Author Topic: Cats +2 vs Aggy  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
Cats +2 vs Aggy
« on: December 07, 2016, 12:12:46 AM »
As usual.... Pound away. 

:Order:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
bears are fast...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Cats +2 vs Aggy
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 07:29:29 AM »
sports wagering is the devil's brew but with that line i would bet most of western Kansas on our aggie brothers

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 09:46:32 AM »
sports wagering is the devil's brew but with that line i would bet most of western Kansas on our aggie brothers

That's exactly what the bookmakers are hoping you'll do, 'clams.... they want you to  :Take the Bait:
bears are fast...

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 10:23:59 AM »
do you not think that they're a better team than we are and that they should win by more than 2 points?  what would make you think otherwise?

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 10:55:30 AM »
do you not think that they're a better team than we are and that they should win by more than 2 points?  what would make you think otherwise?

Most math models have this game from PK to a 3 point edge for aTm... We all know that bowl games are really glorified exhibition games that mean squat in the big scheme of things.  So, ultimately it comes down to motivation.

At this point, I'm of the belief that our young team will enter the game with far greater motivation to knock off an SEC team in a game they stretched to reach than what aggy will bring into a game vs "Lil ol K-State" in a game they "fell to".

Maybe we get rolled... who knows?  But, my feelings are that we enter with a motivational/psychological edge.

We'll see on Dec. 28.

bears are fast...

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 11:21:11 AM »

Most math models have this game from PK to a 3 point edge for aTm... We all know that bowl games are really glorified exhibition games that mean squat in the big scheme of things.  So, ultimately it comes down to motivation.

At this point, I'm of the belief that our young team will enter the game with far greater motivation to knock off an SEC team in a game they stretched to reach than what aggy will bring into a game vs "Lil ol K-State" in a game they "fell to".

Maybe we get rolled... who knows?  But, my feelings are that we enter with a motivational/psychological edge.

We'll see on Dec. 28.

I would agree. In mid October aTm was talking about their seed in the CFP while we were hoping to be bowl elgible. A lot changed over the last half of the season, including aTm losing to the SEC equivalent of Baylor or Tech in November.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 11:42:40 AM »

We'll see on Dec. 28.

I would agree. In mid October aTm was talking about their seed in the CFP while we were hoping to be bowl elgible. A lot changed over the last half of the season, including aTm losing to the SEC equivalent of Baylor or Tech in November.
Home loss to Ole Miss, ouch. They also looked completely toothless against LSU.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 02:15:03 PM »
k-state motivation for a bowl game?it's not like i have to point out coach snyder's bowl record, or the fact that this team got it's ass dilated by the last sec team we played in a bowl game.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 02:48:47 PM »
k-state motivation for a bowl game?it's not like i have to point out coach snyder's bowl record, or the fact that this team got it's ass dilated by the last sec team we played in a bowl game.

Should we consider our bowl record during lunar cycles as well?  Maybe we what Texas A&M has done in relation to bowl kickoff times and high tide in Galveston?

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 02:57:07 PM »
no reason to talk lunar cycles when we can overly complicate the calculus by coming up with obscure motivational reasoning and psychological edges

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 03:18:14 PM »
 :lol: fair enough

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 12:42:13 PM »

:peek:
bears are fast...