdown run then he commits a stupid penalty that costs his team 15 yards. He is an elusive runner, has an average arm; if he was here our coaches would have let him pass the ball about 18 times and 10 of those would be single pattern pass plays.

Which of those don't you think Sisco has?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 11, 2016, 01:04:52 PM »

what on earth

Which of those don't you think Sisco has?
both, at least when compared to Kenny Hill

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 11, 2016, 01:07:48 PM »
That's stupid

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 11, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »
That's stupid
You're incredibly delusional. I've seen nothing from Ertz that makes me think he can do anything better than Kenny Hill at this point. Yes that's taking into consideration we played Stanford and our coaches suck.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #307 on: September 11, 2016, 01:26:03 PM »
Sisco would have 500+ yards on 55 attempts.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 11, 2016, 01:42:28 PM »
That's stupid
You're incredibly delusional. I've seen nothing from Ertz that makes me think he can do anything better than Kenny Hill at this point. Yes that's taking into consideration we played Stanford and our coaches suck.

And you're incredibly dramatic and reactional. He is historically fast and his athleticism has been talked about from nearly everyone whose only experience watching him wasn't limited to 60 minutes while pak'd. He didn't have a good day throwing the ball but it wasn't to the point where you can say with a straight face that he doesn't have an average arm. You've completely dismissed what he is and can be based off of his first game which was against a national championship contender.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 11, 2016, 01:44:53 PM »
It's also stupid because you're arguing against all of the people who actually watched hill last night and came away unimpressed, you read a stat sheet.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 11, 2016, 01:50:42 PM »
1 touchdown on 55 attempts :ROFL: look out Heisman, here comes Trill.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 11, 2016, 01:53:16 PM »
It's also stupid because you're arguing against all of the people who actually watched hill last night and came away unimpressed, you read a stat sheet.
I watched over half the game and thought, "hey,  this quarterback can make a play, how nice", long before I read this thread dismissing him as garbage. Didn't think that once about ertz other than the miracle 4th down touchdown.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 11, 2016, 02:36:35 PM »

what on earth

:D

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 11, 2016, 02:53:23 PM »
ASU may get to 80.

Went to the game. Always such a weird atmosphere in Sun Devil Stadium. The game was mostly boring except for watching Ballage net 8 TDs and listening to Tech fans be all shocked when they don't score. They definitely all think their offense is the best thing ever. ASU really could've put more on them if Todd Graham wasn't an idiot. Everyone here hates him

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 11, 2016, 03:31:24 PM »
ASU may get to 80.

Went to the game. Always such a weird atmosphere in Sun Devil Stadium. The game was mostly boring except for watching Ballage net 8 TDs and listening to Tech fans be all shocked when they don't score. They definitely all think their offense is the best thing ever. ASU really could've put more on them if Todd Graham wasn't an idiot. Everyone here hates him

Got any pics of their weird stadium renovations?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 11, 2016, 05:17:53 PM »
That's stupid

And you're incredibly dramatic and reactional. He is historically fast and his athleticism has been talked about from nearly everyone whose only experience watching him wasn't limited to 60 minutes while pak'd. He didn't have a good day throwing the ball but it wasn't to the point where you can say with a straight face that he doesn't have an average arm. You've completely dismissed what he is and can be based off of his first game which was against a national championship contender.
no dog in this fight but come on MiR, calling another poster dramatic?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Big Sam

• King of the Tucks
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 11, 2016, 07:58:17 PM »
ASU may get to 80.

:excited:

Offline DOD Take 2

• Combo-Fan
  • Corndogs Jackie! Corndogs for all these people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 11, 2016, 10:00:24 PM »
ASU may get to 80.

:excited:

I sat on the east side (which hasn't been renovated yet) and didn't walk over and grab pics of new west side. They've got a bunch of barricades up that makes it a pain to go around. I'll go back here this fall again and take photos for ya. West side certainly looks nicer from a distance tho

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2016, 06:26:46 AM »
Awful lot of qhatz football being talked about in this non-qhatz football thread.

I want to talk some non-qhatz, as this thread's framers intended.

OU wins conference, UT finishes tied for second with Baylor.  That's my updated predicto.

Given the poop city USA situation of the Big 12 (worst it's been in the history of the conference???  You can easily make the argument) I agree with _Fan that 4th - 7th is a hot mess.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 12, 2016, 09:14:28 AM »
I didn't see any college football after the osu lol ending, and america was on to nfl by sunday morning.  What are the main things that happened?

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2016, 09:56:08 AM »
I didn't see any college football after the osu lol ending, and america was on to nfl by sunday morning.  What are the main things that happened?
Nothing really. Pretty boring weekend

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2016, 09:58:01 AM »
TCU gagging away one of the precious few P5 wins for the big 12 was one of my key takeaways

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2016, 10:01:00 AM »
Tech let some dude, whose only role is to run the wildcat, score 8 touchdowns.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2016, 10:10:31 AM »
Clemson only beat Troy by 6 and Georgia only beat Nicholls State by 2. Also there was some super boring Ohio State vs. Tulsa game on for some reason. And KU is pure hot garbage.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 12, 2016, 10:17:43 AM »
Awful lot of qhatz football being talked about in this non-qhatz football thread.

I want to talk some non-qhatz, as this thread's framers intended.

OU wins conference, UT finishes tied for second with Baylor.  That's my updated predicto.

Given the poop city USA situation of the Big 12 (worst it's been in the history of the conference???  You can easily make the argument) I agree with _Fan that 4th - 7th is a hot mess.

Could be. 2004 Big 12 was pretty bad. 2 Top 10s (OU, UT) a decent Tech (#18) and a bunch of others. Big 12 North was dreadful.