Author Topic: Tanning Success Stories?  (Read 3255 times)

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
Tanning Success Stories?
« on: March 31, 2010, 12:00:08 PM »
As you all know, tanning season is upon us!  Last year I had a good, but not great tan, mostly because I didn't lay down a proper base (yeah yeah yeah, I know that's one of the basic rules, but I waited too long last spring).  While the tan was serviceable in Kansas (private pool parties, 4 wheeling, etc...) it was pretty obvious who was lax when I was in California, and I DO NOT want that to happen this year (got the rope at a beach soirée near Pepperdine U and was humiliated).

In years past this was my goto:

it provided excellent coverage and consistent tone, but now I want to kick it up a couple of degrees.  Any reccy's out there from other elite tanners out there?  Here are some details:
I will lay down a good 15% base over the next few weeks (75% natural sun - 25% bed) and will moisturize 10% more than usual (gotta be safe). 
For the next six weeks I will be trying to increase my tone by 5% per week. 
I will not go above 40% bed, and will NOT use any "fake bake" products.

TIA.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Tanning Success Stories?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 12:33:32 PM »
I look fantastic bronzed up.  Great thread.

Offline badnewsjimmy

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 01:05:28 PM »
Rub yourself down with lard. Lay in sun.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 01:12:20 PM »
Rub yourself down with lard. Lay in sun.
:rolleyes:  I guess we know who's wearing a shirt in the pool now.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 01:19:47 PM »
I've had a few skin cancers removed.  I will be pasty white for the rest of my life.

:angry:  <----- except pasty white

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
I've had a few skin cancers removed.  I will be pasty white for the rest of my life.

:angry:  <----- except pasty white
Sorry bro.  Not everyone can dunk either. :frown:

*In your case, I would def recommend a fake bake.  It would be passable most places where image isn't that big a concern, and most people would understand.  A spot like Sandals Jamaica or Oceans of Fun would be acceptable.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 02:03:59 PM »
Wow, Chingon. It's amazing that you'd mention this. Was just doing a little "sunroof" shopping myself, and came across this review:

If you're looking for something more organic (and aromatic) for your skin this summer, don't overlook the all-natural olive-oil glaze. In addition to providing an exceptionally smooth, cinnamon-butter tan, it also works as a two-in-one skincare product, both bronzing and deeply moisturizing, which frequently proves valuable for those looking to extend their peak tans through the late-summer beach party season increasingly popular with the whos-who along the West Coast.

PROS: Great, long-lasting tan and well-moisturized skin from economical and organic means.
CONS: Will smell like falafel vendor
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2010, 03:03:19 PM »
Wow, Chingon. It's amazing that you'd mention this. Was just doing a little "sunroof" shopping myself, and came across this review:

If you're looking for something more organic (and aromatic) for your skin this summer, don't overlook the all-natural olive-oil glaze. In addition to providing an exceptionally smooth, cinnamon-butter tan, it also works as a two-in-one skincare product, both bronzing and deeply moisturizing, which frequently proves valuable for those looking to extend their peak tans through the late-summer beach party season increasingly popular with the whos-who along the West Coast.

PROS: Great, long-lasting tan and well-moisturized skin from economical and organic means.
CONS: Will smell like falafel vendor
NICE but the smelling bad is a big-time deal breaker.  You can tell who the tanning n00bs are by the overpowering scent of cheap imitation coconut.  Very bad form.

ALSO a tip for the pros: use cut q-tips to separate your toes.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 03:46:18 PM »
great thread timing.  it's not quite time to chase down the rays but it almost is.  my friends and i spend the majority of the summer at one of three places- a) party cove, b) pillsbury crossing, c) anywhere with a beach, a lot of babes, and a ton of brews.

anyways, if any of you guys find anything better than the 2010 version of Beyond Black Mega Tingle Indoor Tanning Bed lotion, post it here because as far as my friends and i are concerned, - it pwns anything else on the market.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2010, 03:47:53 PM »
I've got a tanning bed at home. You should look into it.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »
great thread timing.  it's not quite time to chase down the rays but it almost is.  my friends and i spend the majority of the summer at one of three places- a) party cove, b) pillsbury crossing, c) anywhere with a beach, a lot of babes, and a ton of brews.

anyways, if any of you guys find anything better than the 2010 version of Beyond Black Mega Tingle Indoor Tanning Bed lotion, post it here because as far as my friends and i are concerned, - it pwns anything else on the market.

This is my ace in the hole for this year's sun season.  If all goes well, I might just throw my shirts away, because I won't be needed them.  I got the jeep tuned up: new roller bars and I filled my tires with water for sand cruising (espesh fun at night!).

Sun, sand, and sangria all summer long for me man.  Going with the Mont Blancs this year too:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 04:55:56 PM »
i get tan quickly and w/out the use of product. once i get "good", i have used the product below exclusively for about four years. 1)it smells kind of (not a lot) citrusy. 2)it's a spray. i laugh. absolutely laugh at people still using lotions. 3)it's good. real good.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:57:45 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 05:26:20 PM »
i get tan quickly and w/out the use of product. once i get "good", i have used the product below exclusively for about four years. 1)it smells kind of (not a lot) citrusy. 2)it's a spray. i laugh. absolutely laugh at people still using lotions. 3)it's good. real good.

meh, whatever you say Lemons and LMFAO @ spf 30.  FTL.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2010, 06:15:31 PM »
Fishing ftw

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2010, 06:23:49 PM »

meh, whatever you say Lemons and LMFAO @ spf 30.  FTL.

spf smack? whtan00b.  :lol:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 06:32:14 PM »
ok Lemons

Offline AzCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 10:33:22 PM »
Google 'Melanotan'.  HTH pasty white dudes.    :eye:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2016, 01:54:06 PM »
I'm getting "twice dipped" today like a rough ridin' wing at the peanut. Tanning bed and then a spray tan. Not looking forward to it.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 02:07:17 PM »
don't get zapped!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2016, 02:09:10 PM »
 :ohno:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2016, 02:46:25 PM »
I'm getting "twice dipped" today like a rough ridin' wing at the peanut. Tanning bed and then a spray tan. Not looking forward to it.

I hope your tux is orange.